Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 14. (Read 83082 times)

Activity: 288
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 19, 2016, 12:40:50 PM
I think the halving is really good for bitcoin. The halving affect the price of bitcoin and it's become increase so high like right now. I'm sure all people will said the halving is good for bitcoin.
yeah, it is a perfect thing because it makes the price to go up after a decent amount of time, i hope that the trend of the price will be up over time
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
August 19, 2016, 10:37:35 AM
In fact, that's what I'm saying myself, namely, that the effect of the halving has yet to be felt. On the other hand, it is not to be expected that it shoots very far (or high, in terms of price rise, lol) and can be easily overrun and beaten down by a multitude of other factors...

For example, Satoshi deciding to cash out his 1M bitcoins (provided he is still alive and didn't burn his stash of coins)
Your theory could be right that's why the price of bitcoin now is falling but if satoshi is really planning to cash out he could have wait for a longer time to make a good amount of money as the price of bitcoin is increasing brought by the demand of the new players in the market.

I would rather say that he should have sold at least part of his wealth in late 2013-early 2014, when the price had hit the $1,000 mark and stepped over. But then everyone is wise after the event, and it is too late to cry over spilt milk, so to speak...

Though we might never come close to that frontier again
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
August 19, 2016, 10:15:09 AM
halving is the right step for bitcoin as supply reduces it will false a price raise as the digital currency becomes scarce and demand plays its row we sure should see a rise in the bitcoin price.
but what if people just stop using bitcoin buying it, because of the increasing price of bitcoin, therefore to me it is also important that the miners mine bitcoin and provide the supply in the market.
If people stop buying bitcoin maybe the price fall down because bitcoin is running only if the traders are buy and sell bitcoin. So what happen to btc if the traders stop buying i think bitcoin can drop the price. Halving is not affect the price of bitcoin traders can do that they dump it or pump it that is the work of traders.
legendary
August 18, 2016, 05:21:31 PM
halving is the right step for bitcoin as supply reduces it will false a price raise as the digital currency becomes scarce and demand plays its row we sure should see a rise in the bitcoin price.
but what if people just stop using bitcoin buying it, because of the increasing price of bitcoin, therefore to me it is also important that the miners mine bitcoin and provide the supply in the market.

If people stop buying Bitcoin because of its high price, the price will decline, and people will start buying Bitcoin again. As simple as that
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
August 18, 2016, 05:18:15 PM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 18, 2016, 02:59:25 PM
Activity: 406
August 18, 2016, 02:55:58 PM
we can see that there is no special effect on bitcoin, we can see that after halving the price of bitcoin remain stable and was trading in 670 $ round about for such a long time, therefore i can say that there is no special effect of halving on bitcoin.

More halving - more price, someday when almost every bitcoin will be mined, i can't even imagine what prcie will it be, cause bitcoin is limited currency anyway.
Activity: 270
August 18, 2016, 01:58:51 PM
we can see that there is no special effect on bitcoin, we can see that after halving the price of bitcoin remain stable and was trading in 670 $ round about for such a long time, therefore i can say that there is no special effect of halving on bitcoin.
Twice bitcoin will not shrink it is exactly. True to rise even as the price is difficult to predict. Exchange is now very cleverly used the instability in the market.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
August 18, 2016, 01:48:14 PM
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
August 18, 2016, 08:51:35 AM
One month has passed but I think we will see the halving effects in the next 3/4 months. I still don't believe some miners can continue with their business with such a small reward.

Even if some of the miners fall off, this won't change anything in any significant degree. The total hashrate of the network may decrease, but not the amount of coins mined per unit of time since it doesn't depend on the hashrate. As I got it, the number of coins mined is kept constant through the balance of two variables, namely, the hashrate and mining difficulty...

If that was your point, of course

Correct, I was simply pointing out that some miners were mining with previous conditions. In other words, if you expect to get 1000 and the next day you have 500 then you wait for your hardware to die and you simply go away.
Of course, most of the big pools know how to do business and they will not be affected much by the change.

Yes, those two variables you are talking about are there and they speak for themselves, nothing can be done.
My point is valid until you keep in mind that from 25btc to 12.5btc there is a big gap in how much you earn now (now i'm talking in terms of fiat money).

This is why I am saying that I expect the variable "money" to change in the next 3/4 months (meaning a price rise).  Wink

In fact, that's what I'm saying myself, namely, that the effect of the halving has yet to be felt. On the other hand, it is not to be expected that it shoots very far (or high, in terms of price rise, lol) and can be easily overrun and beaten down by a multitude of other factors...

For example, Satoshi deciding to cash out his 1M bitcoins (provided he is still alive and didn't burn his stash of coins)
Your theory could be right that's why the price of bitcoin now is falling but if satoshi is really planning to cash out he could have wait for a longer time to make a good amount of money as the price of bitcoin is increasing brought by the demand of the new players in the market.
legendary
August 18, 2016, 07:18:09 AM
One month has passed but I think we will see the halving effects in the next 3/4 months. I still don't believe some miners can continue with their business with such a small reward.

Even if some of the miners fall off, this won't change anything in any significant degree. The total hashrate of the network may decrease, but not the amount of coins mined per unit of time since it doesn't depend on the hashrate. As I got it, the number of coins mined is kept constant through the balance of two variables, namely, the hashrate and mining difficulty...

Correct, I was simply pointing out that some miners were mining with previous conditions. In other words, if you expect to get 1000 and the next day you have 500 then you wait for your hardware to die and you simply go away.
Of course, most of the big pools know how to do business and they will not be affected much by the change.

Yes, those two variables you are talking about are there and they speak for themselves, nothing can be done.
My point is valid until you keep in mind that from 25btc to 12.5btc there is a big gap in how much you earn now (now i'm talking in terms of fiat money).

This is why I am saying that I expect the variable "money" to change in the next 3/4 months (meaning a price rise).  Wink

Activity: 434
August 18, 2016, 07:10:51 AM
I think the halving is really good for bitcoin. The halving affect the price of bitcoin and it's become increase so high like right now. I'm sure all people will said the halving is good for bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
August 18, 2016, 06:53:07 AM

This is why I am saying that I expect the variable "money" to change in the next 3/4 months (meaning a price rise).  Wink
legendary
August 18, 2016, 06:33:43 AM

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
August 18, 2016, 06:24:12 AM
legendary
August 18, 2016, 06:01:17 AM
Yeah, indeed the mining certainly won't get a profit each time halving. But I'm sure if they have enough bitcoin stash, then they can look for gains in prices they can game. so this will recoup that, because I think halving will not last long and after halving finished miners will definitely benefit more

Halving will last long technically since it's a normal event that happen in the bitcoin aspects. And will continue to happen every 4 years. To overcome those drop rewads, price increase is the key to make miners effort worth it.

Payment fees are usually considered as a more real and steady alternative to Bitcoin price rise for compensating the loss of profits due to halving. Since price may rise and it may drop, but fees remain pretty much the same. Unless developers finally increase the block size, of course...

Which they won't so as not to negatively affect miners and their revenue from fees collected
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 18, 2016, 05:48:19 AM

Yeah, indeed the mining certainly won't get a profit each time halving. But I'm sure if they have enough bitcoin stash, then they can look for gains in prices they can game. so this will recoup that, because I think halving will not last long and after halving finished miners will definitely benefit more

Halving will last long technically since it's a normal event that happen in the bitcoin aspects. And will continue to happen every 4 years. To overcome those drop rewads, price increase is the key to make miners effort worth it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 520
August 17, 2016, 08:30:03 AM
of course halving is a really great thing because it allows the price to grow
well you might be right though it still awards miners with smaller bitcoin amounts so they dont get any decent profit for a while

Activity: 462
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 17, 2016, 08:26:29 AM
of course halving is a really great thing because it allows the price to grow
well you might be right though it still awards miners with smaller bitcoin amounts so they dont get any decent profit for a while
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
August 17, 2016, 04:59:00 AM
Halving is good for bitcoin why ?
because when halving time come  most of people want to buy more bitcoin and they interesting too much before normal period when i meet bitcoin firstly people talk halving time will come and bitcoin will rise so i interested because of that so it is mean Halving is good bitcoin.

The halving will reduce the new supply of the bitcoin and if the demand of the new bitcoin is the same, then the bitcoin price will rise.
Pages:
Jump to: