Pages:
Author

Topic: The function of religion ? - page 7. (Read 18646 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
February 11, 2018, 10:27:40 AM
The function of religion is making money on people who still can't understand this... i wonder how many people still bringing everything they have to curch.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
February 11, 2018, 09:47:42 AM
Religion now a days have become too conscious point of diacission.Each and every religion have there own faith in their god and have different different beliefs towards their god.
Activity: 138
February 11, 2018, 08:53:27 AM
The function of religion  is to know on how to worship the true God and the teaching. We have freedom to believe between God`s laws and Human's laws. But much better
to research the truth about holy book, science book and etc... for the info.
Activity: 336
February 11, 2018, 08:22:02 AM
 I think religion means that right guidelines of humans life. There are many kinds of religion in the world like's Islam,Hindu etc. And every man's has different religion.Every religion's has different rules.Religion rules is so much important for every religion's people.so religion so much important for humans life.
Activity: 79
February 11, 2018, 02:49:00 AM
religion is a force that greatly influences the attitude of human life individually and socially. The religion is the relation of man to the pure power, where the holy power is higher than the existence of man. "That religion is not only theoretical doctrine, formulate faith and direct the behavior of the faithful but there are also norms and rules, orders, and restrictions relating to the ethics and morals of society.
Activity: 61
February 10, 2018, 01:29:08 PM
the function of religion is the system that regulates the faith (belief) and worship to God Almighty as well as the grammar rules associated with the association.
Activity: 110
Merit: 4
February 10, 2018, 01:25:58 PM
Religion help us to stay in a good way of life. It guides us to be a better version of ourself.
Activity: 84
February 10, 2018, 11:30:56 AM
Religion is the believe in God and worship
Religion makes people to live under a definite principle that is of what is generally acceptable
Religion help us to live know who we serve and how we are created
Religion help us from the bondage of captivity and gives us eternal life
Activity: 4
February 10, 2018, 11:24:13 AM
functions of religion are as follows:
1. Religion as an Integrative Force
 2. Creating a Moral Community
 3. Religion as Social Control
4. Provides Rites of Passage
5. Religion as Emotional Support
 6. Religion Serves a Means to Provide Answers to Ultimate Questions
7. Religion as a Source of Identity
 8. Legitimating Function of Religion
9. Psychologizing Religion
10. Religion Acts as Psychotherapy
 11. Religion as an Agent of Social Change
 12. Religion as an Agent of De-politicization
13. Religion Controls Sexuality.

Religion is a cultural universal because it fulfills several basic functions within human societies. It is a basic requirement of group life.
Activity: 41
February 10, 2018, 10:21:07 AM
I do believe that the religion is one of the most important things to do in our lives because religion can give us guidance and specially when it comes to decission making.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
February 10, 2018, 10:15:11 AM
BTW, about Christianity. Jesus was not a Christian, he walked from city to city to teach people not to fight each other but focus on the real roman oppressors and the corruption in the Jewish community and priesthood.

John was worse, he roamed the streets of Rome starting riots burning roman shops down and attacking soldiers, and was also thrown in jail.

Just think of the early sixties and the Black Panthers, same thing.

Paulus started Christianity 75 years after Jesus's dead and formalized it some. It grew by being under the radar networking at secret meetings (oldskool P2P). When Rome, after some 250 years, discovered how massive it was, they assimilated it building churches for them and inventing bishops on the payroll. You can say that the Chatolic church today is a fusion of the Roman empire and the forces that threatened to overthrow it.

So government has known for a long time how to keep religious grass rots on a leash, but it does'nt foil the message to me. I'm no sheep.

cheres

Religion do exists due to marriage vow. It has a big implications whether you decide your own religion. If one did not give away or if your parents are undecisive of your religion that is a big impact for you to discontinue relationship.
Activity: 280
February 10, 2018, 10:04:39 AM
Religion is a good way to know who we serve
It help us to have faith in our creator
Religion help us to know what is good and right to do at different time
It help us to love more and forgive more
Activity: 144
February 10, 2018, 08:09:49 AM
Religion can lead you to good way to you to know what god do in her life just to sustain our good life, He gave her only child just to save us tou our sin. So be thankful because god is always there for us.
Activity: 126
February 10, 2018, 07:46:46 AM
Religion enable us to know God and have faith to hoim. I guess the function of religion is it teaches us the good things to do, why are we gonna do that and how to do that. Simple but important things to be wholeheartedly obey. Another is, it strengthen our faith and believe in god. Our spiritual life will be better and better. Our social life also get better because you will have more and more friends because of religion. Being a member of a religious groups holds big and heavy responsibilities and obligations.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
February 10, 2018, 06:24:04 AM
Hey Herodes,

I just made some comments on your thread. Even though it is pretty late, I hope it helps. Please feel free to reach out if you have more questions.

If religion was all about love to your God, and it was all a mental thing, there would be no need for churches, and all accessories that goes with a religion.
Depends on what religion you talk about. If you talk about the Christian faith, then it is all about the love God has for us and all we as followers do is a response to that.

It's sad that a God-fearing man goes regularily to church to get closer to his maker. He could've been just as close to his God in his couch at home.
If you are talking about Christians then the maker is already inside of them. Yes, they could have just been on the sofa but there is something special of worshipping and mingling with other believers that you cannot do at home.

I think it's rather sad that in 2012, so many people put their belief in something that doesn't exist. You may pray, and you may feel that your prayers were heard,
and things turn for the better in your life, but most of the time, the prayers are futile, and the only one that can change anything in your life is yourself.
That is your belief that God does not exist. Why not put it to the test and pray yourself to Jesus if he is real. He will surely answer your prayer.

Will the earth ever come to a point where people are so educated that they understand that science is the only true answer, and that everything else is fairytales ?
Science will never tell you about purpose in life and what will happen with your soul after you died.

As much as I respect any Christian or any devoted religious person from any other religion (I may think his belief is a joke, but I would never say it to his face to force a confrontation in disrespect), I don't think any religions should have any special protection under the law.
Agree, every human should be treated equal and have the rights to express his/her worldview.

As an atheist, I don't think your religion defines whether you're a good person or not, that's more down to the person itself, and the values you've been taught in your upbringing, and what you've learned through your education.
Based on the bible no person on this planet can get to God because we are all not “holy”. But thankfully he sent Jesus to reconcile us with him.

How do you know your religion is the real one? There are plenty of religions out there and all their followers claim they have seen their respective gods. You only believe in what you believe because you were taught that way not because there is compelling evidence for it. That's the problem with belief and faith, faith is not a good way to find out the truth.
Activity: 226
Merit: 103
February 10, 2018, 02:02:44 AM
I believe the function of religion is to set out a standard of what ishould be morally accepted and not. It serves as a norm of mankind. But, judging by what's happening these days, they use religion as a reason on why there is war or there is a  issue between countries. That's why it is sad.
Activity: 7
February 09, 2018, 05:44:54 PM
Hey Herodes,

I just made some comments on your thread. Even though it is pretty late, I hope it helps. Please feel free to reach out if you have more questions.

If religion was all about love to your God, and it was all a mental thing, there would be no need for churches, and all accessories that goes with a religion.
Depends on what religion you talk about. If you talk about the Christian faith, then it is all about the love God has for us and all we as followers do is a response to that.

It's sad that a God-fearing man goes regularily to church to get closer to his maker. He could've been just as close to his God in his couch at home.
If you are talking about Christians then the maker is already inside of them. Yes, they could have just been on the sofa but there is something special of worshipping and mingling with other believers that you cannot do at home.

I think it's rather sad that in 2012, so many people put their belief in something that doesn't exist. You may pray, and you may feel that your prayers were heard,
and things turn for the better in your life, but most of the time, the prayers are futile, and the only one that can change anything in your life is yourself.
That is your belief that God does not exist. Why not put it to the test and pray yourself to Jesus if he is real. He will surely answer your prayer.

Will the earth ever come to a point where people are so educated that they understand that science is the only true answer, and that everything else is fairytales ?
Science will never tell you about purpose in life and what will happen with your soul after you died.

As much as I respect any Christian or any devoted religious person from any other religion (I may think his belief is a joke, but I would never say it to his face to force a confrontation in disrespect), I don't think any religions should have any special protection under the law.
Agree, every human should be treated equal and have the rights to express his/her worldview.

As an atheist, I don't think your religion defines whether you're a good person or not, that's more down to the person itself, and the values you've been taught in your upbringing, and what you've learned through your education.
Based on the bible no person on this planet can get to God because we are all not “holy”. But thankfully he sent Jesus to reconcile us with him.
Activity: 116
February 09, 2018, 10:04:35 AM
In our earth, We have an Different religion, but what ever happens their is one that must give an love and trust, that is God.
Activity: 26
February 09, 2018, 02:43:13 AM
To unite people into groups even though we are in different of religion. The important thing is that we don't act recklessly in our society because of the religion that we keep in our mentality.
Activity: 414
Merit: 10
February 08, 2018, 08:34:08 PM
Religion is a guideline of human life in living a life in a world that can give guidance to his people to know the right and wrong actions, good and bad.Religion is used to regulate the relationship between its people and God also regulates human relationships with others. In this case there is guidance of love, helping with sincerity, living in harmony, contributing to the burden for the weak, and fostering relationships with others in harmony.
Pages:
Jump to: