Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bitcoin Relationship Thread: G/F, Wife, Significant Other...etc... Tales... - page 3. (Read 5779 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
DigiByte Founder
You basically illustrated my point. One girl says "I don't think bitcoin will work", so a neckbeard breaks up with her instead of just being patient because "fuck anyone who has a different religious, political or technological opinion than me!".  Roll Eyes
Except that's not what happened.

My GF bitched me out last night because she said I wouldn't stop talking about Bitcoin and I wasn't paying enough attention to her and all I did was watch stupid boring charts.
Dump her. Bitcoin is irrelevant here - it won't matter what your interests or hobbies are, she'll react the same way. Find somebody who will share your interests, or at least will allow you to have other interests besides her.
That's a good point. Every time I focus on something she over reacts and says I am paying no attention to her. I would do a poll but I have a feeling it would be lopsided in the "dump" category. lol

You're right, my bad. It wasn't a disagreement at all, it was OP neglecting his responsibilities as a boyfriend. lol
lol! I knew I should have never skipped chapter 12 in The Bitcoin Bro Guide: "Ways to seduce her and slowly make her fall in love with Bitcoin" and went straight to Chapter 13: "Things women will do for some BTC after a few too many drinks."
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Politics and religion are excellent reasons to break up with a girlfriend. Better a breakup now than a divorce later.
100% yes to this!  Disagreements on religion or politics (or money) is a HUGE red flag when talking about getting married.  You've got to be on the same page with your spouse on anything that either of you feel passionately about, or it's very likely going to end badly.  People have euphoric views on how they will change their spouse's viewpoint, or how it doesn't really matter and they'll just work it out, but that doesn't match reality.

Source:  Happily married for almost 7 years now.

This can also mean that you simply agree to disagree on some subjects.

For instance, just because one person is an Atheist and another is Roman Catholic does not mean that they'd be bad for each other. As long as neither of them is a preachy, foaming-at-the-mouth extremist type of person, they should be able to get along fine in that regard.

Of course, religion and politics are only a measly two variables in the equation of a relationship.
Exactly why I said "either of you feel passionately about".  If either the Atheist or the Roman Catholic felt passionately about their religious views, in most cases, that marriage will end badly.  Not in all cases, certainly, but in most cases, yes.  At the very least, it'll be a source of tension/contention in the marriage.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Bitcoin was a major source of contention between myself and my late wife. I bought in July, 2011 at around $14/BTC. I cashed out $10k from one of my IRAs, I saw the potential in Bitcoin and knew it would be big. I traded a bit at MtGox as it went down and got up to 800BTC. Then I got on Bitcoinica as the price dropped a lot and desperate to get my money back I did a lot of shorting and a lot of losing bitcoins. I pulled everything out of there as it appeared that manipulation was a bit too precise in taking my BTC away. I had about 250 BTC left. I pretty much had to tell my wife that the whole Bitcoin thing was a wash and that there was no money there. I was constantly reminded that I "threw away 10 thousand dollars on your stupid Bitcoins".

Finally last October we were buying a house and needed $5,000 toward the down payment. Bitcoin was at about $11/BTC around then. We were scraping what we could get for the $5,000. I borrowed $2,500 from my brother and finally broke down and cashed out the rest of my bitcoins for the rest.

Losing a loved one you play a lot of "what if"s. Had Bitcoin jumped like this last year instead of this year I likely would not have had to go to Afghanistan to get out of our financial problems and I could have been home with my wife...

But anything can happen in life.

She used to also complain about my time wasted supporting Ron Paul. Even though she supported him too, she knew that any action supporting him was a waste of time because they would never let him win.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
You basically illustrated my point. One girl says "I don't think bitcoin will work", so a neckbeard breaks up with her instead of just being patient because "fuck anyone who has a different religious, political or technological opinion than me!".  Roll Eyes

My GF bitched me out last night because she said I wouldn't stop talking about Bitcoin and I wasn't paying enough attention to her and all I did was watch stupid boring charts.
Dump her. Bitcoin is irrelevant here - it won't matter what your interests or hobbies are, she'll react the same way. Find somebody who will share your interests, or at least will allow you to have other interests besides her.
That's a good point. Every time I focus on something she over reacts and says I am paying no attention to her. I would do a poll but I have a feeling it would be lopsided in the "dump" category. lol

You're right, my bad. It wasn't a disagreement at all, it was OP neglecting his responsibilities as a boyfriend. lol
legendary
Merit: 1013

I'm single and when I'm on a date (never a first date) I love to talk about Bitcoin and explain how it works just to test the other person's reaction. I honestly don't care whether they like Bitcoin or not; it is really just a test of how open minded they are to new ideas, especially ideas which conflict with something they already believe. If they aren't capable of adopting new concepts and ideas, how are they going to share new concepts with me? One person to whom I explained Bitcoin had no response. When I asked for one I just got "Well it's interesting, I just don't think it'll work."  

As if it doesn't already work.

For a variety of reasons I don't talk to that person anymore.

Well, if everyone believe it'd work, then great ideas would be automatic successes.

The Apple computer and the HP exec telling Woz that they weren't interested in a personal computer...
IBM execs telling Bill Gates the money was on the hardware...
MP3's
file sharing services
streaming...
so many ideas were perceived as flawed or unfeasible...
But anyways, I'm off-topic here Smiley

Activity: 800
Merit: 250
Politics and religion are excellent reasons to break up with a girlfriend. Better a breakup now than a divorce later.
100% yes to this!  Disagreements on religion or politics (or money) is a HUGE red flag when talking about getting married.  You've got to be on the same page with your spouse on anything that either of you feel passionately about, or it's very likely going to end badly.  People have euphoric views on how they will change their spouse's viewpoint, or how it doesn't really matter and they'll just work it out, but that doesn't match reality.

This can also mean that you simply agree to disagree on some subjects.

For instance, just because one person is an Atheist and another is Roman Catholic does not mean that they'd be bad for each other. As long as neither of them is a preachy, foaming-at-the-mouth extremist type of person, they should be able to get along fine in that regard.

Of course, religion and politics are only a measly two variables in the equation of a relationship.
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I'm single and when I'm on a date (never a first date) I love to talk about Bitcoin and explain how it works just to test the other person's reaction. I honestly don't care whether they like Bitcoin or not; it is really just a test of how open minded they are to new ideas, especially ideas which conflict with something they already believe. If they aren't capable of adopting new concepts and ideas, how are they going to share new concepts with me? One person to whom I explained Bitcoin had no response. When I asked for one I just got "Well it's interesting, I just don't think it'll work."  

Well, if everyone believe it'd work, then great ideas would be automatic successes.

The Apple computer and the HP exec telling Woz that they weren't interested in a personal computer...
IBM execs telling Bill Gates the money was on the hardware...
MP3's
file sharing services
streaming...
so many ideas were perceived as flawed or unfeasible...
But anyways, I'm off-topic here Smiley
Activity: 249
Merit: 251

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
it was one of the things that bound Bruce and is partner together it seemed.

That and a male prostitution business.
legendary
Merit: 1005
Anyone who would break up with their girlfriend over their opinion of bitcoin is a sad SOB imo. That's like breaking up with her because of her religion, or simply for her political views.

DigiByte Founder
Judging by the responses, I'd be surprised if anyone responding wasn't single.

I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning.

LMAO if anyone knows that quote, you win LOL
Tommy!
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

My ex-gf was violently against Bitcoin, but that was not the reason we broke up.  I chatted with her the other day and couldn't help but brag about being up North of 100-grand.  Her first response was 'why don't you sell them?'  Of course.

Most of the other women in my life are smart and tolerant.  Most of them have no trouble understanding the secure blockchain aspects of the solution, but are certainly not fascinated by it as is the case with a fraction of my male friends.  Of course most of my male friends are not fascinated by it either, but the gender difference does seem to be noticeable.

The position I and my interested friends have adopted is just to not talk about Bitcoin around the lady-folk.  At least until we are up by more than 100% which seems to soften the tone somewhat.  Easy enough to do these days with the rising tide floating all boats and such.

I guess maybe Bitcoin is most suitable for gay males.  Come to think of it, it was one of the things that bound Bruce and is partner together it seemed.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

DigiByte Founder

Happily married.

Once you're older and have been married for a few years to the right person, you'll look back at your earlier self and wonder why you put up with all those crazy bitches for so long.

But the crazy bitches are usually the best in bed! lol Perhaps one day I will grow out of them....
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1257
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

inb4 everybody googles it
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1257
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Keep thinking that, that's your problem if you can live with people that don't value what you like
I personally need someone that at least try to understand why I like the things I like, which clearly isn't the case here
And "Judging by the responses, I'd be surprised if" I was the only one
Activity: 561

Happily married.

Once you're older and have been married for a few years to the right person, you'll look back at your earlier self and wonder why you put up with all those crazy bitches for so long.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1021
Anyone else ended a relationship over BTC? haha

Nope, but I started earlier, because a relationship ended.

Just out of curiosity, are there even any women on this forum? lol

There are only a few, because… uhm… we don't sell shoes here?  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: