Pages:
Author

Topic: The legalization of bitcoin. - page 13. (Read 5119 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
June 21, 2017, 08:33:09 PM
Ahh no. Even buying an uninhabited island from a country wouldn't work since no one would sell it to you and secondly, almost every island in this world is already under the sovereignty of a country

An alternative would be to buy a whole existing nation. There are several struggling Pacific microstates that are threatened with inundation by AGW and whose inhabitants already have the right of abode in another country. The idea would be to wait until most of the inhabitants had left, then offer the remaining ones $$$ to (a) amend their constitution to make NewCountry Inc. the sovereign, and (b) leave.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
June 21, 2017, 08:02:07 PM
In my opinion, the idea is not bad, but it is doomed to failure. All parts of the planet have long been distributed among states and are controlled, and this will already be a violation of rights.

This is the existing problem why bitcoin can't be legit all around the world. Us, its supporters, need to know that bitcoin will not be a a legit system soon.

The governments don't like bitcoin and its uncontrallable features.
There is not a single government body that is in favor of Bitcoin that doesn't also want to have a tight leash on what it is able to do, and making sure they get their share of taxes from it. It's just normal for them at this point. There is no way they do not want to have their hands all over whatever their citizens are using and they will always seek to be belligerent when it comes to something that does not comply.

Correct this should be seen as a process. Like a first part of a long chain. One government will accept it and the rest will follow it by time.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
June 21, 2017, 07:59:14 PM
This is the existing problem why bitcoin can't be legit all around the world. Us, its supporters, need to know that bitcoin will not be a a legit system soon.
Governments all over the world will legalize bitcoin pretty soon,which means that they will bring in more rules and regulations on how things work with the exchanges and how people could send money and the restrictions imposed and so on,so what i feel is there will be more restrictions for bitcoin in the name of legalization.
I can't deny that they will do such things that you've just said above. Our government have regulate bitcoin, now if you're holding bitcoin or transaction with it, it can be taxed. They the government will try their best to control it even though they can't control it completely. Well is it just me or,,,, that i don't like legalization of the bitcoin it might be good for bitcoin adoption but i just love bitcoin being decentralized without intervention from the government.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
June 21, 2017, 07:54:02 PM
Governments all over the world will legalize bitcoin pretty soon,which means that they will bring in more rules and regulations on how things work with the exchanges and how people could send money and the restrictions imposed and so on,so what i feel is there will be more restrictions for bitcoin in the name of legalization.
Actually, bitcoin is a legal currency. I hink you are just pertaining for the government's support. Regarding that, they'll do it as time goes by. However, it's quite difficult to happen since it's decentralized that competes with fiat money in which government can regulated it.

We have long past the legal phase and we are currently in the acceptance phase with more and more countries starting to accept and regulate it. After that comes the support phase where I think some countries will support it and others won't.

I don't think bitcoin really competes with fiat but rather works well alongside it, at the end of the day it will never be a replacement for cold hard cash and some governments will realize that and actively support it others will remain skeptical.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
June 21, 2017, 07:49:19 PM
In my opinion, the idea is not bad, but it is doomed to failure. All parts of the planet have long been distributed among states and are controlled, and this will already be a violation of rights.

There is not a single government body that is in favor of Bitcoin that doesn't also want to have a tight leash on what it is able to do, and making sure they get their share of taxes from it. It's just normal for them at this point. There is no way they do not want to have their hands all over whatever their citizens are using and they will always seek to be belligerent when it comes to something that does not comply.
Activity: 630
Merit: 265
June 21, 2017, 07:34:07 PM
Actually, bitcoin is a legal currency. I hink you are just pertaining for the government's support. Regarding that, they'll do it as time goes by. However, it's quite difficult to happen since it's decentralized that competes with fiat money in which government can regulated it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 252
June 21, 2017, 07:23:14 PM
Activity: 280
June 21, 2017, 06:45:03 PM

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
June 21, 2017, 06:36:50 PM
Do you think if we create an initiative group for the legalization of bitcoin. To find uninhabited island, to announce the collection of funds for its acquisition. Everyone who contribute will receive a piece of this island. Based on the state of Bitcoin official currency of this state to make a bitcoin. Do you like this idea?
It will not happen, every single piece of land has an owner, and when a new piece of land emerges due to volcanic activity or something like that, a government will claim ownership of that land, so unfortunately it is not possible to do that at the moment.

Anyway that does not stop that somebody can buy an island or yes? The thing is maybe that you could not buy much on that island, perhaps the direct exchange of goods would give much better result on that island, but in any case there isn´t need to mix one thing with another, it's almost like saying legalize internet,
oh wait, was it ever oneday illegal? in any case could be try of "regulate" but depending on what or for whom,
only starting from there already represents a problem define it.
You can buy an island but you cannot impose your own laws, you are still subject to the laws of the country that island belongs, you cannot try to create a country out of nowhere, believe me some have tried, look for the principality of sealand if you don’t believe me.
Activity: 378
https://saturn.black
June 21, 2017, 06:06:36 AM
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
June 21, 2017, 06:04:08 AM
Do you think if we create an initiative group for the legalization of bitcoin. To find uninhabited island, to announce the collection of funds for its acquisition. Everyone who contribute will receive a piece of this island. Based on the state of Bitcoin official currency of this state to make a bitcoin. Do you like this idea?

Extremely unique idea but unfortunately it's going to remain a dream...

Right now countries are not even willing to make sacrifices to make bitcoin legal. When they do make sacrifices it is not enough to allow people to freely trade their bitcoins for fiat currencies and vice versa, labelling the change useless. There are certain countries though that were able to come to a decision, for example, Japan and Australia are two prime examples that every other country in the world should follow. They made real changes that have a real impact on bitcoin users in their country.

The thing is, there are probably less than 1 million people using bitcoin. lets just say that only 2% of them is willing to give you money in return for this land. Firstly how are you going to obtain an island in the middle of nowhere? Obviously, how are you going to run your economy? How are you going to defend yourself? Why is this whole thing even necessary to get the rest of the world to legalize bitcoin? Think about all these questions.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
June 21, 2017, 03:16:06 AM

1. To build a whole economy out of an uninhabited island sounds like an impossible feat to achieve at best, fantasy at worst. We do not need this at all because bitcoin functions without any form of regulation/central intervention. Even if it's outlawed, as long as bitcoin software is being run on computers, then the P2P network still exists. What would be the point of moving everyone to a remote island where food is scarce and no infrustructure is available?

2. Bitcoin is designed to be a way to transfer money over the internet, with minimal costs. Based on your ideas, this would be completely redundant to have bitcoin as everyone lives very close to each other, thus reducing the usefulness of bitcoin.

What we really need is an economic collapse, although that sounds almost sadistic it's true. We need people to stop having a false sense of security in fiats, and look for better, decentralized alternatives.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
June 20, 2017, 10:57:25 PM
Unique idea.
Too hard to do. Just look at the current development of almost many countries accept Bitcoin as an official payment. Such as India, Japan, China and Russia.
Think simple  Grin
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
June 20, 2017, 10:14:33 PM
Every island out there is already controlled by a government, uninhabited or not - they will not allow you to just take over and build your own jurisdiction. You will still be subject to all the laws of the governing country, so cannot make your own laws. I think Sealand have gotten the closest to this idea, an offshore rig that offers hosting and other online services, along with "citizenship". If their closest neighbour wanted to take them over it could be done with ease.

Wait, I've read somewhere that there are some uninhabited islands in south pacific (not sure tho) that you can freely settle on if no one did before you, and also those things in the sea west of UK? That were used during the war, you can also buy those, they're for sale.
Even if they're for sale that island is still in control of the government that is near it, which is UK you said so if they don't recognize bitcoin and make it legal, it is pointless. The legalization of bitcoin will just happen in due time if bitcoin will not be dethroned by other crypto in the next few decades. I like the idea of OP though but he can't create another country in a deserted island easily, OP's idea is too hard to do because a country near it won't allow it that easily.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
June 20, 2017, 07:23:34 PM
Legalized usage will bring more users into the community. But the same will affect several unique features that bitcoin has got, and importantly the system becomes centralized and because of this surely it will loss the value it gained to certain extent.
If any government legalizes bitcoin it could attract more business and that is the only advantage it has because there is clarity regarding on the government will be dealing with crypto currency and here the OP wants to own an island and start regulating bitcoin.  Cheesy No comments on that.
Yes it is true for sure and good as well using a legal currency . making bitcoin is legal in any country makes the money evolution in the pipeline more then want world bank to now . it will organize the each transistor  with the id so there is no corruption will take place in the government . if the corruption people leave from the bitcoin then it will be legal in everywhere and its gonna be legal very soon so its really will be a good step.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 20, 2017, 06:46:57 PM
In other countries embraced cryptocurrency with an open mind. Just the government don't recognized it. For me, it's better to bitcoin be legalized because as a matter of fact it can help other unemployed people to have a job eventhough he/she is at home. If we're just open minded with it. It may be our future
I do accept the fact that it gives us more options on what we do with our money and the freedom to make our living according to our choices, i am not in favor of a mad idea of OP,to get an island and make bitcoin legal,without all that madness governments all over will start accepting bitcoin and they will be legalizing it pretty soon.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
June 20, 2017, 05:45:11 PM
Every island out there is already controlled by a government, uninhabited or not - they will not allow you to just take over and build your own jurisdiction. You will still be subject to all the laws of the governing country, so cannot make your own laws. I think Sealand have gotten the closest to this idea, an offshore rig that offers hosting and other online services, along with "citizenship". If their closest neighbour wanted to take them over it could be done with ease.

Wait, I've read somewhere that there are some uninhabited islands in south pacific (not sure tho) that you can freely settle on if no one did before you, and also those things in the sea west of UK? That were used during the war, you can also buy those, they're for sale.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
June 20, 2017, 02:25:28 PM
In most countries, bitcoin is nothing illegal, only the government does not recognise it as a currency. Infact there are a few countries like Japan who have officially accepted Bitcoins as a currency and in some countries it is accepted as a legal form of tender for trade.
Rightly pointed out, it is not illegal in most of the countries, the only thing is they do not accept it as a legal currency. But if they do recognize it as a currency and make it legal globally, then they will also try to control it, which will be a total massacre on the ease and anonymity of bitcoins.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
June 19, 2017, 09:08:13 AM
Good idea but i think it is impossible to materialize! It because all countries are bounded by their own laws. That laws governing the policies used in their operation.
There are many country who have already fully adopted the bitcoin currency that is why i think legalization of country in the world is not that hard to achieved we need just wait to proved that bitcoin need to be legalized because of its stability.
Activity: 140
June 19, 2017, 08:05:21 AM
Good idea but i think it is impossible to materialize! It because all countries are bounded by their own laws. That laws governing the policies used in their operation.
Pages:
Jump to: