Pages:
Author

Topic: The next Bitcoin? - page 5. (Read 2620 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
September 02, 2017, 03:20:28 PM
Dear Bitcointalk community,
we all love Bitcoin because it has some great features, but what will happen when another cryptocurrency will be used as much as Bitcoin? Mainly because it has all the things Bitcoin offers but better?
I wrote an article about this idea on Steemit and I would like to hear the opinion of some Bitcoinveterans.
Please tell me what you think and don't hold back your criticism.

https://steemit.com/crypto/@lumining/the-next-bitcoin
We have seen several alt coins coming out to say they are better than bitcoin but unfortunately they have not been able to live up to expectation. Let's just hope we see that one which I am sire everybody  will know but until then, there is no point going beyond the time and predicting the future.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 02, 2017, 03:08:08 PM
The next Bitcoin? maybe one day there will be Crypto which will take Bitcoin seat, but many persons believe bitcoin. and to replace it need more than 20 years. There is Crypto which has great potentials in the future: Monero. Ether. Litecoin
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
September 02, 2017, 02:58:26 PM
Its possible, but its going to take time and ticking a lot of boxes. We will see
Activity: 588
September 02, 2017, 02:51:12 PM
Real chance - monero. Full anonymous transfer. I think it can second btc.. But btc will be as gold now in fiat currency

What about DeepOnion? Apparently it is slightly better than Monero in some ways. It is new though and most people haven't heard of it, but it is growing every day!
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
September 02, 2017, 02:31:53 PM
Real chance - monero. Full anonymous transfer. I think it can second btc.. But btc will be as gold now in fiat currency
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
September 02, 2017, 02:28:33 PM
Whatever coin comes to existence, it will never  ever replace bitcoins.
Even if it has better features, btc will remain the leader as it's what came first and what people actually care about.

All other altcoins don't have any usage in real life. They are only traded against bitcoins for profits.
I still can't understand what kinda "features" you're talking about ? Btc already has all that it needs. If there are some issues, they may can be solved by applying improvements by the devs.

It's what introduced the blockchain technology to the world and all the others are just copying it in one way or another.

Lol this takes me back to a company called Nokia, remember them ? . Now these guys were the pioneers of cellphones and held the largest market share with their symbian os cellphones. Along came a new comer and announced that they would too launch a cellphone to market, that company was apple. They were ridiculed and scoffed at and continuously frowned upon for their Idea of a cellphone. Nonetheless apple launched their phone and the rest was History, where is that pioneer that thought nothing could ever replace it ?

Never say never........

Agreed with you, we can not deny the possibility. But that currency should have some additional features other than bitcoins; still it will take lot of years to gain the trust of the people and takeover the position of bitcoins.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
September 02, 2017, 02:26:47 PM
It's possible this could happen one day, but right now I am not worried about it. Perhaps in the future there will be one though.
Activity: 322
September 02, 2017, 02:20:50 PM
Even if it has better features, btc will remain the leader as it's what came first and what people actually care about.

All other altcoins don't have any usage in real life. They are only traded against bitcoins for profits.
I still can't understand what kinda "features" you're talking about ? Btc already has all that it needs. If there are some issues, they may can be solved by applying improvements by the devs.

It's what introduced the blockchain technology to the world and all the others are just copying it in one way or another.

Lol this takes me back to a company called Nokia, remember them ? . Now these guys were the pioneers of cellphones and held the largest market share with their symbian os cellphones. Along came a new comer and announced that they would too launch a cellphone to market, that company was apple. They were ridiculed and scoffed at and continuously frowned upon for their Idea of a cellphone. Nonetheless apple launched their phone and the rest was History, where is that pioneer that thought nothing could ever replace it ?

Never say never........

Wow this might just be the best answer you give. Many people kept sticking to the old Nokia phones, parents didn't buy the nuw stuff to their kids because the parents did not use it either.
But at one point in time the opinion of the people changed and by now, everyone switched from Nokia to iPhone.
I think it's probable that cryptocurrencies can follow the same trend.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
September 02, 2017, 02:03:53 PM
It will be hard to see a cryptocurrency which will be used as much as bitcoin  or which will take the number 1 spot from bitcoin on coin capital market cause bitcoin has already go globe include it atm and a lot of government have signed it into their law bill. However, if it happen that another cryptocurrency is been used as much as bitcoin such thing will create competition in the system.
Activity: 672
September 02, 2017, 01:57:19 PM

Never say never........
Activity: 322
September 02, 2017, 01:52:53 PM
Bitcoin might not be replaced entirely, that's not what I wanted to point out with my article BUT the next booming cryptocurrency will most likely follow the path of Bitcoin very close, don't you think?
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
September 02, 2017, 01:46:23 PM

I think we should believe in the action as compared to speculation. With that said I believe bitcoin has already proven itself by taking huge leap in the market. The price is off the charts, investors are leaning more towards to bitcoin than any other coin now. I think there is less chances for any other coin to go that much high now. Bitcoin has already achieved the highest level and there is no coin coming that way.

dvy
Activity: 948
Merit: 104
Vaas DeepOnion Moderator
September 02, 2017, 01:42:32 PM
John McAfee said that 500.000 will be the price in the 2020..
-McAfee stated how he will “eat his d*ck on national television” if the price doesn’t hit US$500,000-
Thats a real pump!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 02, 2017, 01:35:48 PM
most currencies are traded in pairs with BTC, that will always be the case. However with the predicted 1 trillion that will flood the market in 2018... the top 20 could look very different.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
September 02, 2017, 01:17:27 PM
Bitcoin will be still king and I believe it will be number one for all the crypto in the next fre years or maybe decades . No one can try to reach what bitcoin can do like bitcoin price yesterday already reached 5k dollars but as of now the price is 4600 dollars but I believe it will back again to the price of 5k dollars. Thats why bitcoin will be king because many investor trust and invest to this coin so it will become stronger everyear.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
September 02, 2017, 01:12:06 PM
Well written article, but I disagree with the premise. Its all good and dandy looking to invest in another coin for cheap hoping the value increases with time. In my humble opinion, youcan sae your self the esearch and worries by simply buying a fraction of bitcoin and you will still make massive profits on your $100 investment, if you live long enough.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
September 02, 2017, 01:11:14 PM
Bitcoin is already better than gold and is going to be better than fiat money. It can upgrade if need something became "better". New coins can't compete today and will not in the future because at this time BTC will be HUGE.
I want it too, but you can never relax. New coins appear later and could take into account all of the negative aspects of bitcoin. We see how difficult bitcoin is changing. This can be a problem for him. But if we add another war against him, governments and banks?
Activity: 728
Merit: 537
September 02, 2017, 01:07:07 PM

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
September 02, 2017, 01:03:51 PM
It is a very real possibility that something could come along and replace Bitcoin. The short history of tech shows us that being first to market is no guaranty of continued dominance. It hasn't happened yet, although some altcoins are getting some traction, particularly with improved anonymity. That is not to say that it is inevitable that it will lose it's place either. Bitcoin could see off all comers for ever more.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
September 02, 2017, 12:56:45 PM
Bitcoin is still a good choice for me  Cheesy
if i choose the strongest candidate to be the next bitcoin, i think ethereum has an opportunity for it
Pages:
Jump to: