Pages:
Author

Topic: The FinderOuter, a bitcoin recovery tool (v0.16.0 2022-09-19) - page 2. (Read 3882 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 14
Hi there, please let me know the commands required to install on Ubuntu/Debian OS after unzip, from Finderouter-master folder. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1039
Merit: 2783
Bitcoin and C♯ Enthusiast
It's been a rough couple of months but I finally managed to release the next version.

Version 0.16.0 is released.
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/FinderOuter/releases/tag/v0.16.0.0
  • Moving ECC to Bitcoin.Net (more tested and optimized)
  • Introduce search space for BIP38 password recovery option
  • Add a new option to open a file containing list of words to be used in the passphrase
  • Fix checking inputs with no missing characters
  • Many improvements in different recovery options
  • Some additional tests, bug fixes, code and UI improvements

The process is same as search spaces for missing characters. You fill the text boxes and then click the Start button to instantiate the arrays. After that, all it takes is adding characters or words for each item in the passphrase. For example if you have 3 word passphrase and you think the second word can be "was", "is", "Is" or a symbol like "!" or "@" is set like this:

There is also an Open button (far right side) that can be used to read a .txt file containing a list of possible items in the passphrase (one item per line) that can be a word, a symbol or a full sentence. This list can be used by the Add all button.

As before, FinderOuter is still using CPU only and brute forcing BIP38 is extremely slow this way.
legendary
I just noticed FinderOuter crashes when I search for Missing Base58 and enter a complete private key (52 characters, starting with L).
When I change the last character into a *, it works and gives 4 different address formats.
Thanks for reporting this bug.
The recent SearchSpace feature introduced some bugs, inputs with no missing items is among them. I've already fixed and pushed the changes to the repository but haven't published the new binaries yet.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I just noticed FinderOuter crashes when I search for Missing Base58 and enter a complete private key (52 characters, starting with L).
When I change the last character into a *, it works and gives 4 different address formats.
legendary
Version 0.15.0 is released.
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/FinderOuter/releases/tag/v0.15.0.0
  • Added search space option for Base58, Base16, mini-privatekey and mnemonic recovery options
  • Some code improvements and tests

This release comes with a brand new feature to let you decrease the number of permutations. Lets say you have a mnemonic missing two words and you know the first word starts with letters "th".
All you have to do is expand the Advanced option and click start so that FinderOuter can perform an initial analysis on your inputs and prepares the requires lists. Then enter letters "th" in the textbox and choose "Words starting with" button. As you can see in the screenshot below the list is automatically filled with any words from the selected wordlist that start with "th". You can also see the total number of items in your list.
You can continue adding or removing items from this list until you are satisfied with the list and move on to the next missing item by clicking the next button ('>').
Repeat the same and when you are done setting all items click Find.
legendary
Version 0.14.0 is released.
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/FinderOuter/releases/tag/v0.14.0.0
  • Added the EC mult encryption mode to BIP38 password recovery option
  • KnowledgeBase is slightly improved
  • Old ECC code is removed
  • General code improvements and cleanup
  • Some small optimization
  • Small UI improvements
legendary
Version 0.13.0 is released.
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/FinderOuter/releases/tag/v0.13.0.0
  • New recovery option: recovering BIP38 passwords
  • Passwords can now include space
  • Password recovery options (BIP38 and BIP39) can now accept a custom set of characters
  • Base58 recovery of WIFs with unknown missing char position updates progress bar now
  • Small bug fix, optimization and tests

A new RoadMap is also added to show what the plans are for the future. It will be updated on GitHub:
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/FinderOuter/issues/47
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I wanted to ask what character can be substituted for *. i want to try matching only uppercase and lowercase letters. is there such a possibility?
And another question I have a privatkey in it, 9 characters are lost at the beginning. After the number 5. I tried to shorten the search options. and tried to substitute other symbols for example 5KoR ******* and the search did not give any result at all. there are suspicions that not all symbols can be in places 3 and 4.

Of course not.
The range is
Code:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEBAAEDCE6AF48A03BBFD25E8CD0364140
which produces range of WIF (uncompressed):
Code:
5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsreAnchuDf
5Km2kuu7vtFDPpxywn4u3NLpbr5jKpTB3jsuDU2KYEqetqj84qw

5Ko... is above the range.

By the way - I invite you check also my program https://github.com/PawelGorny/WifSolver/ Maybe it will help you.
But, as you said you have 9 characters missing (so WIF as I understand looks like 5?HuhHuh??xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) I think it is solvable.
It could be also solved by converting your problem to another program. And additionally if you have public key (if you know address and it has outgoing transaction) could be solved in minutes ;-)

Regards,

Send email to you
Thanks for answers. I will wait for the possibility of GPU matching.
unfortunately there were no outgoing transactions. the address is known. But there is no certainty.
legendary
Can you add a decryption tool for wallets like: Electrum, Bitcoin Core etc... ?
That would be very nice. Example: I have 0.0015... BTC locked on a wallet and i can't remember what
software i used.
Wallet file encryption is a bit complicated and I haven't been able to find a good documentation I could use to implement it. So although it is in my todo list I'm not sure when I can actually implement it specially nowadays that I'm very busy, sadly.
Activity: 2
Can you add a decryption tool for wallets like: Electrum, Bitcoin Core etc... ?
That would be very nice. Example: I have 0.0015... BTC locked on a wallet and i can't remember what
software i used.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
I wanted to ask what character can be substituted for *. i want to try matching only uppercase and lowercase letters. is there such a possibility?
And another question I have a privatkey in it, 9 characters are lost at the beginning. After the number 5. I tried to shorten the search options. and tried to substitute other symbols for example 5KoR ******* and the search did not give any result at all. there are suspicions that not all symbols can be in places 3 and 4.

Of course not.
The range is
Code:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEBAAEDCE6AF48A03BBFD25E8CD0364140
which produces range of WIF (uncompressed):
Code:
5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsreAnchuDf
5Km2kuu7vtFDPpxywn4u3NLpbr5jKpTB3jsuDU2KYEqetqj84qw

5Ko... is above the range.

By the way - I invite you check also my program https://github.com/PawelGorny/WifSolver/ Maybe it will help you.
But, as you said you have 9 characters missing (so WIF as I understand looks like 5?HuhHuh??xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) I think it is solvable.
It could be also solved by converting your problem to another program. And additionally if you have public key (if you know address and it has outgoing transaction) could be solved in minutes ;-)

Regards,
legendary
I wanted to ask what character can be substituted for *.
It doesn't matter but if you hold your mouse over the textbox you will see a popup showing what characters are accepted. This character will only be used to indicate the missing position and nothing else.

i want to try matching only uppercase and lowercase letters. is there such a possibility?
Unfortunately no.

The problem could be in existing characters but as far as the start goes the uncompressed keys start with 5H, 5J or 5K but the rest can be anything.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Is it possible to pause the program when it runs?
I use VirtualBox (in my case for StellarCracker). It probably reduces performance a bit, but allows me to Pause the entire VM. Alternatively, I can adjust the VM's Processor Execution Cap to a lower percentage when needed.
But that's for next time, it won't help you now.

The only thing I can do is to turn off a couple of cores in Task Manager to make the computer respond again, but the program still lags
Can you adjust the priority? "Idle" seems perfect for cracking.
Activity: 4
Merit: 8
Hi!
Is it possible to pause the program when it runs?
I have entered a Base58 WIF address where 8 characters are missing in the middle and now the computer runs on all 8 kernels with 100% CPU, which makes the computer almost unusable.
The progress bar at the bottom stays at 0% and is not moving.
The only thing I can do is to turn off a couple of cores in Task Manager to make the computer respond again, but the program still lags and I can't copy the already solved keys that are in the bottom text box as the program does not response.
I do not want to shut down the program because I will lose the keys generated over the past 24 hours.

Thanks in advance
Willy
legendary
Version 0.11.0 is released.
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/FinderOuter/releases/tag/v0.11.0.0
See changelog for details.
  • All hash algorithms are static and their arrays are allocated on the stack
  • Added more hard-coded derivation paths for BIP-32 path recovery option
  • Base58 algorithm for WIFs is reworked to increase the recovery speed up to 2.5x
  • Two new special cases are added to WIF recovery for missing 1 and 2 characters at unknown locations
  • Some code cleanup and additional tests
Version 0.12.0 is released.
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/FinderOuter/releases/tag/v0.12.0.0
  • New recovery option: recovering mnemonic (BIP39, Electrum) passphrase
  • Report is improved to handle timer, progress and give a more accurate key/sec speed
  • Mnemonic recovery option will return a better report when the input is not missing any words
  • Small bug fix, code improvement and some tests
Version 0.12.1 is released.
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/FinderOuter/releases/tag/v0.12.1.0
This is a small bug fix in Missing mnemonic pass option where the first character of the founds passphrase weren't included in the final report.
legendary
Version 0.10.0 is released.
https://github.com/Coding-Enthusiast/FinderOuter/releases/tag/v0.10.0.0
BigInteger Be Gone!
This release introduced a new code for Elliptic Curve Cryptography that also solves issue #9. 
Effectively this brings a ton of optimization to almost all options, mainly the mnemonic recovery and
Base16 rcovery. But also any option that required an ICompareService that used ECC. 
By getting rid of the old ECC code and BigInteger this also solves the pressure on garbage collector
and lets FinderOuter utilize the entire CPU power during parallelism. 
Speed gain in this release is usually around 200% compared to previous releases. 
Good news is that this is the initial step for more optimization! For example the current ECC implementation
uses radix 226 and contstant time operations, changing to radix 252 and using variable time operations, etc
will improve the speed more. 

Some additional changes:
  • Path recovery can now accept any extended keys (xprv, ypub, zprv, ?pub, ...)
  • It is now possible to recover a WIF missing up to 11 characters from the end
  • Reports generated by MissingEncoding option are improved
  • Various code improvements and tests
  • From this version we are also releasing binaries for 3 operating systems (Linux, Windows and MacOs all x64)
legendary
I am getting the following error when loading FinderOuter in VS2019:

Code:
error  : The project file cannot be opened. Unable to locate the .NET SDK. Check that it is installed and that the version specified in global.json (if any) matches the installed version.

I'm clueless, because I already have .NET SDK and tools installed. Any ideas?
This is a Visual Studio related problem. Refer to SO: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65209536/microsoft-visual-studio-2019-the-project-file-cannot-be-opened-unable-to-locat
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
I am getting the following error when loading FinderOuter in VS2019:

Code:
error  : The project file cannot be opened. Unable to locate the .NET SDK. Check that it is installed and that the version specified in global.json (if any) matches the installed version.

I'm clueless, because I already have .NET SDK and tools installed. Any ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: