Pages:
Author

Topic: The curious case of sticky topics created by authors with negative Trust - page 2. (Read 319 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 843
How can I explain this better...? In my opinion, having a good material, but presented by someone with negative Trust is like a stain on the face of the topic or on the face of the respective board. Imagine a corrupt politician presenting a good material in front of public. If everybody knows he is corrupt, that material loses its credibility. However, in our case it also leads to losing the credibility on the respective board, since it contains sticky topics from those which are scammers or which have bad reputation, negative feedbacks, flags against them and so on.

How would it be to have a sticky topic written by CSW or Roger Ver inside Bitcoin discussion board? Would you believe anything from it? Furthermore: wouldn't you ask yourself "How was it possible to have here a sticky topic written by that clown?" -- do you understand now what I mean? Smiley
Technically it's make sense it's need to be a good people who need to representing a good content, but I think this forum doesn't that strict for having such kind rule. I've seen a lot users are having two or more personalities which you can find it easily on Bitcoin discussion or Beginner & Help where the user saying "I hate centralized exchange", but after looking at his other post you will found he's admitting he was using centralized exchange.

Personally I don't mind if the useful post was written by clown, just like how we give merit because of the good post, not the user. A good and respected user isn't a God where all of his word is true and trusted.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
I have nothing against members you mentioned in your example, but maybe it's time to check again all sticky topics and update what is needed.
It's not only issue with negative trust, but I think some topics are really outdated and others need to be deleted.

I fully agree with you here. It is, indeed, a lot of obsolete information... But this would also imply an entire campaign from administration for revamping all these topics and I am not sure if anyone would be willing to do this entire work. Instead, what I proposed was referring only to a part of the whole which needs revamping, thus being a little easier to achieve.

I don't see big issue there. If content is still good, I don't think their topics should be removed from stickies just because author of it received negative trust.
None does matter except the contents of the topic. The contents are still useful, still a good guide to report a scam accusation. So all seems good.

How can I explain this better...? In my opinion, having a good material, but presented by someone with negative Trust is like a stain on the face of the topic or on the face of the respective board. Imagine a corrupt politician presenting a good material in front of public. If everybody knows he is corrupt, that material loses its credibility. However, in our case it also leads to losing the credibility on the respective board, since it contains sticky topics from those which are scammers or which have bad reputation, negative feedbacks, flags against them and so on.

How would it be to have a sticky topic written by CSW or Roger Ver inside Bitcoin discussion board? Would you believe anything from it? Furthermore: wouldn't you ask yourself "How was it possible to have here a sticky topic written by that clown?" -- do you understand now what I mean? Smiley

Lauda also had negative trust even before he left the forum and got banned, other members found some cases when he did plagiarism in his early days, but I think we have several sticky topics from him.
Compering Lauda with escrow.ms is only viable with the feedback of their trust page. I don't think the OP was talking about only the feedback page but the whole escrow.ms thing. Lauda banned herself and wanted to disappear with her own will. If she would not decide to disappear then she would still thrive.

Lauda... is Lauda Smiley What can I say. Lauda is a different story. For one reason, she is not actually banned... I think it's more appropriate to say that her account was locked. Okay, technically speaking she was banned, but she was banned in same way Satoshi's account was banned Smiley

Done. Lauda is banned in the same way as satoshi, such that it isn't possible to even log into the account anymore.

Excepting that, some of her negative feedbacks are referring to her departure:

qwk   2020-12-01   Reference   Farewell Lauda.
Dabs   2020-11-08   Reference   Lauda said Goodbye, world! Account is no longer active.
Vod   2020-11-05   Reference   Do not trust this account should it ever post again.

The plagiarism accusation... if you remember, she was never sanctioned for it, therefore mods / theymos did not consider it plagiarism, although, maybe, it was.

I would not insist more on Lauda as I know opinions are very different from user to user. In any case, she also has some topics which contain obsolete information and they need revamping. One of them is this one: [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?.

In any case, something should be done with all these topics, either if we talk about obsolete ones or about the ones written by scammers or users with shady reputation.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
I believe that these sticky topics created by authors with negative Trust should not be sticky anymore, as they do not offer credibility to the boards they belong, to the ones which read them and to the forum as a whole. It's a situation similar to the one related to DT2 users with negative Trust. However, if that situation is difficult to be solved, this one has real chances to be solved, if there is willing about doing so.
None does matter except the contents of the topic. The contents are still useful, still a good guide to report a scam accusation. So all seems good.

Lauda also had negative trust even before he left the forum and got banned, other members found some cases when he did plagiarism in his early days, but I think we have several sticky topics from him.
Compering Lauda with escrow.ms is only viable with the feedback of their trust page. I don't think the OP was talking about only the feedback page but the whole escrow.ms thing. Lauda banned herself and wanted to disappear with her own will. If she would not decide to disappear then she would still thrive.

After rewriting their topics, should the new OP credit the original author by mentioning their names or just plagiarize them?
I like how you leave troll questions. Good for you 🤣
No, we don't need to know each others, the answer you asked me in another thread.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
After rewriting their topics, should the new OP credit the original author by mentioning their names or just plagiarize them?

Edit, curious case of Benjamin Button!😂
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
I don't see big issue there. If content is still good, I don't think their topics should be removed from stickies just because author of it received negative trust. And it would a bit strange to rewrite their topics by someone else. But there is another question - some pinned topics hasn't been updated for many years and it's obsolette now. It would be good to update it, remove or replace with new ones.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Opinions?
How about banned members with negative trust?
Some of them can be found in Beginners & Help, others in our local board, and maybe there are other stickies I didn't notice.

I have nothing against members you mentioned in your example, but maybe it's time to check again all sticky topics and update what is needed.
It's not only issue with negative trust, but I think some topics are really outdated and others need to be deleted.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
A few days ago I found, by pure chance, that the sticky topic from Scam Accusation board containing a scam accusation format was created by a user which has now a -4 Trust score: escrow.ms. Furthermore, the user has also an active flag created against him, after he was arrested for credit card fraud Oo

I thought it's a bit ironic to have a sticky topic teaching how to properly present a scam accusation and the topic to be made by someone involved in a severe scam.

Then I kept looking through the forum and I found other sticky topics which are created by authors with negative Trust:

Most likely, the list can go on, as i did not look thoroughly inside each board and child board.

I believe that these sticky topics created by authors with negative Trust should not be sticky anymore, as they do not offer credibility to the boards they belong, to the ones which read them and to the forum as a whole. It's a situation similar to the one related to DT2 users with negative Trust. However, if that situation is difficult to be solved, this one has real chances to be solved, if there is willing about doing so.

Eventually, these topics could be rewritten by someone which does not have negative Trust / bad reputation. Or simply have the author changed, if their authors are not active anymore.

Opinions?
Pages:
Jump to: