Pages:
Author

Topic: The financial markets are starting to crash, abandon the fiat titanic - page 6. (Read 7763 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Looking forward to seeing how bitcoin market does on a stock market crash.

The debt ceiling drama is coming this March, after they postponed it last year. So there should be some good ingredients for a nice panic stew.

Bitcoin is not money nor a store of value.

Even if Bitcoin goes to $10'000, it will only ever be a means of making payment (in fiat currencies).

If the markets collapse then Bitcoin goes down with it. It's that simple.

I trade Bitcoin, Robert.  I don't touch gold.
You are a wayward sheep, not a lion.  Now get back to the heard before you get run over by some passing 18-wheeler.
And thank your lucky stars that our Beneficent Reptilian Overlords like lamb chops Smiley

Robert Paulson is indeed a fucking halfwit. Regurgitating the 'Crusoe' Austrian economics that many Bitcoiners inherited from the precious metals retail snake oil salesmen circa 2011.

However......I have a sneaky feeling about gold. I don't mean tomorrow, next week, or even next year. But going right out into the future, when the music stops once again on the global economy and the governments of the world are found to be insolvent as a result of the 'bail out bubble', then we might see a major shift in the global monetary reality back over to real tangible wealth.

Bitcoin is not tangible wealth. Bitcoin is less tangible wealth than any fiat currency which at least has the might of a sovereign power behind it.

Gold is tangible wealth. And there is probably a good reason why none of the world's central banks have the gold that they say they do.

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
just keep on walking with the rest of the sheep to your financial slaughtering.

Robert Paulson, straying from the heard doesn't make you a lion.
You're still a sheep, albeit a maladjusted one.  With a substantially lower life expectancy Undecided

you are dead wrong.
if you exit paper assets right now and buy into gold/bitcoin when all the other fools still believe the papers are going to make it you are the father of all lions.

I trade Bitcoin, Robert.  I don't touch gold.
You are a wayward sheep, not a lion.  Now get back to the heard before you get run over by some passing 18-wheeler.
And thank your lucky stars that our Beneficent Reptilian Overlords like lamb chops Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
You sir are a nutcase

Says the man with a post count of 3.

Post count is no indicator of the value of an opinion.

If you really believe so then my opinion is two and a half times more valid than yours.

No, post count doesn't indicate value but it does make one think that perhaps one just created a new account just to troll for fun. Experience, and how early you know about bitcoin and the foremost 'go to' bitcoin forum can show whether one should be taken seriously or one should be ignored for sake of trolling. A forumer with 1000 post count has been around far more than a forumer with 1 post count and that itself is already value in terms of commitment and contribution to the forum, whether right or wrong.
Activity: 448

You're still a sheep, albeit a maladjusted one.  With a substantially lower life expectancy Undecided

you are dead wrong.
if you exit paper assets right now and buy into gold/bitcoin when all the other fools still believe the papers are going to make it you are the father of all lions.
There are a lot of pretty graphs on this thread but can anyone say if this bubble will crash in the next minute or the next decade?

it will crash before the end of 2015.
the fed actually believes it can stop QE this month and increase rates in the first half of 2015, otherwise there would be no taper to begin with.
the reason the markets are starting to meltdown is because no one wants to be left holding the bag on stocks when the rates go up, which is why everyone are starting to rush towards the exits right now in an attempt to be the first out.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
There are a lot of pretty graphs on this thread but can anyone say if this bubble will crash in the next minute or the next decade?

it couldn't happen here right?

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/BASE

The debt ceiling drama is coming this March, after they postponed it last year. So there should be some good ingredients for a nice panic stew.

I want to believe that money will flood into Bitcoin but I suspect it'll be a small bump from people who are already Bitcoin bulls.

People who haven't heard of Bitcoin nor understand it won't rush from what they believe to be a low-risk, low-volatility holding to a high risk, high volatility instrument.

when the prices in the grocery shop double every month there will not be much choice, its either the inconvenience of storing gold at home, or the convenience of remembering a 12 words electrum seed.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

Lol, why wait?  Enjoy the hysteria in the Bitcoin market nao Smiley

I want to believe that money will flood into Bitcoin but I suspect it'll be a small bump from people who are already Bitcoin bulls.

People who haven't heard of Bitcoin nor understand it won't rush from what they believe to be a low-risk, low-volatility holding to a high risk, high volatility instrument.

Maybe if COIN gets approved, some people who would otherwise be exiting the market may use bitcoin as a hedge
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
From those charts it is fairly obvious that a dip is coming and a large one at that. I wouldn't really start worrying until the pullback dips below the long term upward trend(i.e. breaking the long upward trend ~1.2k or so). At that point I would say it is officially okay to don our tinfoil hats and scream about bitcoin in the streets.

Lol, why wait?  Enjoy the hysteria in the Bitcoin market nao Smiley
You sir are a nutcase

Says the man with a post count of 3.

Post count is no indicator of the value of an opinion.

If you really believe so then my opinion is two and a half times more valid than yours.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

Lol, another brainiac beat you to it, with a slightly different twist:

Scientist Predicts 60% Market Collapse

Chris Martenson is a world-renowned expert on identifying dangerous, yet hidden, exponential growth patterns in global economies, energy demand, and food consumption...

And he is predicting a 60% stock market collapse will strike in the next three months.

Martenson’s opinion isn’t to be taken lightly, as his research is highly regarded by the United Nations, UK Parliament, and Fortune 500 companies.

His shocking forecast is based on a new alarming pattern he’s identified — he’s calling it “a dreaded triple top” (pictured below).

I think this gonna be the much needed boost for bitcoin in the comming months.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

do as you wish, i did my best to warn you.
the market bubble is about to burst in full force, thats the final stage before the fed starts the mother of all QE which will send the usd into hyperinflation.
Lol,

Keep trolling Cheesy
Activity: 1106
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
its declining because the fed is stopping qe and says its going to increase rates, everyone knows the markets can't stay at these levels if the fed stops printing money.
everyone are starting to dump stocks and sooner or later the fed will have to start an even bigger dose of qe printing which will send the usd into hyperinflation.
now is the time to dump fiat, before everyone else starts running towards the exit.

These arguments were thrown around after QE1 & 2 and the dollar is still around... The feds are not going to crash the system at least until this presidential cycle is over (2016-2017).
Pages:
Jump to: