Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bank of Bitcoin- The World's Most Secure Bitcoin Service- Unhackable! - page 9. (Read 6864 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
You'll soon see that Greyhawk is actually very kind

No insults dude pls  Angry
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
As I understand, this is not a bank but a paper wallet service. Paper wallet is the most best way to keep bitcoins safe.
Dummm- that is exactly in part what we do- it's a bank in the sense that we help provide you with a way to store your hard earned Bitcoins. We are adding Merchant Services, which will offer the same secured storage options with even greater convenience for online merchants.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank
For a good example, see the Islamic Bank of Bitcoin. I strongly urge you to change your name, unless you're actually handling the coins yourself this is not a bank.

Regarding security - is it safer to download one client once (Armory), or download the client every day (web)?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
Inedible- Thanks, I will figure out a way to offer more legitimacy and proof of who I am, and that indeed I exist! Never really had to do that before. You can see I am registered here: http://whois.domaintools.com/thebankofbitcoin.com

I'm doing it to protect the community as much as I am trying to help you establish yourself.

You'll soon see that Greyhawk is actually very kind in comparison to the wolves who will soon be pursuing you for information.

The problem with Bitcoin is it attracts the very best of the worst kinds of fraudsters and the most vocal of the cynics won't give you much room for maneuver.

There's a lot of money to be made for a successful scammer and you've position yourself as a bank so expect to see a lot of people asking for a lot of reassurance.

I would strongly suggest if you're not comfortable handing over a lot of personal information that you might want to rethink whether you're the correct partner (of your associates) to be the face of the organisation.

You're going to come under a great deal of scrutiny and you'll have to put up with a great deal of harassment from the more cynical.

So yep, decide if providing the following would be too much for you to disclose:

1) Physical address of your organisation
2) Verification that you are indeed Veronica Kearney (this might go as far as a short questionnaire answered in video format with display of a redacted photo ID).

These are big asks but you're asking for a lot of trust.

Edited: Grammar
On a side note, I'm starting to realise Greyhawk likes to be troll-y. For the record, I have no idea what Orleander is, so either you're inventing things or your frenzied effort to discredit me has led to a dead end. Enough responding to that.

It's not unusual for people participating in MLM sales scams for unproven fraudladen "anti-aging" snake oil to not have the slightest idea what it is they are selling. You might recognize it more under the name 'Nerium'.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Inedible- Thanks, I will figure out a way to offer more legitimacy and proof of who I am, and that indeed I exist! Never really had to do that before. You can see I am registered here: http://whois.domaintools.com/thebankofbitcoin.com

Dummm- that is exactly in part what we do- it's a bank in the sense that we help provide you with the most way to store your hard earned Bitcoins - in that sense, we are better than the average bank. We are adding Merchant Services, which will offer the same secured storage options with even greater convenience for online merchants.

On a side note, I'm starting to realise Greyhawk likes to be troll-y. For the record, I have no idea what Orleander is, so either you're inventing things or your frenzied effort to discredit me has led to a dead end. Enough responding to that.
Activity: 9
As I understand, this is not a bank but a paper wallet service. Paper wallet is the most best way to keep bitcoins safe.
I have deleted my most recent and important experiences to prevent people like you from contacting and harassing my most important employers.

Which one. The MLM marketing scheme with Oleander as an anti-aging product? Laffo.
Greyhawk: I'm a graduate from New York University with a degree in psychology, and business studies from NYU Stern. I have deleted my most recent and important experiences to prevent people like you from contacting and harassing my most important employers. And half naked, wow didn't think it would look that way! I'm wearing a strapless dress at a dinner. Yeesh, I think I'll change that. I'm an investor and entrepreneur here, although I have some knowledge of programming that was lent to my partners.

Inedible: My details were verified by GoDaddy when the website was made secure. You can see that it is in fact registered to me.

The SSL certificate just says the owner is verified. Unfortunately this doesn't mean much as my neighbour could apply for a certificate and I could use it. Her identity would indeed be verified but it wouldn't link that site with me.

I'm not trying to be difficult - just helping you establish your legitimacy Smiley
BitcoinBarrel, you are absolutely correct. Storing your Private Key in a secure physical location = greatest security. Akka got it right- "mainstream" users who are more technologically challenged will find the most value here in terms of security- although it's absolutely true that convenience offered is a value to everyone.
I wouldn't be here putting my name on this if this was some sort of scam, though being a skeptic and libertarian myself I understand. I'm not even sure how you could deduce "ponzi" from this, but. Not here to argue, but I will say this: I am not going anywhere, we are not going anywhere. The Bank of Bitcoin is not going anywhere. We are here to set the standard for security and convenience in this crazy world of Bitcoin.

When you say 'putting your name to this' - do you mean proving who you are?

If so, please provide your details so we can verify your claims.
legendary
Activity: 2008
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
The only way to be 100% secure is to keep your keys/backups in a location ONLY YOU know about.
Thanks Akka. We are here to stand the test of time.

Greyhawk, you can find me on Linkedin   Grin

I know. I also totally approve of the direct progression from a 2 month stint as truck driver logistics intern to Bank CEO. It helps with the trustworthyness issues almost as much as the half naked party picture.
Thanks Akka. We are here to stand the test of time.

Greyhawk, you can find me on Linkedin   Grin
I understand completely, Mr. Giannuzzi.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
unhackable

That's basically an invite for everyone to go and try it.

Actually, the side looks nice and this may be a services that is needed not for us (still the vast majority) here, but for "Mainstream" users that are overchallenged with properly securing their coins them self.

That the community is by now very skeptic of such services is actually a very healthy thing.

As always, don't give any BTC to such services that you can't afford to loose.

If you are still around in ~1 Year and did not close, get hacked or run with the Deposits you have, then you will have the necessary legitimacy.
Illimensky: You can't get any more secure than paper, which is exactly what is provided at The Bank of Bitcoin.

I wouldn't be here putting my name on this if this was some sort of scam, though being a skeptic and libertarian myself I understand. I'm not even sure how you could deduce "ponzi" from this, but. Not here to argue, but I will say this: I am not going anywhere, we are not going anywhere. The Bank of Bitcoin is not going anywhere. We are here to set the standard for security and convenience in this crazy world of Bitcoin.

Greyhawk you wanna try it out?

If I wanted to sink BTC into a bottomless hole, I would rather put some coins into miningunited. At least there's a little bit of entertainment value there wagering when exactly the Ponzi goes BOOM!.

With this... thing.... not so much.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Troll of the Fourth Reich.
Greyhawk you wanna try it out?
Activity: 56
Why wouldn't a cold wallet be way, way more secure than this?
Hello, Don. Why did you change your name to Veronica?  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: