Pages:
Author

Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread - page 6. (Read 165237 times)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250
Abysmal volume == The market has spoken. Buy at your own risk. Marketcap isn't a reliable indicator for future "success". If anything, it only points to how many people were duped.

But keep on rationalizing the token du jour.... lol

Price is up. Volume is over a quarter of a mil. Something IS going on as volume has been only a few hundred or a few thousand for well over a year.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Looks like the market is saying something interesting at the moment.  Not sure what that means....  Maybe there should be a book or movie called "The curious case of Mastercoin" or should I say Omni.

Interesting.....
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Abysmal volume == The market has spoken. Buy at your own risk. Marketcap isn't a reliable indicator for future "success". If anything, it only points to how many people were duped.

But keep on rationalizing the token du jour.... lol

Activity: 10
Yeah, if you look purely on the stats, OMNI looks under-evaluated.

If you see something undervalued, it is better to buy than to run around blabbing about it.  Go buy Omni if it is undervalued.  If you don't buy, then it is not undervalued.
Activity: 58
Yeah, if you look purely on the stats, OMNI looks under-evaluated.

src:
https://twitter.com/Beetcoin/status/762673021412868096
https://twitter.com/Beetcoin/status/762711552902455296

Where I can see Omni network all the time transaction amount?
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
Activity: 10
Congrats Omni for support Bitfinex and do BFX token for them.

Oh nice!
Another top 20 market cap traded token on the bitcoin blockchain.
Activity: 58
Congrats Omni for support Bitfinex and do BFX token for them.
Activity: 399
Merit: 105

let me dig up some real old skeletons... ethereum stole away some of the best developers mastercoin had.  
JR said "Ethereum is a 'boil the ocean' approach" - way too many attack vectors.  Turned out he was right.  Just the first attack is a major nightmare that put the entire system into chaos.  Chaos that gets more complex each day with yet new attack vectors on the solution to the attack - i.e. the replay attacks on the prongs of the recent fork.  Ethereum has a very complex future.  Might work.  Might explode.

Omni still have a remarkable position.  It is Bitcoin - with minor added features.  It is 'Bitcoin+'  Even simple Bitcoin is still being 'built out'.  The infrastructure is not here yet (wallets, exchanges, et cetera).  It is going to take a LONG time.  For 1990 to 2000, the Internet truly sucked.  Omni will mature alongside and offer great extension on the Bitcoin blockchain.  They just need to keep the devs interested and working and get new dev talent to join.  5 years from now, Omni could be very important.  

The stupid pump-and-dump of typical alts is a distraction.  The idea that we 'have to get the price up' is poison.  We just have to get the function up.  The price will come up naturally after that.  If you love pump-and-dump, go buy Steem; maybe even DeOS.  
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
One of the first ICOs that sadly lead into many others. They should have killed this one so much sooner and maybe spared the community the future BS.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
These "idiots" were the community and backers of this project, HUGELY funded which opened the door for more other great projects to enter the Bitcoin space.
The problem was, that they undervalued the community and took it for granted, at least that's what I felt.. I was here from day one, and watched the whole movie (or the few pictured that leaked out).. and JRs' action(and leaving) was the knock-out move.

MSC was so strong but now it is almost dead. The most disappointing project with so much money raised in ICO, what a shame!
brand new
Activity: 0
Activity: 669
Are there any greater developments in process?

Despite everything, development has continue for a long time. There's been a lot of development recently.

The next version is coming out and will offer some greatly anticipated features on the DEX. I understand this is about 1 week away.

It was 1 week away 2.5 years ago.
Activity: 42
Are there any greater developments in process?

Despite everything, development has continue for a long time. There's been a lot of development recently.

The next version is coming out and will offer some greatly anticipated features on the DEX. I understand this is about 1 week away.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
These "idiots" were the community and backers of this project, HUGELY funded which opened the door for more other great projects to enter the Bitcoin space.
The problem was, that they undervalued the community and took it for granted, at least that's what I felt.. I was here from day one, and watched the whole movie (or the few pictured that leaked out).. and JRs' action(and leaving) was the knock-out move.

let me dig up some real old skeletons... ethereum stole away some of the best developers mastercoin had.  these guys were paid very handsomely and their departure helped crash the price (it was over $100m if you remember correctly).

meanwhile i was forced into writing blogs about how the DEX was delayed once again... by the time JR mastercoin had been walking dead for a while.

oddly enough what happened to "TheDAO" could not have happened using something like Mastercoin.

sometimes you have to laugh at the things life throws at you. forgive and move on.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
You certainly and obviously know that writing on a forum is not a proof. It is as worthy than any scammer brain fart.

Care to sign it your msc addresses on the blockchain? 

I'm just stating my intention, as I have repeatedly before in various contexts. Not trying to make a binding contract or prove anything.

But but.. I thought you said you are selling mastercoins(omni) to work full time on the project..  so $500K - $1M wasn't enough ?

Sadly I didn't get nearly as much as they were "worth" (according the speculative bubble at that time) - the price couldn't support that volume of a sale and I had to sell at a discount. I was dismayed at the time, but of course it turned out that I was selling close to the peak, which I did NOT expect.

Another factor was that my daughter almost died from a brain hemorrhage shortly after that and we spent a lot of money on medical bills from that, even with insurance. Plus, I wasn't willing to let the bank account dwindle all the way to zero. When I realized I would have to sell more to stay on, I decided the healthiest thing for the project was for me to step away from it, as I am comparatively very expensive for what I was contributing. It was, I am still convinced, the right thing to do for the project. If I had tried to stay on and sell more Omni, the price would probably be 10% of what it is now (just guessing).

Too bad the idiots around here don't appreciate your good and reasonable positions on this project.  I think you are doing the right thing.  Just support the devs who can continue to make good contributions.  That is awesome.  Craig is really great.  The whole gang.  I wish there were a clever way to increase the coding team.  That would be awesome if young hungry interesting talent would find ways to hook on to what has already been built and join the efforts being done now.  If doors were wide open and it were made easy for interested newbies to come up to speed with the help of the 'old timers' - I think this project could catch back on fire. 

Activity: 669
Can we fork Mastercoin working under Counterparty? Every holder can burn msc and then get XCP token. Because devs have show they can doing good desktop wallet etc what Counterparty devs are not able to do it will working there really good. Also then there is smart contracts soon available for mastercoin. I think someone from Counterparty community can give MASTERCOIN asset also for use.

I am tired this "Awesome" news what is mostly all what are left.

"We" can do anything "We" want. You don't need permission to try anything.
Activity: 19
Can we fork Mastercoin working under Counterparty? Every holder can burn msc and then get XCP token. Because devs have show they can doing good desktop wallet etc what Counterparty devs are not able to do it will working there really good. Also then there is smart contracts soon available for mastercoin. I think someone from Counterparty community can give MASTERCOIN asset also for use.

I am tired this "Awesome" news what is mostly all what are left.
Pages:
Jump to: