Pages:
Author

Topic: The next Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 2620 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 07, 2017, 03:33:11 PM
Dear Bitcointalk community,
we all love Bitcoin because it has some great features, but what will happen when another cryptocurrency will be used as much as Bitcoin? Mainly because it has all the things Bitcoin offers but better?
I wrote an article about this idea on Steemit and I would like to hear the opinion of some Bitcoinveterans.
Please tell me what you think and don't hold back your criticism.

https://steemit.com/crypto/@lumining/the-next-bitcoin
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
September 07, 2017, 03:06:19 PM
Talking about a new bitcoin makes no sense since no project has the ambition to replace it. These are all different and mostly complementary projects. It is enough to study the blockchain of ethereum to understand the new features it offers ... If the question is to know which crypto has the ability to exceed the bitcoin in terms of market cap, then we probably will not be able to never answer it, at least in this life  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
September 07, 2017, 02:43:54 PM
we all love Bitcoin because it has some great features, but what will happen when another cryptocurrency will be used as much as Bitcoin? Mainly because it has all the things Bitcoin offers but better?
I wrote an article about this idea on Steemit and I would like to hear the opinion of some Bitcoinveterans.

The steemit article is just promoting DeepOnion as the next Bitcoin, completely glancing over the huge demand for an open ledger and the flaw of dependency on Tor, essentially you can achieve the same by running Bitcoin over Tor.
Technically Monero is way way better in every aspect, DeepOnion doesn't even remotely start to compare to Monero when it comes to anonymity or security.

I agree that Monero can be a big thing, but i very much doubt it will surpass Bitcoin even though it offers optional transparency when desired by both parties.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
September 07, 2017, 02:27:55 PM

I think the purpose of all ico is to be a popular coin, they are designing in such a way, with great innovation.
but the constraints that occur in the market is not easy to compete with bitcoin. even to get into rank 10 it takes a full struggle.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 500
September 07, 2017, 01:56:46 PM
Just as I thought, this thread is about some altcoins stuff. Anyway I do not think that what is writted in the article will happen.  First it should go to mainstream, for that to happen anonymity should be abandoned.  Government and finance institution will more likely suppress this altcoin just like monero, Dash and other anon coins.  The altcoin that was introduced in OP's article will never go to the level of Bitcoin adoption because there are already existing altcoins that have that features so no news there.  I do not think that the next Bitcoin had been made yet.
Activity: 602
September 07, 2017, 01:36:51 PM
This level of trust in Bitcoin and its value is based on nothing more than its history, anybody fresh off the street and has never heard of Bitcoin and it's been asked to pick a coin in the entire list of coins that they would trust to hold value over night, or over the course of 30 days would be very likely to pick Bitcoin.

Now, as far as purchasing items that are not part of the cryptocurrency world, and mostly outside the online world, bitcoin' is the best choice simply because because it was their first, there's been at least 3 years of solid work on trying to get Bitcoin accepted in more and more environments.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
September 06, 2017, 02:17:19 PM
This level of trust in Bitcoin and its value is based on nothing more than its history, anybody fresh off the street and has never heard of Bitcoin and it's been asked to pick a coin in the entire list of coins that they would trust to hold value over night, or over the course of 30 days would be very likely to pick Bitcoin.
Activity: 798
September 06, 2017, 11:11:00 AM
People use bitcoin exchanges to hold value because they trust value is not going down they know that if it's going to lose anybody at all it might be a $100 value and it's going to go right back up within a few days. That way when they're exchanging cryptocurrencies, they don't have to keep going straight for Fiat into the exchange and then back out again losing money in The Exchange every time, they also know they don't have to leave it in a crypto-currency that they do not fully trust waking up in the morning to find all of their money gone.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
September 06, 2017, 11:09:48 AM
Yes I really depends on what you mean by used. Firstly, the biggest use of bitcoin right now, it's simply to hold value on an exchange. This can be because that values be used to trade other cryptocurrencies, or it can't be because the Bitcoin is coming from a revenue source and being held there until finally being exchanged to Fiat. The secondary largest use would of course be to purchase items. Each has a different reason for its current level of popularity.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
September 06, 2017, 09:17:10 AM
Too late to say this now. Bitcoin can not be defeated by a similar coin. Even BCH, once tried it and failed.
Is there any other way ?, maybe China can do it as it is today. China makes panic and BTC down. but BTC is stable again, this is a good sign.
Activity: 714
September 06, 2017, 08:01:31 AM
Right now, bitcoin is still the main crypto currency around, not only because it was the first of its kind, but also because of the support behind it. I think that will remain that way for as long as development does not stagnate and more people are encouraged to explore and take part in the bitcoin community. With the market cap continously increasing, I am confident that it will be the go-to crypto currency for many years to come.
Activity: 293
Merit: 100
September 06, 2017, 07:36:13 AM

For me no one can replace to bitcoin. Theres lot of cryptocurrency but bitcoin is the useful one. I think no one try to compete to bitcoin because bitcoin is much better.
My vote also goes to bitcoins because no other crypto currency has the power that bitcoin possesses. Bitcoin is the mother of all digital currencies and it is most expensive among all of them. Ripples, Eth, BCC, LTC etc don't have potential to beat bitcoins, not in near thousand years.
Yes, me either. I believe in bitcoin. It is the father of all altcoins. Nothing beats the original crypto currency. Though another cyrpto currency will suffice, the trust in bitcoin will never be defeated. It has the highest market cap for now and its price will continue to rise. As Bill Gates says, bitcoin is unstoppable.!
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
September 06, 2017, 07:24:54 AM
There is no crypto currency to beat bitcoin even some says ethereum but its noit because of its huge supply once bitcoin reached 21 million mining finished then no one can stop bitcoin price to raise . Bitcoin is the ultimate currency for buying any other altcoins and most of the countries holding bitcoin exchanges.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
September 06, 2017, 06:48:47 AM

For me no one can replace to bitcoin. Theres lot of cryptocurrency but bitcoin is the useful one. I think no one try to compete to bitcoin because bitcoin is much better.
My vote also goes to bitcoins because no other crypto currency has the power that bitcoin possesses. Bitcoin is the mother of all digital currencies and it is most expensive among all of them. Ripples, Eth, BCC, LTC etc don't have potential to beat bitcoins, not in near thousand years.
Activity: 420
Merit: 256
اللعنة
September 04, 2017, 03:59:46 AM

I don't think there will be such thing as "NEXT BITCOIN". There's no doubt bitcoin is "the father of all cryptocurrencies". Miners won't let that happen mainly because all other altcoins depend on th  value of bitcoin. If the question is "What is the next big thing on cryptocurrency?", then my answer would be ETHEREUM and LITECOIN (but I son't see these two altcoins beating the BITCOIN.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
September 04, 2017, 03:47:25 AM
recently BTC's bro BCC is so hot and the battle of BCC and BTC last week seems that BCC is kind of potential , it is uncertain if BCC will replace BTC in the future.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
September 04, 2017, 03:46:39 AM
If that cryptocurrency will exist and if that will outperform bitcoin then it is still okay for me because there is no big deal for me even i though i am more like a bitcoin fan but my main priority is to earn money here in the internet so if there will be a next bitcoin then i will go for it and i will use it more often than bitcoin to sustain the profit that i want to get.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
September 04, 2017, 03:42:29 AM
bitcoin is the highest coin among than other coins, i think this scenario about bitcoin goes to second place of all coin thats imposiible, bitcoin are the king of all coin no one can get the position of bitcoin as a king of altcoin. the proof bitcoin is now very strong value in the world of crypto currency, and bitcoin has very popular and i think continue the popularization around the world as decentralized cryptocurency.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 04, 2017, 03:23:39 AM
Bitcoin cash is trying to. But if there will be a next bitcoin, I am betting on Ether.

Cheers  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
September 04, 2017, 03:07:18 AM
In the near future if any cryptocurrency can replace the 1st place of bitcoin I think it only can be ETH but it's hard to know what will happen in the next 10 or 20 years but I think with limited number of bitcoin its price will keep increasing year by year Cheesy

Ethereum will never replace Bitcoin. You must be dreaming! If that would happen, it would mean that people doesn't give a damn about finnancial sovereignty and monetary freedom. The whole crypto space would be a big failure and blockchain would be a useless tool and have failed. However dummies will still drink the koolaid and believe all the marketing shit by crypto corporations who could very easily become the next google, amazon and microsoft then. Centralistic control and monopolistic power would increase even more.
If Bitcoin fails or gets replaced by one of those governed and highly centralized, premined altcoins, it's all a big failure.
Only if another true decentralized coin would come out of nowhere I would continue to have hope for that space.
Pages:
Jump to: