Pages:
Author

Topic: "THE LIST" - page 14. (Read 27374 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
April 12, 2015, 11:56:36 AM

And yet you seriously need to "sell your sig space" for some tiny fractions of BTC?

Anyway - the whole point is not the "ad sigs" themselves but the "stupid pointless posts" that are being made in order to "earn that tiny amount of BTC". If you are not making stupid pointless posts then you should have nothing to be concerned about (and no-one is forcing you to ignore anyone).

I do it as a pass time and I am not obliged to answer anyone what I do and what I don't as being a part of a sig campaign isn't a crime. I don't earn my living being a part of a signature campaign as I have a full time job.

Being a part of bitcoins is in itself not a good thing as it isn't a recognized currency and considered ILLEGAL. I would rather argue about how to make bitcoins worth talking about and LEGAL rather than Sig campaign spammers. But unfortunately, I don't find anyone interested in making bitcoins a LEGAL currency or working on it as some people are happy about using it for gambling, money laundering, selling illegal goods and hence they don't want bitcoins to be regulated.

Errm, you do realize that there are only few countries who consider bitcoins as "illegal" right? And if you say that being a part of bitcoin is not good, then why the hell did you even involve yourself and joined this forum in the first place? Also, what do you mean when you say "legal"? Under some regulations and authority?
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
April 12, 2015, 08:29:36 AM

And yet you seriously need to "sell your sig space" for some tiny fractions of BTC?

Anyway - the whole point is not the "ad sigs" themselves but the "stupid pointless posts" that are being made in order to "earn that tiny amount of BTC". If you are not making stupid pointless posts then you should have nothing to be concerned about (and no-one is forcing you to ignore anyone).

I do it as a pass time and I am not obliged to answer anyone what I do and what I don't as being a part of a sig campaign isn't a crime. I don't earn my living being a part of a signature campaign as I have a full time job.

Being a part of bitcoins is in itself not a good thing as it isn't a recognized currency and considered ILLEGAL. I would rather argue about how to make bitcoins worth talking about and LEGAL rather than Sig campaign spammers. But unfortunately, I don't find anyone interested in making bitcoins a LEGAL currency or working on it as some people are happy about using it for gambling, money laundering, selling illegal goods and hence they don't want bitcoins to be regulated.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
April 12, 2015, 07:54:22 AM
.... this is a forum when the people share their ideas and learn from the talent users.

Except once the "talent" gets so sick of reading all the useless posts that they leave in which case the likely result will be just newbies posting to newbies with each side only doing so to get paid for their ad sigs (with a total of zero knowledge being disseminated as neither those newbies asking questions or answering them actually care about the content of the posts but just that they get paid for posting).
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
April 12, 2015, 07:17:23 AM
I am a Software Engineer myself and even I code but yes, for money as my company pays me for the same.

Anyway - the whole point is not the "ad sigs" themselves but the "stupid pointless posts" that are being made in order to "earn that tiny amount of BTC".

I can agree with your point of view but remember that not all the users here are programmer or computer scientist. So it is normal that the "posts" are low of knowledge .... this is a forum when the people share their ideas and learn from the talent users. I can also agree with you for the quantity of posts but also the forum gain from this "spammy posts" through the visits and waves of the new users every day.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
April 12, 2015, 07:11:58 AM
I am a Software Engineer myself and even I code but yes, for money as my company pays me for the same.

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
April 12, 2015, 06:22:44 AM
I have no users in my ignore list but I choose to what post is worth reading and what post is not. I have seen newbies creating threads and themselves replying to that thread. The Wall Observer thread is the best example for the number of spam posts made that the OP has lost track of which posts to delete and which should be retained. I just get irritated with abusive and nonsense comments and report it and the worst thing is that, the comments aren't deleted.  Undecided

Regarding the 99% signature spammers: Count me as one of the 99% then as I prefer being part of the majority than the HIGHLY INTELLIGENT MINORITY MEMBERS. I am not related to NEWTON. I am a Software Engineer myself and even I code but yes, for money as my company pays me for the same.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
April 12, 2015, 05:47:34 AM
^NLC is most of your 'list' whether you know it or nawt.

Oh; can you imagine...! I didn't know... thank you for this, it never crossed my mind. Tongue
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
April 11, 2015, 06:58:32 PM
Newbie jail won't help, they just make 50 accounts at a time and rotate them out, making new ones as the old ones are banned, and aging them as they use the already created ones. It would only be effective for the first few days. It affects legitimate users more than them.

What would really help is if people would stop responding to the trolling and giving them the attention they want, that's pretty much the sole reason they keep coming back.

Some of them are really funny. Do you ever question their motivation?

@Badbear: Unfortunately; you're right... Sad

Funny trolling is fine by me. I did it in the past by posting trains, CCMF, funny pics etc. The sad thing is that these guys tend to head it to a level that is mentally unacceptable! I mean direct accusations of drug usage, or homosexual & pedo comments on a public forum is simply out of the question for me. He (they) has about 50+ accounts so far promoting just that! This thing is getting really out of hand even for a dedicated and full-time working admin...  Undecided

Motivation? I can't say for sure. Is he after cheap coins? I've pointed out an older strategy that has been followed by elder members in the previous declining prices period on Wall Observer. Is he backed up by a whale? Is he a whale himself? Who knows? One thing's for sure. He has plenty of time in his hands and probably he has to receive for what he's doing. Or he's a mental. Or both... Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
April 11, 2015, 06:50:09 PM
Newbie jail won't help, they just make 50 accounts at a time and rotate them out, making new ones as the old ones are banned, and aging them as they use the already created ones. It would only be effective for the first few days. It affects legitimate users more than them.

What would really help is if people would stop responding to the trolling and giving them the attention they want, that's pretty much the sole reason they keep coming back.

Some of them are really funny. Do you ever question their motivation?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
April 11, 2015, 06:21:40 PM

legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
April 11, 2015, 06:10:58 PM
Thanks guys. I just hope Theymos brings back the Newbie Jail. This thing is just a poor alternative; good thing is that it works. Smiley
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818
April 11, 2015, 04:14:38 PM
Yes, thank you. Thank you for the list and thank you for putting up with the uhh 'responses' that maintaining this list generates.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1186
April 11, 2015, 04:06:53 PM
Thank you for this public service MACSGA, it's a great alternative to the abolished newbie jail.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
April 11, 2015, 07:57:16 AM
How does it feel to be on somebody else's list? Not cool amirite? Lest we forget the teachings of the Lord:

"Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine"

So...you know...stew on that for a bit. Roll Eyes

If you read my posts regarding this list you should -by now- have understood that I don't give a rat's ass who has me on his ignore list. You should do the same... Grin

PS:List updated.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
April 11, 2015, 07:53:31 AM
What an bad idea, Macsga.

For a start:
mmitech (started out a bull, lost money, saw the light and told people they were being stupid and turned out to be correct ...BTC still going down).

ShroomsKit (a number of people used the same account -- they even admitted this was why the posts sounded schizophrenic -- but essentially they all got fed up with losing money)

fonzie (a day trader who made countless good calls about future BTC prices, including Ristos -- all hail Risto -- prediction thread, when he called 200 in mArch 2015, while the rest of you delusionals were talking about 10K)

So, it does seem you are just creating a hit list of people who don't share your opinion.

Of course, there are loads of trolls these days, but is it any wonder when the cultists are becoming more and more extreme in the face of mounting evidence BTC is going nowhere, supply far exceeds demand and the only hope is that "big money" comes in to manipulate the market before another huge 'correction'.

The entire forum is now like an internet slow motion car crash, with people like yourself in the back seat insisting everything is fine while everyone else watches from the safety of the sidewalk.  Do you think Theymos cares?  The traffic is probably through the roof with all the rubber-neckers and he gets to make a few last dollars from BTC.

Hi Nanobrain.

As I said, the list is an ongoing project; and I don't claim the infallible. I'm open to suggestions but let me explain why some people are there:

mmitech: He was constantly insulting people with his posts and/or provoke them. That's why he's into the list.
ShroomsKit: You typed it yourself. He was nothing but noise just like mah87, so he fell into the the >80% troll category.
fonzie: If you check at his posts, he turned delirious and also insulted some people so he fell into category mmitech is.

So you see, "not everyone who's not sharing my opinion is there". Like I wrote in the OP, the list is to keep MYSELF (and whoever wants to use it) free of the noise those people make. The forum is "open", so if you want to read everything you can do so if you don't login. Not to mention that you can just choose not to use it, or (like many people so far) add me to your ignore list as well.

Consider that I offer this list only for people with "similar thinking". Not to "everybody".

Cheers.

PS: BlindMayorBitcorn is out of the list as well.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Dumb broad
April 11, 2015, 12:40:49 AM
What an bad idea, Macsga.

For a start:
mmitech (started out a bull, lost money, saw the light and told people they were being stupid and turned out to be correct ...BTC still going down).

ShroomsKit (a number of people used the same account -- they even admitted this was why the posts sounded schizophrenic -- but essentially they all got fed up with losing money)

fonzie (a day trader who made countless good calls about future BTC prices, including Ristos -- all hail Risto -- prediction thread, when he called 200 in mArch 2015, while the rest of you delusionals were talking about 10K)

So, it does seem you are just creating a hit list of people who don't share your opinion.

Of course, there are loads of trolls these days, but is it any wonder when the cultists are becoming more and more extreme in the face of mounting evidence BTC is going nowhere, supply far exceeds demand and the only hope is that "big money" comes in to manipulate the market before another huge 'correction'.

The entire forum is now like an internet slow motion car crash, with people like yourself in the back seat insisting everything is fine while everyone else watches from the safety of the sidewalk.  Do you think Theymos cares?  The traffic is probably through the roof with all the rubber-neckers and he gets to make a few last dollars from BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
April 10, 2015, 10:28:07 PM
Admittedly I can't back up my 99% claim (so it could be vastly exaggerated) but I would be very surprised if the percentage of useless posts was under 50% (am not sure how we can prove this though).

Personally I am opposed to people getting paid to post at all but maybe that is also because I don't get paid to code (yet put in generally a hundred hours per week of coding effort).

And yes - I won't continue a discussion with an ad-sig poster any further (he is welcome to create an alt to join the other topic - but like most lazy ad-sig posters he won't bother).

Let me get this straight:
1. You're so pissed at people with ad-sig campaigns that you would stop a discussion with them just because of that and not because of what they were talking about.
2. Unless that specific individual would make a sock puppet account (without a sig) your participation to his musings wouldn't be granted?

What's all the hassle about? And why all the hostility? I'm truly sorry that I can't comply, please enlighten me.

How does it feel to be on somebody else's list? Not cool amirite? Lest we forget the teachings of the Lord:

"Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine"

BlatchMajorBitstaff. RIP my friend Cry
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 10, 2015, 09:59:17 PM
Admittedly I can't back up my 99% claim (so it could be vastly exaggerated) but I would be very surprised if the percentage of useless posts was under 50% (am not sure how we can prove this though).

Personally I am opposed to people getting paid to post at all but maybe that is also because I don't get paid to code (yet put in generally a hundred hours per week of coding effort).

And yes - I won't continue a discussion with an ad-sig poster any further (he is welcome to create an alt to join the other topic - but like most lazy ad-sig posters he won't bother).

1. You're so pissed at people with ad-sig campaigns that you would stop a discussion with them just because of that and not because of what they were talking about.
2. Unless that specific individual would make a sock puppet account (without a sig) your participation to his musings wouldn't be granted?

What's all the hassle about? And why all the hostility? I'm truly sorry that I can't comply, please enlighten me.

legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
April 10, 2015, 04:33:12 PM

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
April 10, 2015, 03:38:12 PM
I really don't understand why  ad-sigs are allowed here. This is something very easy
to ban, so if there are people spending any time at all moderating this forum, they could
do it easily...

If signature campaigns are banned, they'll simply be orchestrated outside of the forum.
Since it would be wrong to ban a user for passionately supporting of his favorite ponzi / HYIP free of charge, the funding of signature campaigns will simply be take off-site.

This is a bad thing; uninitiated users will assume the eyeraping signatures attached to every post aren't there because the poster is being paid. These innocents will think the ads are there because so many people genuinely love the dice sites / ponzis /HYIPs in their signatures.

TL:DR: pretty much the logic behind allowing buying /selling forum accounts.
Pages:
Jump to: