Pages:
Author

Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread - page 28. (Read 165272 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Not sure if there are any Mastercoin devs left but if there are then there is AT (http://ciyam.org/at) and also a 20 BTC bounty to get it implemented here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/20-btc-bounty-for-first-at-atomic-cross-chain-transfer-with-script-clone-826263.

There are. And if someone complete this in lets say 1 year, then they do that better in 5 year. (if you donate first 2000 BTC for development work.)
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Not sure if there are any Mastercoin devs left but if there are then there is AT (http://ciyam.org/at) and also a 20 BTC bounty to get it implemented here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/20-btc-bounty-for-first-at-atomic-cross-chain-transfer-with-script-clone-826263.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
It would appear that XCP has dranken Mastercoin's milkshake.
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
is MSC still have a clear and solid plan to develop?
look at xcp.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

Yes, well- maybe even I am beating a dead horse here.......
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

[]http://a.gifb.in/052011/1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif[/img]

Exactly.
legendary
Activity: 910
legendary
I don't think such an idea would get much traction. At least, I hope not. I paid for my coins like everybody else.

Regardless, I seriously doubt a divided camp would be more effective than a united one.

I absolutely agree- you did pay for them fair and square, but don't you think at this point that perhaps it's too many? As the coins aren't worth much these days, and the volume is negligible, if coins represent a sense of ownership and commitment- then the enthusiasm is rather centralized in your wallet. I know the foundation continues to labor forth, but so much of the community has left.  If the project really is the future, even a fraction of what you hold is a future fortune. But if holding onto every last coin means there is no future for the project- then whats the point? Counterparty is winning this the same way bitcoin is winning this: every single day the distance between the front runner and the runner up widens. If you were to half your holdings- perhaps do a crowd sale with those coins  to raise more funds, I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all that's been done here, and I certainly appreciate the timely updates on the blog- but unless there is a secret mailing list I don't know about that is alive and buzzing, the community here is gone. No matter how fantastic the software is- we won't go anywhere if no one uses it.
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
I don't think such an idea would get much traction. At least, I hope not. I paid for my coins like everybody else.

Regardless, I seriously doubt a divided camp would be more effective than a united one.

JR, remember when you said you would buy your coins at the end of the crowdsale as not to collect a huge bonus? You can correct your greedy mistake by burning 30% of your coins now.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance

legendary
Strange- what exactly is it that you want from the mastercoin project? You seem permanently dissatisfied, yet considering MSC is nearly worthless at this point, I don't get what is exactly motivating you forward. I can't imagine the price could dunked farther then it already has gone as for people still holding its worthless to try and sell now, so you can't be playing a 'scoop it up cheap' game. So whats your angle? You don't have any suggestions of how to move forward, and all the other trolls have long since moved on. So whats the point?

Fair question. It has come to the point where there is no more point.

As one of the first investors, my incentive to fund this project was not to enrich JR but to encourage new technologies to experiment on the block chain. In this regard, mastercoin has exceeded my expectations with the new round of bitcoin 2.0 projects.

Unfortunately, some very questionable people got involved with the mastercoin foundation and just had one thing on their minds. Get rich quick. This mindset drove mastercoin into the ground. JR and Ron spent the first 6 months popping champagne bottles instead of actually organizing the development of the project. This lead to countless missed opportunities. Very capable developers were rejected by the foundation to actually produce a daemon because JR was so high on his horse, claiming that project for himself. Personal issues aside, JR is not a leader.

Now a year later, a lot has changed. The devs are on the right track but they have no organizational skills. There is no project leader. And most of all there is no money left. There is no incentive to rewrite the omni and the msc daemon as funds are month to month now. The current devs have very little investment in mastercoins, or their success. There are other projects that are well funded and head hunters are hounding them.

Now for why i spout so much crap. NO ONE ELSE WAS!

If you listened to anyone from the foundation, everything was rosy. Always on schedule, making huge progress every day. Huge investors and startups were moments away from announcing they were going to adopt and build on mastercoin. All wishful thinking and some outright lies.

The foundation, though claiming to be open, were far from it. They hid all the infighting from the investors. They hid all the financial problems and still to this day are hiding their problems.

Couple last words: I, like most investors, put capital towards this idea and not the people behind it(which in my book, the #1 rule, which i broke). This is one rare occasion where overlooking the people felt worth the risk as it just needed to be done. I am not sore I invested as I believe in the evolution of projects mastercoin has spawned.

legendary
Remaining BTC has been sent to David Johnston, for paying the people working on the protocol. The RBB tab is out-of-date though and does not show these funds yet.

Future funding is coming from our sponsors, as David described in the blog post.

To the tune of $200k per month, to maintain current burn rate?

edit: "refactoring" is a nice fuzzy term for abandoning code and writing it again. Essentially omni is so buggy, it requires a full rewrite. Just another mastercoin foundation product to add to the list of crap code.

edit2: As far as I can see, the remaining BTC have not been sent. They are still sitting in the cold wallets created by this transaction. When are you guys going to tell the truth?

https://blockchain.info/tx/41bf29ec81143c3c50b464e10487abba36aab07591792ddebe2a22458d15847a

“When it becomes serious, you have to lie." -Jean Claude Juncker JR

Strange- what exactly is it that you want from the mastercoin project? You seem permanently dissatisfied, yet considering MSC is nearly worthless at this point, I don't get what is exactly motivating you forward. I can't imagine the price could dunked farther then it already has gone as for people still holding its worthless to try and sell now, so you can't be playing a 'scoop it up cheap' game. So whats your angle? You don't have any suggestions of how to move forward, and all the other trolls have long since moved on. So whats the point?
Remaining BTC has been sent to David Johnston, for paying the people working on the protocol. The RBB tab is out-of-date though and does not show these funds yet.

Future funding is coming from our sponsors, as David described in the blog post.

To the tune of $200k per month, to maintain current burn rate?

edit: "refactoring" is a nice fuzzy term for abandoning code and writing it again. Essentially omni is so buggy, it requires a full rewrite. Just another mastercoin foundation product to add to the list of crap code.

edit2: As far as I can see, the remaining BTC have not been sent. They are still sitting in the cold wallets created by this transaction. When are you guys going to tell the truth?

https://blockchain.info/tx/41bf29ec81143c3c50b464e10487abba36aab07591792ddebe2a22458d15847a

“When it becomes serious, you have to lie." -Jean Claude Juncker JR
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance

legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
What does this mean?

"Overall Balance   139.991883068635   <- Does not include some funds moved to RBB tab (yet)   "

Can we please get the status on the last cold wallet of 1000 btc?

This is a top secret information, you are not allowed to know it.

What is with the fascination about how much money is left? You already basically know the answer: Not much. And at todays BTC prices whats left doesn't last very long. So........

Yeah, so they go funding again.  Maybe they can get farther and talk a little less game this time.  sheesh

Real question:  Does JR even code for pulling a salary?
legendary
What does this mean?

"Overall Balance   139.991883068635   <- Does not include some funds moved to RBB tab (yet)   "

What is with the fascination about how much money is left? You already basically know the answer: Not much. And at todays BTC prices whats left doesn't last very long. So........
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
What does this mean?

What does this mean?

legendary

Sidechains will make everything obsolete.

I doubt that- what we are witnessing is that the blockchain can be used for so.many.things that the future is going to be very polycoin, if still all based on bitcoin. The bitcoin blockchain will be the infrastructure that the internet of tomorrow runs on.

Pages:
Jump to: