Pages:
Author

Topic: The legitimate purpose of military... - page 8. (Read 4961 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
May 04, 2013, 12:53:20 PM
I am not sure that I understand your point. Are you saying that whoever holds the escrow (arbiter) must possess overwhelming military force compared to his clients?
Activity: 775
Merit: 1000
May 04, 2013, 12:48:40 PM
Where are all the An-Caps? Where's Myrkul? Defend thy honour! Cheesy
Activity: 775
Merit: 1000
May 04, 2013, 09:16:08 AM
Escrow to protect international trade and co-operation.

In our Anarchic globe where governments only have domestic oversight, but no supreme leader "brutally coercing" them to obey some heinous international laws, there must be some way to ensure that voluntary trade is predominantly honest. The Potential losses provoked by breaches of trust must outweigh any [potential] 'gains' from cheating one's customer or supplier.

Up until now, the Anarcho-Capitalists always had one argument up their sleeve with which they could criticise governments (that they support violent military and that military serves no useful purpose...), and for which I had no answer. But escrow is that answer. So, if any An-Cap or Libertarian supporters want to dispute that, I invite them to present alternative, non-violent/non-threatening, decentralised/non-authoritarian ideas for escrow that would ensure co-operative trade between isolated communities. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: