Pages:
Author

Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs - page 32. (Read 148726 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Hash is the easy part... 3 GH/s SCRYPT hanging around waiting, another 5 on the way. So all the infrastructure including servers is there.
Activity: 69
Hi guys,

I was checking around a little after Varvarin was pointing his finger here... probably I could be of some help.

Basically the codebase is 2014 which is not a big issue to get it pulled up to date in 2 steps. But what I do see are some critical hard coded issues which could be hard forked out:

- KGW: That thing is actually creating nothing but problems. It is k

That would be fantastic Smiley :)illing performance and opening the door for hoppers.
- re-target time: adding some more issues to the problem above. Miners can just collect coins until the next re-target, jump out and wait for the diff to go back down

Thing is, even if those 2 issues can be forked out, one major problem can't: The KGW part needs to stay and validate blocks during IBD. Due to the extensive calculations and well known C++ performance, blockchain downloads would remain incredibly slow...

There are some more minor issues which are creating additional work when it's ported to new standards, but that should be OK.

I've done one or two migrations from this codebase to latest standards (up to LTC 0.14.2), having mining infrastructure available and always willing to support if friends of my friends are in need ;-)

Greetz
Mike

That would be fantastic Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished
Hi guys,

I was checking around a little after Varvarin was pointing his finger here... probably I could be of some help.

Basically the codebase is 2014 which is not a big issue to get it pulled up to date in 2 steps. But what I do see are some critical hard coded issues which could be hard forked out:

- KGW: That thing is actually creating nothing but problems. It is killing performance and opening the door for hoppers.
- re-target time: adding some more issues to the problem above. Miners can just collect coins until the next re-target, jump out and wait for the diff to go back down

Thing is, even if those 2 issues can be forked out, one major problem can't: The KGW part needs to stay and validate blocks during IBD. Due to the extensive calculations and well known C++ performance, blockchain downloads would remain incredibly slow...

There are some more minor issues which are creating additional work when it's ported to new standards, but that should be OK.

I've done one or two migrations from this codebase to latest standards (up to LTC 0.14.2), having mining infrastructure available and always willing to support if friends of my friends are in need ;-)

Greetz
Mike

Hi Mike,

That codebase is as old as moldy crackers now! What you are suggesting is definitely needed. If we could solve some of those serious issues, it would help the whole project incredibly. I can only humbly ask on behalf of the community here for your help. I'm willing to offer any assistance I can provide.

Many thanks for your input.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsBJ62jSCl0

I want in! Nele & Alex are great and we go back Wink plus I need a job now.

Mike is the finest wallet dev around and legendary miner, just check out the spiffy new EMC2 Core wallet and hash rate Cheesy

The FUNK Phenomenon Time
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
Problems with wallet synchronization.
It seems like two weeks from today,

Try adding this nodes to your wallet hopefully it will help you with the syncing problem

addnode=149.202.102.73:33666
addnode=149.210.168.71:33666
addnode=192.169.6.147:33666
addnode=23.94.55.149:33666
addnode=82.200.205.30:33666
addnode=109.105.40.15:33666
addnode=104.200.67.31:33666
addnode=78.248.188.112:33666
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

you might need to restart the wallet now and again to prompt syncing
Activity: 362
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

Quote from: noizer71
Can you give me for free, just 100 funk? Thanks before.

pls re-read my post and check your wallet   Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 260
I've asked Nele and Alex to take a look at this thread, the proposed changes, and to discuss it. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them.
It's probably a good idea. It's a lot of changes so I really have to discuss it with some others, but I will let you know for sure. I'm very excited about this project, and I want to thank you very sincerely for your help.
Fantastic! Let me discuss it with Nele and Alex and we'll go from there.  Grin

Alright, let me know if SegWit is OK, that would make life easier if it is.
Fantastic! Let me discuss it with Nele and Alex and we'll go from there.  Grin
I'm a little offline for the next 3 days, then on the plane home. Maybe I can start merging it on the flight. Will do some testing first, then let me know the desired HF block and consider it done shortly.
We want to list the coin on Liqui, but before we do that we really need to update the client first.
Hi guys,

- KGW: That thing is actually creating nothing but problems. It is killing performance and opening the door for hoppers.

Greetz
Mike

Hi Mike,

That codebase is as old as moldy crackers now! What you are suggesting is definitely needed. If we could solve some of those serious issues, it would help the whole project incredibly. I can only humbly ask on behalf of the community here for your help. I'm willing to offer any assistance I can provide.

Many thanks for your input.

Hi guys,

Greetz
Mike
I guess I should try to be more clear. Simon is definitely still way too busy with ETH to focus on the Cypherfunks. He's simply given me permission to redesign the website with updated information. Nele, myself, and some other guys from GameCredits are dedicated to building a platform for Cypherfunks. That's what is happening behind the scenes presently.

Long live the FUNK!!
legendary
Here is a quick update. I've received permission from Simon (original dev) to update the website, and a platform around the Cypherfunks will be developed. I'll post more details soon!

All hail The Simon Smiley

I guess ETH was too much fun until now, we welcome you.
Here is a quick update. I've received permission from Simon (original dev) to update the website, and a platform around the Cypherfunks will be developed. I'll post more details soon!

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: