Pages:
Author

Topic: The function of religion ? - page 9. (Read 18646 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
January 14, 2018, 11:25:56 AM
-brings society together
-unifies people with common set of values that promotes a sense a community and positive social behaviors
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 11:08:19 AM
 I do not believe in anything else but Christ.
Activity: 18
January 14, 2018, 09:40:19 AM
In the world there are lot of religions can be found. according to my knowledge, all religions have unique set of rules and regulations if not some may contains a set of things what people should do and should not do as just a way to live but not as a rule, some may contains strict set of rules what people must do. Finally these all religions are showing a way to live as a good person in the society. It build up the qualities and the good habits of people. Hence religions are doing an adorable job by creating good people to the society.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
January 14, 2018, 08:27:56 AM
The movie never existed.  The riots are false flag attacks to prepare the public for the coming Iran invasion.

Also, aliens.
This discussion is so sensitive to everyone. But for me function of religion is to know GOD even we are different religion but ONE GOD that we know. Just believe him and trust him.
Activity: 46
January 14, 2018, 08:13:06 AM
I believe that religion, still there are no functions in a person's life, it is more a person's choice, how he wants to live and by what rules.
Activity: 16
January 14, 2018, 07:04:00 AM
1. Religion is the "refuge" for human beings to avoid the ultimate destruction of "inevitable arrival".
2. Religion is a mechanism in the evolution of human ethics.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
January 14, 2018, 05:23:30 AM
Religion has a big big contribution when it comes to corruption, confusion and also division ,the root of war. So that was how the religion is working in the society from the history. And even until now, but there is also good in the religion like helping the poor, teaching the right manner and teaching about the existence of God. These things for me is the good thing about religion.
Activity: 196
January 14, 2018, 05:16:36 AM
Country without government is abolished at all. Law is published to control and limit people not to act beyond against the law. Religion makes its purpose to people's lives. Giving hope and purpose in live views. Without religion I think there is no identification of good and evil. Bad and good. Religion function is vital that can leads people to a meaningful existence.
Activity: 168
January 14, 2018, 04:42:13 AM
I guess that in the past the main function of religion was moral and criminal justice for society
Activity: 110
January 14, 2018, 04:20:34 AM
Religion is one's belief, one's ethics if no religion will suffer destruction because there is no belief or as a rule of life.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
January 13, 2018, 12:01:22 AM
To be honest, I'm not really a religious person. Whenever I saw someone religious, I admire their devotion and the time they spent on their Church. The sad thing is that some religious people are doing bad things on a daily basis. I believe that the function of religion is to give us purpose in life.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 11:11:43 PM
Religion is a group of believers of God that helps spread the news about the word of God. A group of religion do have a different  beliefs but it is simply about their beliefs in a living God.
Activity: 85
January 12, 2018, 10:05:42 PM
Religion is the groups of the people that believe in god exist
Activity: 49
January 12, 2018, 02:25:23 PM
I think the function of religion is to set doctrines of proper behaviour
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 12, 2018, 12:35:10 PM
The function of religion is to explain why you can't overthrow the king and what is the lighting. Also it's psychologically easily for some people to think all this stories are true. Just like to have a parents who is watching you even after you become a man, not a boy.

Now you are describing scientific theory religion.    Cool
Activity: 115
January 12, 2018, 12:33:00 PM
The function of religion is to explain why you can't overthrow the king and what is the lighting. Also it's psychologically easily for some people to think all this stories are true. Just like to have a parents who is watching you even after you become a man, not a boy.
legendary
January 12, 2018, 12:07:29 PM
The function of religion is to serve God and to unite human beings.
But maybe it is also a form of mass control or of wealth-transfer?
No one knows for sure but the founders themselves.

But how does a religion that doesn't have God as part of it, serve God? I mean, neither the atheism religion or the evolution religion proclaim God... at least not knowingly or directly. The atheism religion even pushes the idea that God doesn't exist. How do those religions serve God? And there are others, like Buddhism.

Cool
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 01:36:59 AM
The function of religion is to serve God and to unite human beings.
But maybe it is also a form of mass control or of wealth-transfer?
No one knows for sure but the founders themselves.
Activity: 98
January 11, 2018, 06:43:12 PM
I think the function of religion as a guideline of life, makes people aware that everything in this world there are provisions of laws and rules that mangatur and binds between human relationships with other human beings with his god, whatever his religion.
especially to get happiness in the next life.
religion gives so much knowledge of human existence that it fosters belief and hope for forgiveness and salvation for sins and wrongs ever committed.
legendary
January 11, 2018, 04:43:11 PM
Religion has two tasks. 1 To give an opportunity to learn about God 2. To clarify what is good and what is evil.

Religion endorses slavery and rape.

Slavery will always exist. Religion only seems to endorse it, because religion is trying to reduce the unfairness of slavery, slavery that will exist anyway.

Cool

All powerful god can't get rid of slavery? LUL

Who thinks God isn't getting rid of slavery? Consider. Keeping people alive and free isn't something that can easily be done while forcing them to not be free at the same time, by forcing them to not make slaves. God has a solution worked out.

Be free to follow His commands. Be free to believe in His Jesus-salvation or not. Then die to get rid of your slave-making and doing. Then arise to go into Heaven or Hell, depending on the free choices you made back here on Earth.

Cool

See, you have some sort of cognitive dissonance.

-Who thinks God isn't getting rid of slavery?

-Slavery will always exist.

Conflicting statements right there.

Your deception is standard for you. Since I showed you that slave-making ends for anybody who is a slaver, when he dies, God has set it up so that the slaver does away with himself.

Not only does the slaver die, but so does the deceiver. Be happy. You are actually going to stop being a deceiver someday.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: