Pages:
Author

Topic: The Official "OMG my wife is about to have a baby" Thread - page 3. (Read 1585 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Anyday now, I will finally have my first born son.  Exciting!  Any recent dads out there, and if so, any tips?  I am excited, but worried about the future.  Trying to get a promotion at work, to make sure he never goes without. 

NOT A DONATION THREAD, just asking for tips in life, not btc or anything else.

Yes, breast feeding is better then formula milk... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
 One day he will buy an ice cream for 0.00000074 btc and feel ripped off!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
my advice would be to make sure u dont make the same mistakes your parents did. and educate the kid on everything he should know dont let him go into the world without knowing what to do when he turns 18 and is off to college make sure he or she knows
Activity: 4
OMG, its time to hit the road! jk jk Grin
Activity: 56
Once he is a bit older (toddler aged), make a commitment to be focused on him while he is awake.  Put away the phone, computer, TV, etc, and spend time with him.  You won't regret not having spent more time on the internet, but you WILL regret not having spent more time with your son.  If you need down time (I know I do), that's fine, just do it after the kids are put to bed.

I know this is something my wife and I have both struggled with, as it's so easy to be selfish with how you spend your time, and you find yourself with so little of it once you have kids.

That is really good advice.  I should probably follow that advice with the wife too, might make her a little happier with me.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Once he is a bit older (toddler aged), make a commitment to be focused on him while he is awake.  Put away the phone, computer, TV, etc, and spend time with him.  You won't regret not having spent more time on the internet, but you WILL regret not having spent more time with your son.  If you need down time (I know I do), that's fine, just do it after the kids are put to bed.

I know this is something my wife and I have both struggled with, as it's so easy to be selfish with how you spend your time, and you find yourself with so little of it once you have kids.
Oh my!

I can't buy mining equipment now, my space is going to be gone Sad

lol
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Love him and care for him. Don't make mistakes your parents did.
Anyday now, I will finally have my first born son.  Exciting!  Any recent dads out there, and if so, any tips?  I am excited, but worried about the future.  Trying to get a promotion at work, to make sure he never goes without. 

NOT A DONATION THREAD, just asking for tips in life, not btc or anything else.

Pages:
Jump to: