Pages:
Author

Topic: The next Bitcoin? - page 6. (Read 2620 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 403
September 02, 2017, 12:51:08 PM
Dear Bitcointalk community,
we all love Bitcoin because it has some great features, but what will happen when another cryptocurrency will be used as much as Bitcoin? Mainly because it has all the things Bitcoin offers but better?
I wrote an article about this idea on Steemit and I would like to hear the opinion of some Bitcoinveterans.
Please tell me what you think and don't hold back your criticism.

https://steemit.com/crypto/@lumining/the-next-bitcoin

I actually don't think that this thing your saying will really happen. Because what ever the future better coin you are saying can always be beaten by bitcoin because whatever better things that coin have, bitcoin can also have. That is why the devs are working hard to imorove bitcoin more and more each day. And as a person, i trust bitcoin morethan any alternative coin out there. And would really choose it over any other coin because it has experience it has already proven its strengths and that all of its weaknesses has solutions. That is why i think a pop up coin wont be able to beat bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1079
September 02, 2017, 12:08:03 PM
we all love Bitcoin because it has some great features, but what will happen when another cryptocurrency will be used as much as Bitcoin? Mainly because it has all the things Bitcoin offers but better?
I wrote an article about this idea on Steemit and I would like to hear the opinion of some Bitcoinveterans.

Bitcoin is basically a revolutionary idea based on blockchain technology and all the cryptos after bitcoin are just reproducing this technology. Bitcoin obviously has the first comer advantage. Do agree that some of the cryptocurrencies integrated additional features, be it enhanced privacy, smart contracts, niche coins like targeting real estate, cloud storage etc, but global recognition is entirely different from what extra other coins are offering, first comer advantage.

The basis of all cryptos is blockchain technology and if I am right bitcoin can be tweaked to add additional features. First comer, cryptos based on the same technology as bitcoin, so basically if bitcoin fails, all other cryptos would fail. I might be wrong, hope not.

When gold standard was abandoned and Fiat system took over did gold lost its value? No.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
September 02, 2017, 11:59:31 AM
Everything gona be fine if those currencies will have equal price but i don't think it will happen. To make some currency that will compete with BTC you need to make it better. If someone will find any ways to improve BTC then devs will do it. If there will be a better currency then it will be the most expansive one. Don't think that there is a place for more than 1 leader.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
September 02, 2017, 11:33:12 AM
There is a possibility that users will deny it as they already assured that bitcoin has a great features, people will pick bitcoin over the new crypto because it is safer way and they know that bitcoin is a good investment and already reach the furthest.
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
Learner for Life!
September 02, 2017, 11:28:13 AM
Bitcoin will be the DAD always, as it has the first comer advantage.

All the rest have potential and can only be child.

Eth, Ltc, etc have great potential, and will have a significant market capital in coming time.

Some of the new coins will emerge in the coming years if their roadmap is met or some other good news comes out.
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
September 02, 2017, 11:18:44 AM

I see Etherum have potential if they have faster transaction confirmation from any coin in the world..
Activity: 378
Merit: 260
Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin
September 02, 2017, 11:16:30 AM
Bitcoin is already better than gold and is going to be better than fiat money. It can upgrade if need something became "better". New coins can't compete today and will not in the future because at this time BTC will be HUGE.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 02, 2017, 10:57:43 AM

Pages:
Jump to: