Pages:
Author

Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread - page 40. (Read 165272 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
I've posted a thread up in the main part of bitcointalk asking for Bitcoin 2.0 technologies like Mastercoin be moved out of the Alt-Coin section. I think it would be helpful if people were to show support for moving us out of alt-coins which will give us a better chance to coordinate and discuss outside of this cesspool.

EDIT: Nevermind: the powers that be were swift in burying the post down in Meta/other so no one can see it.

Bitcoin has an innovation problem: people don't want to innovate with it.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Mastercore better be outstanding and addictive or else this whole venture will be marginalized into oblivion.

When mastercore is out?

My counter is negative......

This is crazy, msc devs do everything that people dont even know dump or not. This new mastercoin can be only joke or something what is coming after ~months. How is possible dev team not even now speak here when all is crashing and investors, new companys who find place make ipo etc is reading this topic. This is not even possible anymore.

Actually I think the counter is javascript and might be influenced by your time zone. I'm in Central European time, so maybe that makes a difference.

I mean honestly though, price really isn't SUCH an important indicator here. Although it might affect people's decision to use mastercoin, it doesn't affect the usability of mastercoin. As long as they keep developing, I don't really mind the low price. Actually- I just bought back in. Remember: Panic when people are greedy, be greedy when people panic.

:-)

I have buy today and yesterday back in also or first time actually. But problem is there anyone no inform what here is happening Grin
legendary
Mastercore better be outstanding and addictive or else this whole venture will be marginalized into oblivion.

When mastercore is out?

This is crazy, msc devs do everything that people dont even know dump or not. This new mastercoin can be only joke or something what is coming after ~months. How is possible dev team not even now speak here when all is crashing and investors, new companys who find place make ipo etc is reading this topic. This is not even possible anymore.

Actually I think the counter is javascript and might be influenced by your time zone. I'm in Central European time, so maybe that makes a difference.

I mean honestly though, price really isn't SUCH an important indicator here. Although it might affect people's decision to use mastercoin, it doesn't affect the usability of mastercoin. As long as they keep developing, I don't really mind the low price. Actually- I just bought back in. Remember: Panic when people are greedy, be greedy when people panic.

:-)

When mastercore is out?

legendary

When mastercore is out?

When mastercore is out?
legendary
Alternatively, we should not be in this position to begin with.  The large head start and funding should have solidified its position but with nothing much happening for a year and talent loss left and right, we find ourselves most likely nearing a valuation of counterparty for the foreseeable future.  Mastercore better be outstanding and addictive or else this whole venture will be marginalized into oblivion.

We are already below Counterparty.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Alternatively, we should not be in this position to begin with.  The large head start and funding should have solidified its position but with nothing much happening for a year and talent loss left and right, we find ourselves most likely nearing a valuation of counterparty for the foreseeable future.  Mastercore better be outstanding and addictive or else this whole venture will be marginalized into oblivion.
legendary
Mastercoin at ipo was around $1 and now it's $4.50 $3.49 $3.31. It has been a great investment.

it's  now 0.006 btc below ipo 0.01  (buying slowly)

I think we are bound to see it go much lower before there's a chance of a real turn around. To be fair though, having the opportunity to leave something like MSC at the same price, or almost the same price you got into at is a pretty amazing opportunity. How fortunate would people be to have not LOST money.
legendary
I think the Mastercoin/Counterparty talk here is interesting. We have open communication channels between our projects, but I haven't heard any serious proposals along merging projects yet. However, given the huge number of people and projects doing this 2.0 stuff, some pruning and merging seems likely at some point. My personal expectation is that one of the projects will get REALLY big, and then absorb/buy the others in order to get their people and sub-projects. Obviously I hope it will be Mastercoin which absorbs/buys the others Smiley

The Mastercoin team has been making amazing progress while I've been on medical leave, and I'm super-excited for the Master Core release tomorrow.

Written from the children's hospital, where I have been taking an unanticipated very deep dive into the world of neurosurgery and neurology . . .

I am very sorry that you're having to go through this. Best of luck!

I think someone should consider carefully the idea/potential of merging with Counterparty. Bitcoin 2.0 technologies aren't so rocket-science that a private corporation couldn't enter and just re-do the whole thing. Unlike traditional Alt-coins or blockchain coins, you don't need some sort of critical mass to make/break your project. Even two people using mastercoin the system is just as secure as a million.

I know Mastercoin has a bigger treasure chest, but Counterparty has got the momentum. If we could bring the two together, while they are still young, the combined energy of the two teams could get some really amazing stuff done.
Activity: 449
Merit: 250
Mastercoin at ipo was around $1 and now it's $4.50 $3.49 $3.31. It has been a great investment.

it's  now 0.006 btc below ipo 0.01  (buying slowly)
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
I think the Mastercoin/Counterparty talk here is interesting. We have open communication channels between our projects, but I haven't heard any serious proposals along merging projects yet. However, given the huge number of people and projects doing this 2.0 stuff, some pruning and merging seems likely at some point. My personal expectation is that one of the projects will get REALLY big, and then absorb/buy the others in order to get their people and sub-projects. Obviously I hope it will be Mastercoin which absorbs/buys the others Smiley

The Mastercoin team has been making amazing progress while I've been on medical leave, and I'm super-excited for the Master Core release tomorrow.

Written from the children's hospital, where I have been taking an unanticipated very deep dive into the world of neurosurgery and neurology . . .

What hospital are you at? I would like to send you a care package.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance

I would like to nominate littleblue as the ceo of the new mastercoin foundation.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Can anyone tell me why mastercoin would be around in a year when the foundation will run out of money in 8 months? That is why overstock is going with counterparty.
Counterparty is already out of money.  So in 8 months, Mastercoin will be right where they are.  The head of CounterParty is a hard worker.  The head of Mastercoin is a buffoon with no social skills and probably even less management skills.  No amount of money will fix a project with bad leadership.  Counterparty did all that on zero budget - Mastercoin blew up $5 million dollars making silly payments to each other and nobody did any genuine work under any real plan. 

JR should have made it a requirement that for everyone getting paid, a days work ends with a 5 minute progress post in the forum.  You don't get paid for the day, unless you take 5 minutes to describe what it was you were working on at the end of your work day.  This way, we'd all know what was being done when and we'd have all seen long ago where the 'no progress' was occurring. 
Can anyone tell me why mastercoin would be around in a year when the foundation will run out of money in 8 months? That is why overstock is going with counterparty.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Yes now JR better call to Overstock CO, Obama and Putler. Now we need real coins and usd save MSC.

I make bet with counterparty that new Master Core is late!

I'm ready to take that bet.

You bet against?

Is mastercore released yet? (The countdown at mastercoin.org is negative.)

Can you say something positive about mastercoin?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Yes now JR better call to Overstock CO, Obama and Putler. Now we need real coins and usd save MSC.

I make bet with counterparty that new Master Core is late!

I'm ready to take that bet.
Pages:
Jump to: