Pages:
Author

Topic: The financial markets are starting to crash, abandon the fiat titanic - page 2. (Read 7763 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator
They'll say "no one could have predicted it" too, like they did after 2008. It's all bullshit and propaganda. I don't know how bad it will get but what I do know is we won't get the facts on the news. Just like it happened in 1929 and in every other market crash: they'll all deny the facts for quite a while. Kicking the can down the road after 2008 was incredibly risky and foolish and soon it will be the time to face the consequences of multiple rounds of QE and other financial trickery that in trying to postpone the inevitable, will make it worse.
So hands up all those that predicted a rise in Bitcoin price when/if the markets started to fall?
I would predict this, but it frequently follows the stock market. I can't think of any reason why? It makes more sense to run counter to the market, like gold. Whats with that?
It makes sense to follow risk trends. Bitcoin is a risky asset, like emerging market stocks but even worse. When there's a flight to safety in full risk aversion -we're on the verge of that right now- all the risky crap gets dumped and people buy treasury bonds, gold and so on. In a risk-off environment, there is no way some speculation-fueled asset like Bitcoin would thrive. Unless there's the rare circumstance in which you need bitcoin to circumvent capital controls (remember Cyprus?), so don't expect bitcoin to rally wildly unless (until?) there's mass defaults and bail-ins.
KJO
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
So hands up all those that predicted a rise in Bitcoin price when/if the markets started to fall?

The fall hasn't even begun yet genius. DJIA below 15K.....no support until 12.5K and it WILL retest. PPT is running out of ammo.

What u are doing is calling game set match in the 1st quarter. Sit your ass down and enjoy whats coming. When it gets here, then you can ask your question again.

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
^No, Robert.
If he has seen any value in what you had, he would dismount that ghastly motor scooter, and proceed to purposefully and repeatedly place his foot into positive and constructive contact with your face, until such negotiations netted him a more favorable deal.
Activity: 448
I hope the stock market crashes... For the lulz
The aftermath won't be funny, even if you're not directly exposed.

No one said it would be pretty, and it's not a matter of if - but when.
Bring the reset on. 

We can fester and mire around, dragging it out some more, or reboot and start rebuilding.
The sooner the better, IMO.

You realize that folks like you will prob'ly be the first to go, right?
"Gentlemen, I'll reward you handsomely with my bitcoin in exchange for your scrumptious can of spam.  Let us retire to some quaint bistro with public wifi, and indulge in decaf soy frappuccinos while we wait an hour for the six confirms."

there is no need for any confirmations for a can of spam, the transaction value is low enough, if you double spend you won't be buying from him again.

The gentleman riding bitch doesn't trust you Undecided

if im paying double he'll trust me.

Bring the reset on. 

We can fester and mire around, dragging it out some more, or reboot and start rebuilding.

"Gentlemen, I'll reward you handsomely with my bitcoin in exchange for your scrumptious can of spam.  Let us retire to some quaint bistro with public wifi, and indulge in decaf soy frappuccinos while we wait an hour for the six confirms."

there is no need for any confirmations for a can of spam, the transaction value is low enough, if you double spend you won't be buying from him again.

The gentleman riding bitch doesn't trust you Undecided

Bring the reset on. 

Bring the reset on. 

legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

Bring the reset on. 

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I would predict this, but it frequently follows the stock market. I can't think of any reason why? It makes more sense to run counter to the market, like gold. Whats with that?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Food... one should always "invest" in food.

there will be plenty of food, you just won't be able to buy it with fiat paper.
the food company isn't going anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Food... one should always "invest" in food.
Activity: 316
Pages:
Jump to: