Pages:
Author

Topic: The danger of gender inequality - page 2. (Read 755 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 12
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 25, 2024, 06:13:10 AM
There is no such thing as a danger of gender discrimination it will always depend on the people of the society and an individual's perspective. Irrespective of gender caste religion shape and position the first identity of human being is human. Women will get the same rights and benefits as men deserve. Men are as human as women. Every person shall have the opportunity to freely exercise his rights. Those who could not be civilized by leaving bad mentality fail to value women as human beings.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
January 25, 2024, 02:21:04 AM
This can not be termed gender inequality, it is a matter of fitness both mentally and aswell physically. What has been making the female gender get involved into seeing it as inequality is the saying, what a man can do, a woman can also do better. That may be the worst statement to believe in, women should know their limits to certain jobs and where they are best considered fit. Go to the banks and hospitals you see more of women there because when it comes to caring and being emotional to saving lives women have all it takes. Their are certain which are best for a man and women should understand all this.
Activity: 280
Merit: 110
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 24, 2024, 05:18:41 AM
Two candidates visited my office two days ago to submit their applications for the position of a health assistant. I had the honor of taking part in the interviews with them.After the interview, the candidate did very well, but the CMD chose to hire the male candidate because of his physical strength and height as the best contender for the position.He didn't even give the female applicant a chance to demonstrate her qualifications.What do you think about this?

Everyone has their own idea of what category of employee they want to hire and I think these two guys were capable enough to work in the rest of the company if they had some rules. because of which they do not see the matters that are there, but they must learn to do them. Apart from that, if he did not keep women, but there must be a reason for that, because otherwise there are no such matters for this behind the reason.
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
January 23, 2024, 06:13:21 AM
A man is a man for reason, so also, a woman is a woman for a reason. They don't have equal abilities and so it will be wrong to equate them. A man can never be a woman and a woman can never be a man, forget about these transgender shit. It is just a mirage, deep down they know they are living under a fake identity.
So, I don't see the point trying to equate a man to a woman, let us continue to play our God given roles.
Activity: 224
Merit: 211
January 23, 2024, 05:33:22 AM
I am still surprised to hear that women are still being neglected in different countries of the world.I don't know when this gender discrimination will disappear from the world. But those who make gender discrimination in employment in office courts should keep one thing in mind now that a woman can do the same work as a man can do.

He didn't even give the female applicant a chance to demonstrate her qualifications.What do you think about this?

I think it was a wrong decision by the CMD of your company as they are both applicants. They should have given an opportunity to both the applicants to demonstrate their own qualification but instead of doing so they gave only one an opportunity to demonstrate his qualification and deemed him eligible.

Activity: 97
Merit: 4
January 23, 2024, 05:28:08 AM
For hundreds of thousands of years and men and women evolved differently because of their different function in the society. Men evolved for more hard work and things that requires stamina and women evolved more for satisfying the men and caring the children. Why do women have big breasts and curvy body? Why do men and have bigger and stronger than women? Each gender should have each role in the society. When this role is messes up expect the fall of the society is near.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
January 23, 2024, 04:56:52 AM
Two candidates visited my office two days ago to submit their applications for the position of a health assistant. I had the honor of taking part in the interviews with them.After the interview, the candidate did very well, but the CMD chose to hire the male candidate because of his physical strength and height as the best contender for the position.He didn't even give the female applicant a chance to demonstrate her qualifications.What do you think about this?

The sooner women understand the fact the we can never be equals with the men the better.

Going to apply for a job that has to do with strength? and you are in competition with a man? How do you think you would get the job. It’s better we start getting the real taste of reality and stop leaving in fantasy.

Men were created to do the strenuous work… so please when applying for a job let’s be more realistic and get a peak in to reality to avoid wasting of time.
Activity: 66
Merit: 5
January 20, 2024, 09:12:36 PM
I don't really know why people term things like this as gender inequality. If the job in question requires strength then should a woman be chose for it when a capable man is already in place. This phrase what a man can do women can do better shouldn't even exist because it has ruin alot of things considering women to handle things just fir the sake of equality.

Now here it's an individuality case and I don't see the CMD to a sentimental person because his either making the best choice the the company or his protect the brand or work from some excuses that aren't relevant in such work place.
Activity: 182
Merit: 120
Cashback 15%
January 18, 2024, 08:47:29 AM
That's how things are done in my locality and it doesn't has to be an application for a job but it has been for long and this has caused a lot of problem in today society, the fact you used job as an example doesn't necessary mean it has to do with employment only, if you observe carefully in some areas ladies don't have equal right as men do, when I mean equal right I'm referring to the things women have less privilege to do like contesting for a governorship election etc.
Although no one can really tell why things are done like that. since you made employment as a reference, if the work requires human strength then ladies should not get involved like some work need strength and if the person is not fit then there's no need for an opportunity, and you didn't mention the kind of job so I can't give any reason why the lady didn't get the job.
Activity: 154
Merit: 33
January 18, 2024, 07:51:45 AM
All nature of jobs has its criterials while considering possessions of individuals that is best fitted with the nature of the jobs.
There are nature of jobs that either requires skills, manpower or number counts including genders considerations.
You can't admit to hire an individual who doesn't posses the criterias required to execute your job or anyone who may compromise the possible achievement of your goals so, ramifications in considering quality employees is paramount to enhance and reaching your goals.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
January 17, 2024, 07:42:41 PM
What I think is that you should have asked your CMD the reason he didn't hire the female candidates for the job and not us who has no idea of the job descriptions or specifications. I think there's no gender discrepancy in that scenario. The CMD must have observed something you didn't observe, maybe you were probably looking at the buts and boobs of the female candidates.

If there girls were more qualified, they would have been hired. And if the job opening was only for male, they wouldn't have been asked to apply. When you become a CMD, you may understand better. But if you insist you want to get the community honest reactions, let's know the job specifications of that position. Did this story actually happened? Maybe a made up story as usual.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
January 17, 2024, 03:45:31 PM
You gave vague job description as health assistant but if the nature of job requires physical strength then giving the opportunity to whoever is stronger is fair thing and I am against denying anyone without even knowing what they are capable of. But this can't be taken into wider picture about the gender inequality exists around the world and the fact is Male and female has their uniqueness and certain jobs require one over others and most women choose to ignore the job even if they are capable of doing it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 538
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 17, 2024, 03:07:49 PM
There are certain jobs that best fit a male,especially when the job will be tedious and needs physical strength to get it done. The CMD has already kept that position for a male and that was why he gave it to the guy and not the lady.

If it is a secretary job,do you think that he will give it to the guy,I doubt that. So don't see it as gender inequality. Since you where also part of the interview, why after the guy has been given the job,you didn't ask the CMD what happened that made him not give the lady the chance to prove herself. Maybe,you would have learnt from him because there must be a reason for it.
That is the truth, there are some jobs that are masculine and feminine in nature but we are not always allowed to post gender specifity in jobs. It appears like some kinds of description.
Talking about your idea that there are some jobs that needs gender segregation. When you go to banks they use more of women in the counter with their sweet and light voice to take your money from you. Man's voice might sound deep and somehow scary Grin

When it comes to professionalism, I don't think we should apply gender discrimination here because it is a must that we must apply it to find the suitability of the role we are in need of a particular gender, you can't expect a man to put in for a role of a nurse when this has to deal with women experienced in the specific role needed, same also as men, but when it comes to the giving of equal rights, everyone should be treated equally by the virtue of whom they are as accordingly, when we are being partial about this with injustice, our conscience alone talks alot about that on us.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 209
January 16, 2024, 08:23:28 PM
This gender discrimination is seen everywhere in any kind of workforce

Please enlighten me how does height is considered when employing a health assistant? As for physical strength, I guess one would need it in case they need to carry a patient regardless whether the candidate can do it she still should have been given the chance to show it

Activity: 364
Merit: 220
January 16, 2024, 03:01:45 AM
The job was not for her, that is why she did not get it. The CMD already had a preference in males for the position as some employers do also for some job openings, and on the condition that no males where found qualified for the position, he would have had to hire the lady the lady qualified and not go ahead to employ an unqualified male. If he had employed an unqualified male for the position when there was a qualified female, that would have been where I have an issue. Preference is what got the male the job.

I think that it would be dumb for employers who wants the progress of their companies to employ applicants based on gender preference alone, it must be that the preferred gender will enhance productivities and add value to the companies. So in the OP naretive I believe that the employers must feel that the job will best suit a male applicant, if not they'll be doing their company a diservice. My point is that as far as private sector work goes, I doubt that any reasonable company will employ based on gender inequality, it has to be the gender that'll be more productive for them. The public sector is a different ball game, they can employ based on sentiments and it could be either of the genders.

Generally I think that the issue of gender equality is been addressed because we can now see women that are holding top positions both in the public and private sectors, something that was solely for the male gender before.
Activity: 105
Merit: 9
January 15, 2024, 04:40:44 PM
Gender inequality in the society can be seen in the church,at home,at school where a gender is preferred over another.In this case,the girl has a chance of trying because she was qualified and her physical appearance doesn't matter that much because it is said that what a man can do a woman can do more better.For example in most Africa countries the girls are not privileged to be educated due to gender norms,only the male children are allowed to be educated.In a situation like this the girls are deprived from receiving education in any form.Gender inequality restrict a gender from being valued, recognized and respected.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
August 30, 2023, 01:15:56 PM
^^^ All you are saying is that everybody who is applying for a job, must apply for ALL OF THE JOBS. And he/she must hire on to every job that accepts his/her application. No discrimination.

An employer gets 500 applications for a job he is hiring for. One job available, 500 apps. So, hire them all and let each one work 57.6 seconds of each 8-hour day.

Wouldn't freedom for the employer be better?

Cool
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
August 30, 2023, 01:48:10 AM
The word discrimination is used only for women in today's society, but actually discrimination should mean both men and women as women are discriminated in one way or another as well as men in one way or another.Discrimination victim We say women and men are equal in employment, in fact women and men can never be equal. Women should be given jobs for women and men should be given jobs for men.Because men and women form a family, women have a special advantage where men can't do anything. Men also have some Indians who can't do anything. They may be equal in terms of rights.I don't see any logical reason why women should be given more priority in work or jobs, because in a society if a man gets a job his whole family can run well under him but one.Every time a woman gets something good or a job she acts aggressively and abuses men and men always try to put society down, and they always try to stay down, but actually it is society.Therefore, according to Begum Rokeya, it is better for women to live as half-breeds. Women should stay at home, work at home and help men in various tasks. Men should help them and make them work hard.There are many jobs in our society where strength is required, women will never be able to do them, but they are the ones who say in the society that they don't get equal rights, they don't get equal work, can they actually do it? I am a woman Not speaking against women who should be where they need to be, like wildings in forests beautiful babies in mother's arms Maybe many women can do many stressful jobs, but many men can't, but it is not right to give equal rights to all women race with one or two examples. Men are always more powerful and creative. We have created them as strong so that any movement or any discrimination can be solved by talking to women or talking about equality.I will never say that we need equality between men and women. I will say that we should give and respect and give them dignity and men should have their own rights and dignity.Being aware of work and showing respect to women and valuing their work will not be a discrimination Many interviews ask for beautiful women and don't ask for black or ugly guys. Beauty should never be a criterion for eligibility. Most of the interviews are about girls.Because the girls are beautiful, and they will give good service, it is believed that the work should be Not selected We should create an environment where men and women can live in peaceful co-existence and live according to their dignity and the word discrimination should not be used as it is artificial. Some masculine some feminine People people are creating this word and moving the society in a different direction Finally I can say we are all above all each we are next and everything in this world is half women there is no place for discrimination the word discrimination must not be used.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
August 29, 2023, 02:24:17 PM
There are certain jobs that best fit a male,especially when the job will be tedious and needs physical strength to get it done. The CMD has already kept that position for a male and that was why he gave it to the guy and not the lady.

If it is a secretary job,do you think that he will give it to the guy,I doubt that. So don't see it as gender inequality. Since you where also part of the interview, why after the guy has been given the job,you didn't ask the CMD what happened that made him not give the lady the chance to prove herself. Maybe,you would have learnt from him because there must be a reason for it.
That is the truth, there are some jobs that are masculine and feminine in nature but we are not always allowed to post gender specifity in jobs. It appears like some kinds of description.
Talking about your idea that there are some jobs that needs gender segregation. When you go to banks they use more of women in the counter with their sweet and light voice to take your money from you. Man's voice might sound deep and somehow scary Grin
Activity: 97
Merit: 4
August 29, 2023, 06:39:14 AM
Common sense should prevail. But it became endangered in the land of the Free.
Pages:
Jump to: