Pages:
Author

Topic: The legalization of bitcoin. - page 7. (Read 5119 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
December 18, 2017, 08:31:45 AM
but do we need legalization in general? this is why it was invented to ensure decentralization and anonymity in managing your finances. I think this policy can lead to a slowdown in the development of bitcoin.

There is a bad and good side of legalizing Bitcoin. The negative effect will justify your statement. It can only lead to Bitcoin being centralized because of the government's control. The positive side is that it may also lead Bitcoin into a much stable economy. In which the bitcoin users can decide whether they will be supporting it or not and should accept the outcome.
First, legalizing bitcoin will not even in anyway change it from being decentralized. Also, bitcoin itself is not completely anonymous and we can refer to it as pseudo anonymous instead.

So, there is nothing legalizing bitcoin is really going to change except for the fact that if you are making use of an exchange in conversion to fiat, then the tax law is applicable to you and until bitcoin can be used without having to convert to fiat, we just have to accept that and even without legalization, some countries are already doing that anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
December 16, 2017, 06:37:23 AM
Anyhow however.. it's not easy to do, if we're just the ordinary people who are still dependent on government regulations.
I myself haven't been able to thinking that far to makes such an effort, still unreachable to my mind personally. And I think it seems like if it really intends to doing that, it would be really takes a very hard effort.
Legalization should really not be a problem. I see a lot of people talking about tax, but even without the government solely declaring that they are legalizing bitcoin, a lot of countries are still seeing it as a commodity and it is being taxed. I am sure it will eventually mean a lot for bitcoin as that would show the government really accepting that there is nothing they can do to stop bitcoin than accepting and just benefiting from it.
Activity: 208
Merit: 10
December 16, 2017, 02:09:33 AM
Do you think if we create an initiative group for the legalization of bitcoin. To find uninhabited island, to announce the collection of funds for its acquisition. Everyone who contribute will receive a piece of this island. Based on the state of Bitcoin official currency of this state to make a bitcoin. Do you like this idea?
I dont understand what u mean by legalization because not all countries are considering bitcoins as illegal. My country alone, our government through our central bank has taken an initiative to regulate bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
December 15, 2017, 11:21:06 PM
I don't think this is a grate idea because it contradicts bitcoin's ideology and concept on which it was based on . Bitcoin shouldn't be linked to any state , government , land or party . It should only be defined by people and  for people to be completely free from any controlling organisms . In addition setting a plan like this means you'll need equipment and regimen for that , even an army to protect it ! And you can't just acquire all of that with bitcoin only  .
Nothing contradicts the ideology of bitcoin even if it ends up being legalized eventually. This does not change it from being a digital currency nor does it change it from being a decentralized one for that matter. Every country has their laws with monetary policies and as long as you are still going to be making use of fiat, come on !

Unless you want to be robbing your government, this is classified as capital gains. One day though, when bitcoin becomes more useful to be used as a currency, then we should expect taxing to really be a problem for the government so we better wait for that but I am sure they will always find a way.
Activity: 308
Merit: 120
December 15, 2017, 10:00:04 PM
Legalization of Bitcoin will bring big revolution in crypto world.Many investors who are not investing more due to legalization,after legalization investor ratio will increase and prices go on peak many existence investor will take profit may be they become millionaires. Legalization of Bitcoin will bring many positive changes.

I totally agree with you in the half of your answer, But I doubt for the truth of the rest. In fact, it is clear that the legalization of bitcoin will generate a storm, but it can have a positive or negative influence on the most valuable virtual currency in the world, in other words, it may be at the base of a rise or a  fall of its value. However, we must never forget that whatever thing forbidden became extremely desirable, therefore it may that bitcoin loses its fame once this prohibition does not exist anymore.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
December 15, 2017, 09:55:31 PM
Legalization of bitcoin it seems to be coming soon. Not only just because it is supported by the government, but in the fact that  bitcoin is being used by the community that really needs a certain policies to have a fair in the other forms of investment. What will make worries for us is that, it could be lead bitcoin from being controlled with the government.
Activity: 128
December 15, 2017, 08:02:59 PM
Do you think if we create an initiative group for the legalization of bitcoin. To find uninhabited island, to announce the collection of funds for its acquisition. Everyone who contribute will receive a piece of this island. Based on the state of Bitcoin official currency of this state to make a bitcoin. Do you like this idea?
I think people are increasingly using virtual money,like Bitcoin, that not backed by an government.Many central banks have cautioned against it.But most authorities take a hands-off approach.And also Legalization of bitcoin will bring big revolution and many positive changes.
Activity: 57
December 15, 2017, 07:13:46 PM

More than legalization/legistaltion, is not prohibition of bitcoin,
Bitcoin doesn't need to be regulated, actually its why it was created its way decetralized.
Activity: 176
Merit: 12
December 15, 2017, 07:12:54 PM
Legalization of Bitcoin will bring big revolution in crypto world.Many investors who are not investing more due to legalization,after legalization investor ratio will increase and prices go on peak many existence investor will take profit may be they become millionaires. Legalization of Bitcoin will bring many positive changes.
Activity: 546
Merit: 24
December 15, 2017, 06:24:25 PM
The government held already the islands, even uninhabitable islands. We cannot push the legalization of bitcoin to that particular island if the government does not want bitcoin to exist in their territory. As far as I know, there are lots of countries applied bitcoin in the sense that the people using it as earnings and to transact. I've been searched also the different countries that bitcoin is legitimate and I found out that bitcoin already spread in our world.
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
December 15, 2017, 04:39:25 PM

I don't think that will help as easy as we are depicting it here. I mean just imagine about the whole procedure for acquiring those islands. You will first need the government evaluation of the property and put some extra efforts in acquiring it first. How would you tendor that much money in first place and also why anyone would want to contribute to that piece if you don't have the legal possession in first place. What I mean is, you will have to purchase it from the government first and then you can do the further business the way you want it. But you will be taxed double, once for buying and second for selling. Lolz. That would be costly affair and dint know how everyone will react upon it.
It’s true that bitcoin is already legal in some countries if it can work in some countries its transition are also easy in use so if transition are going to take place and its also easy in use so its mean its already legal because now a days it’s a very strong intelligence of the countries and how it’s possible that it can work so easily.
It is not possible to forbid Bitcoin in the current phase, as this would lead to the separation of the government or the economy from the Bitcoin world market . Therefore, in the long run, governments and states are likely to regulate their Bitcoin markets.
Activity: 315
Merit: 100
Investing in the future development of blockchain
December 15, 2017, 04:36:05 PM
Actually, we do not have to isolate ourselves by making or creating an initiative group for the legalization of bitcoin because bitcoin itself was already attractive meaning with the rise of its popularity and demands, bitcoin itself is making itself turn into legalization since people know what benefits bitcoin can already make for them. Different states or country do already have a certain currency what just needed is to adapt and make way for the entry of the new type of currency and make it legal for massive usage.
Activity: 346
Merit: 102
December 15, 2017, 04:29:27 PM
Bitcoin is a popular issue in the world.It become popular day by day.It is the mother of all crypto currency. I think,it is very needed to legalize Bitcoin as a currency in thehe whole world.It isn't harmful things.Everyone can change his life by working in this forum.
It is increasing in values and price because now bitcoin demand is very high and people are getting into bitcoin. I am happy because it is going to become legal currency and will increase value more high I am saving money with bitcoin and tell all my friends about bitcoin to increase more and save money for our future as well. Bitcoin is famous for high rates and till now it has increased price more than double.

The legalization still takes place. In some assian countries, the regulation is very rigid against bitcoin. In europe too, it's still in the gray zone of the world economy. The near time legalization looks away.
The current Bitcoin adaptation phase involves all major economies, including the United States, Japan, South Korea and Russia. Vladimir Putin announced that the Bitcoin regulatory frameworks and the crypto-points will be launched in the future
Other governments have legalized Bitcon. It is becoming increasingly difficult for any government simply to reject and prevent the provision of regulatory frameworks for crypto-wave for businesses and investors.
Activity: 735
Merit: 500
December 15, 2017, 04:25:19 PM
Bitcoin is a popular issue in the world.It become popular day by day.It is the mother of all crypto currency. I think,it is very needed to legalize Bitcoin as a currency in thehe whole world.It isn't harmful things.Everyone can change his life by working in this forum.
It is increasing in values and price because now bitcoin demand is very high and people are getting into bitcoin. I am happy because it is going to become legal currency and will increase value more high I am saving money with bitcoin and tell all my friends about bitcoin to increase more and save money for our future as well. Bitcoin is famous for high rates and till now it has increased price more than double.

The legalization still takes place. In some assian countries, the regulation is very rigid against bitcoin. In europe too, it's still in the gray zone of the world economy. The near time legalization looks away.
The current Bitcoin adaptation phase involves all major economies, including the United States, Japan, South Korea and Russia. Vladimir Putin announced that the Bitcoin regulatory frameworks and the crypto-points will be launched in the future
Activity: 249
Merit: 100
December 15, 2017, 04:09:08 PM

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 15, 2017, 03:33:28 PM
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
December 15, 2017, 09:12:14 AM
Its very complicated, some or most government are against Bitcoin and in order for your idea to succeed we need the help and support of the government but because government are not very helpful unless they get a cut from the blockchain transaction then this idea will surely just an imagination.

Its really very complicated indeed. It was designed to be de-centralized in the first place and having some control over it will violates what it is it intended. Maybe the best that the government can do is to put regulations around bitcoin. One benefits of putting regulations is for tax purposes. So we need to have like a consensus in the middle. However, those government who are against it want's total ban. While friendlies still stay on the side of regulations. So it's not easy as it looks from the outside. So my conclusion, is that governments will be having a hard time really accepting bitcoin. Their Central Banks will resists such adoption because they perceived bitcoin as a threat.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
December 15, 2017, 08:38:24 AM
I don't think this is a grate idea because it contradicts bitcoin's ideology and concept on which it was based on . Bitcoin shouldn't be linked to any state , government , land or party . It should only be defined by people and  for people to be completely free from any controlling organisms . In addition setting a plan like this means you'll need equipment and regimen for that , even an army to protect it ! And you can't just acquire all of that with bitcoin only  .
Activity: 512
BountyMarketCap
December 15, 2017, 08:30:31 AM
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
December 15, 2017, 04:46:39 AM
but do we need legalization in general? this is why it was invented to ensure decentralization and anonymity in managing your finances. I think this policy can lead to a slowdown in the development of bitcoin.

There is a bad and good side of legalizing Bitcoin. The negative effect will justify your statement. It can only lead to Bitcoin being centralized because of the government's control. The positive side is that it may also lead Bitcoin into a much stable economy. In which the bitcoin users can decide whether they will be supporting it or not and should accept the outcome.
Pages:
Jump to: