Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 15. (Read 83082 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
August 09, 2016, 06:03:57 PM
halving is good for bitcoin because it makes bitcoin price grow
Activity: 1582
Merit: 520
August 09, 2016, 05:07:08 PM
Halving is good for bitcoin why ?
because when halving time come  most of people want to buy more bitcoin and they interesting too much before normal period when i meet bitcoin firstly people talk halving time will come and bitcoin will rise so i interested because of that so it is mean Halving is good bitcoin.
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
August 09, 2016, 03:44:25 PM
I think it's a good thing, halving was introduced in order to make the price keep on growing. But because right now many people are already expecting it, the price might be still stable.
If such a situation will recur how it happened will not have to wait for Bitfinex, the stable growth. Now we have to be amended on the basis of the price risk of having unprotected assets in such projects.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 09, 2016, 02:47:11 PM
I think it's a good thing, halving was introduced in order to make the price keep on growing. But because right now many people are already expecting it, the price might be still stable.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
August 09, 2016, 08:47:14 AM
Halving is good because it controls the flow of bitcoin mined and it has limited supply so it will regulate the flow and being greedy of other miners will be avoided because its controlled. As time goes by, bitcoin mined is lesser and lesser and the effect would be higher demand and lower supply which will make the price go up and an advantage to bitcoiners.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
August 09, 2016, 06:05:19 AM
I am not a miner but still I would like to give my 2 cents about this topic. I think halving is good for bitcoin because it regulates the inflow of bitcoin in the market. The inflow of bitcoin will decrease due to halving but it will make sure that there is sustainable inflow of bitcoins. Halving is something that makes mining more systematic process rather than greedy process to acquire more and more coins. It’s beneficial and must for the currency having limited supply.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
of course halving is a really great thing because it allows the price to grow

Halving did really a good job for us, why? Because look at the price of bitcoin now, it's kinda stable from the price ranging $650-$670 and for me that is really a good price at all. And it is the one that I'm thinking for the past months if the price of bitcoin is going to be stable at that price.
And it happened, thanks to halving.

Technically halving isn't the reason why the price boost but no doubt that because of halving speculations why we are here in the price like this today. Without that halving speculation maybe we are still sitting in below $500 price range.
well people buy during the halving and hey push the price so you are technically correct about it, in my opinion it is definitely good because it lowers the supply of bitcoin
Well, if it makes the price of bitcoin ride, and do not reduce our revenue, I think it is a good thing, especially if the price goes up with a high, but if it could make a number of BTC we get down, I think it is still profitable, because we just need to find ways that we can increase revenue bitcoin we get each month.  Grin
People believe that the price will increase because the halving happened this year and now we have not witness any price increase year. It does not really shorten the supply but it would increase the difficulty of mining that should increase also the reward and it would only happen if there is a price increase.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

Halving did really a good job for us, why? Because look at the price of bitcoin now, it's kinda stable from the price ranging $650-$670 and for me that is really a good price at all. And it is the one that I'm thinking for the past months if the price of bitcoin is going to be stable at that price.

Technically halving isn't the reason why the price boost but no doubt that because of halving speculations why we are here in the price like this today. Without that halving speculation maybe we are still sitting in below $500 price range.
well people buy during the halving and hey push the price so you are technically correct about it, in my opinion it is definitely good because it lowers the supply of bitcoin
Well, if it makes the price of bitcoin ride, and do not reduce our revenue, I think it is a good thing, especially if the price goes up with a high, but if it could make a number of BTC we get down, I think it is still profitable, because we just need to find ways that we can increase revenue bitcoin we get each month.  Grin
Activity: 658
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 336

Yes halving though not the main cause of price increase on bitcoins has paved the way for people to think of a coming price increase that lead to higher demands and buying of large amount of bitcoins.

That way halving has indirectly influence the current price if bitcoin that we are enjoying right now. So let another having bring more increase to bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Activity: 233
Merit: 100
reality is what you think it is
Just a quick fix, the supply went from 3600 bitcoins per day to 1800 bitcoins per day (average). Not 36000 to 18000. you shouldn't have multiplied by 10min lol. Halfing decreases the supply of bitcoins ENTERING the market, and not the supply of bitcoins in the market.

Of course you are right, I was way too sleepy when I wrote that. Obviously there come on average 6 blocks per hour, not 60 lol)))))    So I edited my post with the numbers.
Activity: 296
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 756
to me halving is very good for bitcoin. because it reduce the supply and the demand remain the same the price do not fall too much and remain constant. but on other side it is not good for the minor because it become difficult for them to survive.
For your information, it does not reduce the supply, it is just giving the miners a difficulty to mind but would not really reduce the number of supplies. The supplies are still intact base on how the whole system are design and we can only have a shortage if their is a big demands.
For your information, it DOES reduce the supply, it has nothing to do with difficulty changes.
Difficulty is recalculated approx. every 2000 blocks the way it would ensure a 10 minutes on average to find a block. It depends solely on the total network hashrate and not on the halvings.
Yes, it has not reduced the number of supplies, the blocks are found every 10 minutes anyway, but it has reduced the amount of supply, now there are only 12.5 newly mined coins in every block instead of 25. So prior to the halving the daily supply was about 10min*6*24hrs*25BTC=36000BTC, now its 10min*6*24hrs*12.5BTC=18000BTC...  if 36000/day>18000/day I call it reduce of supply Wink
Just a quick fix, the supply went from 3600 bitcoins per day to 1800 bitcoins per day (average). Not 36000 to 18000. you shouldn't have multiplied by 10min lol. Halfing decreases the supply of bitcoins ENTERING the market, and not the supply of bitcoins in the market.
Activity: 756
i feel like its going to have a good impact on bitcoin in the long term. because it decreases the amount of bitcoins coming into the market,keeping the price stable and possibly increasing in the future. so far the price has been pretty stable since the halfing happened and i hope i stays that way.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
reality is what you think it is
to me halving is very good for bitcoin. because it reduce the supply and the demand remain the same the price do not fall too much and remain constant. but on other side it is not good for the minor because it become difficult for them to survive.
For your information, it does not reduce the supply, it is just giving the miners a difficulty to mind but would not really reduce the number of supplies. The supplies are still intact base on how the whole system are design and we can only have a shortage if their is a big demands.
For your information, it DOES reduce the supply, it has nothing to do with difficulty changes.
Difficulty is recalculated approx. every 2000 blocks the way it would ensure a 10 minutes on average to find a block. It depends solely on the total network hashrate and not on the halvings.
Yes, it has not reduced the number of supplies, the blocks are found every 10 minutes anyway, but it has reduced the amount of supply, now there are only 12.5 newly mined coins in every block instead of 25. So prior to the halving the daily supply was about 10min*6*24hrs*25BTC=3600BTC, now its 10min*6*24hrs*12.5BTC=1800BTC...  if 3600/day>1800/day I call it reduce of supply Wink

UPD: I shouldn't have multiplied by 10 min, of course, initial text corrected.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
The halving already happened then why you guys are still discussing on it?
Bitcoin price raised just before the halving and we have seen nothing after it,
However people bought many bitcoins before halving thinking that the price will increase and give them profit, That buying made the bitcoin price @600$'s .

We have a few more halvings to discuss
Activity: 720
The halving already happened then why you guys are still discussing on it?
Bitcoin price raised just before the halving and we have seen nothing after it,
However people bought many bitcoins before halving thinking that the price will increase and give them profit, That buying made the bitcoin price @600$'s .
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Aside from the explanation for the poster who quoted your post first, the supply remain the same and no way it can reduce the supply.

It's just that production for "NEW" mined coins will be slowed. Halving is good since if there's no drop rewards we can just easily achieved our max number of coins to be mined which isn't a good idea.
Pages:
Jump to: