Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 18. (Read 83082 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I guess the best effect of halving is making bitcoin prices rose higher than ever, I think people take advantage of it to hold their bitcoin. but I guess after halving, bitcoin prices become unstable because more people are starting to sell their bitcoin in large numbers

If that happens I feel real lucky because of savings, I really don't what will happen after the halving but base on the many opinions here while I'm reading. Many believes that bitcoin halving will have a good effect to us. Because it will increase the price of bitcoin after it happens.

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
I guess the best effect of halving is making bitcoin prices rose higher than ever, I think people take advantage of it to hold their bitcoin. but I guess after halving, bitcoin prices become unstable because more people are starting to sell their bitcoin in large numbers
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

You are right bitkilo,everyone is expecting the rise after halving,but i really feel like some miners may finish they mining,
and that would be the cause of dumping a big amount of bitcoin in a short time.I feel like this will happen this halving Cheesy but i hope btc will rise anyway.

The miners who can't afford to mine post halving will be the ones who probably sell as quickly as they mine. The ones who can have long term vision so even if they're in the red for a while they're not going to dump.
Activity: 574
I think the halving event for bitcoin could be a very interesting one this time, could be a good prediction for next time.

I know miners still need to pay the same bills so in turn may have to increase the sell cost of their minned coins but i have started to get this feeling that the recent price rise may be a just a big pump that will be followed by a big dump just after halving, no real reasoning just a feeling i get.
You are right bitkilo,everyone is expecting the rise after halving,but i really feel like some miners may finish they mining,
and that would be the cause of dumping a big amount of bitcoin in a short time.I feel like this will happen this halving Cheesy but i hope btc will rise anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
I think the halving event for bitcoin could be a very interesting one this time, could be a good prediction for next time.

I know miners still need to pay the same bills so in turn may have to increase the sell cost of their minned coins but i have started to get this feeling that the recent price rise may be a just a big pump that will be followed by a big dump just after halving, no real reasoning just a feeling i get.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Maybe the biggest factor and biggest unknown is the OTC market. If I was a miner then that's where I'd be selling.

We know there is plenty of action going on there but it isn't publicised. When OTC buyers suddenly find there's less to buy via their usual routes then they may be forced to get a bit more creative.

That might end up dropping the price if they buy via exchanges. Some may have the muscle to push the price around to accumulate more for less expenditure.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
I think the halving is very Good, the profit is duplicate in one year.

Halving is good for the bitcoin users and the one who have bitcoins with them to get some profit on this event. but i am not so sure if it is good for the miners as the reward is reduced to half.
Halving can be good for the miners too from some aspects since changes of price can have indirect positive effect on their profit.
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...
The halving is far from good to the bitcoin because there are allot of people thinking that the price is halving but that is not what it means
the halving affects the blocks where miners are searching for so now you all know iut.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...

The halving doesn't mean stop of mining. Mean only halving of the new amounts of bitcoin added in the market. So the mining will continue with more or few miners. The new 12.5 bitcoin will be in the market every about 10 minutes. There have not any importance the number of miners which participate in this process. I don't understand why the fees must go high with less miners (but I'm not an expert in this field and maybe have wrong). Less miners will earn their part in the production of new bitcoins. Less miners mean maybe more earnings than before halving seen that are less miners than before. That's all.

As for the demand, this have nothing to do with the miners. They are not at all part of the demand. They don't buy bitcoins. Because earn it through the mining. The maximum of their activity in the report supply/demand is the sell of their bitcoins earned. So, on the contrary, are part of supply. The demand is who buy. And for sure are not the miners why buy bitcoin. I don't see any reason why the number of why buy will be reduced. Maybe increased make sense but decreased .... Why?
I matters to some people and some people do not even care that much. People that want to buy coins again this is really important because they then can buy more coins for a cheaper price.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
After the award of reducing the situation may develop in two opposite scenarios: on the one hand, the prices of cryptocurrency can continue to grow under the influence of a lower award. On the other hand, Bitcoin exchange rate may go down: fear of instability, investors begin to sell assets kriptovalyutnye.
Another possible consequence of the reduction in awards can become bankrupt or closing miners: some of them have to stop their operations due to the drop in revenue from of mining.

"Thus, the reduction of awards were given as the main reasons for the bankruptcy of the Swedish company KnC Miner. In a statement, CEO Sam Max explained that the cost of mining the coins after the reduction of the awards will be higher income. "We just got into debt," - he concluded."(c)

Google translation of the following news in Russian:

Пocлe coкpaщeния нaгpaды cитyaция мoжeт paзвивaтьcя пo двyм пpямo пpoтивoпoлoжным cцeнapиям: c oднoй cтopoны, цeны нa кpиптoвaлютy мoгyт пpoдoлжить pacти пoд дeйcтвиeм бoлee низкoй нaгpaды. C дpyгoй cтopoны, кypc биткoйнa мoжeт пoйти вниз: oпacaяcь нecтaбильнocти, инвecтopы нaчнy pacпpoдaвaть кpиптoвaлютныe aктивы.

Eщe oдним вoзмoжным пocлeдcтвиeм coкpaщeния нaгpaды мoжeт cтaть бaнкpoтcтвo или зaкpытиe мaйнepoв: нeкoтopым из ниx пpидeтcя пpeкpaтить cвoи oпepaции из-зa пaдeния дoxoдoв oт мaйнингa.

Taк, coкpaщeниe нaгpaды былo yкaзaнo в кaчecтвe ocнoвнoй пpичины бaнкpoтcтвa швeдcкoй кoмпaнии KnC Miner. B cвoeм зaявлeнии диpeктop кoмпaнии Cэм Кoл пoяcнил, чтo зaтpaты нa мaйнинг мoнeты пocлe coкpaщeния нaгpaды бyдyт вышe дoxoдoв. «Mы пpocтo влeзeм в дoлги», — зaключил oн.

After the award of reducing the situation may develop in two opposite scenarios: on the one hand, the prices of cryptocurrency can continue to grow under the influence of a lower award. On the other hand, bitcoin exchange rate may go down: fear of instability, investors begin to sell assets kriptovalyutnye.

Another possible consequence of the reduction in awards can become bankrupt or closing miners: some of them have to stop their operations due to the drop in revenue from of mining.

Thus, the reduction of awards were given as the main reasons for the bankruptcy of the Swedish company KnC Miner. In a statement, CEO Sam Max explained that the cost of mining the coins after the reduction of the awards will be higher income. "We just got into debt," - he concluded.

Find the difference
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
After the award of reducing the situation may develop in two opposite scenarios: on the one hand, the prices of cryptocurrency can continue to grow under the influence of a lower award. On the other hand, Bitcoin exchange rate may go down: fear of instability, investors begin to sell assets kriptovalyutnye.

"Thus, the reduction of awards were given as the main reasons for the bankruptcy of the Swedish company KnC Miner. In a statement, CEO Sam Max explained that the cost of mining the coins after the reduction of the awards will be higher income. "We just got into debt," - he concluded."(c)

He got into debt as electricity is higher in Sweden, but I am sure for the Chinese miners the bitcoin halving will not affect them at all, as long as there will be transaction fees for them, they will continue to keep their miners on and they will still be in profit. Regarding the halving is totally unpredictable but many of us think that the bitcoin price will go up, let's hope we are all right regarding this.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
good for traders bad for miners

Yes that's it it is good for all of us that do trading and really bad for miners.

The halving is good but can als be bad, I really do not know what to expect from it honestly because it has a great worth right now.
I hope it will be good and that it will rise to a even high amount.

I think we must expect a good thing about halving but for miners they aren't going to expect more.
Let's see what is going to happen few days from now.
Activity: 770
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think the halving is very Good, the profit is duplicate in one year.
well we dont know what is going to happen to be honest, the price also might drop a lot really fast, though i think that it should grow over time so halving will be beneficial most probably
Activity: 279
With the Brexit and other things happening to the world. This will even effect the price more so I think a good thing. Look where we were a year ago.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
good for traders bad for miners
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
The halving is good but can als be bad, I really do not know what to expect from it honestly because it has a great worth right now.

It's can be bad only if price drop lower than $600 after halving, but at my opinion people in China already know what to do and price will start increasing anyway.
Activity: 364
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Bitcoin now is a normal currency and people are using it for their normal use as like currencies and its market cap is now much huge so it is false that bitcoin will not survive for longer.

No. People today are using bitcoin in investment to take profits. That's why big merchants are having a hard time to consider adding bitcoin in one of their payments methods. Because most of the people and there are big whales around using bitcoin as an investment, we can't never reached a stable price which fiat currencies have

This will only work as long as Bitcoin continues to gain in price and/or remains highly volatile. Long-term stagnation as well as price stability will work against it as a speculative vehicle...

So Bitcoin should remain volatile in order to remain attractive
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Bitcoin now is a normal currency and people are using it for their normal use as like currencies and its market cap is now much huge so it is false that bitcoin will not survive for longer.

No. People today are using bitcoin in investment to take profits. That's why big merchants are having a hard time to consider adding bitcoin in one of their payments methods. Because most of the people and there are big whales around using bitcoin as an investment, we can't never reached a stable price which fiat currencies have.

And because there are lots of positive expectations this halving, people will stick of using this currency for investment purposes.
Pages:
Jump to: