Pages:
Author

Topic: The oldest sig ad campaign - get 0.3 BTC/month for free! No need to keep posting - page 10. (Read 124761 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
36 hours estimated.

Does this estimated time actually turn out to be more or less correct?

Not even close. I just made a payment with BitPay. Blockchain.info said it would take 20 hours, but it confirmed after a little less than four minutes.

With a low priority transactions, confirmation time is basically luck. If you looks at TF's wallet, you'll see that after every 10 to 20 unconfirmed transactions, there suddenly is a confirmed one.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???
36 hours estimated.

No, it swings wildly. Have no idea why he is sending all the refunds with no fees, he could do a multiple out tx or something. A confirmation that says days could confirm in the next block, some might never confirm.

Cross your fingers and wait.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
36 hours estimated.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Sad So are we going to mark TradeFortress as a SCAMMER:!(  Huh

Feel free to.  I have never dealt with him or his websites.

I'm just saying that an inside job seems more likely than a hacker considering most people are claiming TF promised that he stored the majority of the bitcoins offline.  No way a hacker could get to those unless he is holding back information and his personal/business residence was broken into.
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
was this an inside job  Huh

That certainly makes the most sense.  Claim site was hacked, establish a protocol for people to get partial refunds.  Refund many people as they make requests to make it look like an actual attack.   Then pocket all of the lower balances of people who either forgot they had small amounts stored there or simply don't care enough about a small amount of their bitcoins.

well, there is now a scam accusation thread about him: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-accusation-tradefortress-inputsio-theymos-326879
voice opinions there!
Activity: 560
StayFocus and LIVE
was this an inside job  Huh

That certainly makes the most sense.  Claim site was hacked, establish a protocol for people to get partial refunds.  Refund many people as they make requests to make it look like an actual attack.   Then pocket all of the lower balances of people who either forgot they had small amounts stored there or simply don't care enough about a small amount of their bitcoins.

was this an inside job  Huh

Activity: 560
StayFocus and LIVE
Activity: 686
My partial refund has been unconfirmed for 8+ hours and was sent without fees... is this transaction gonna come through?

https://blockchain.info/tx/02150fad7732e3fca92e3c7569cb815b94383610f7facab50b47537092800280
same here. 40 hours estimated confirmation time? last time i had a transaction like that it was eventually lost after a few days.

https://blockchain.info/tx/9efd2e1f4a02d1d41ef44730e9cdd6f8d7a869f755322ccccf9c5b246a25825f
Activity: 504
WTF???
Unknown hacker suddenly becomes a millionare, TradeFortress is about to be hung by the community, and again nobody learns the very important lesson that BTC should never be stored in an online wallet.

This.

Why does anyone hold BTC in an online wallet?  I don't even like to have more than 1-2 BTC in my sportsbetting account.  

Because people are idiots.

There are good reasons to use one, just not for a big amount (or even worse all your Btc wealth).

One of the best features was the account to account transfers off chain. If the service was secure and worked as intended, it was great.

Why does anyone still use linode btw? Have there not been enough hacks on linode to have people stop using crappy VPS systems? When you have over 1 million USD stored on a machine, why wouldn't use use dedicated hardware say, colocated where you have physical access to the machine and it's locked?
Activity: 364
Unknown hacker suddenly becomes a millionare, TradeFortress is about to be hung by the community, and again nobody learns the very important lesson that BTC should never be stored in an online wallet.

This.

Why does anyone hold BTC in an online wallet?  I don't even like to have more than 1-2 BTC in my sportsbetting account.  

There are good reasons to use one, just not for a big amount (or even worse all your Btc wealth).
Activity: 420
★☆★777Coin★☆★

This.

Why does anyone hold BTC in an online wallet?  I don't even like to have more than 1-2 BTC in my sportsbetting account. 

these few things making this all fishy

This.

Activity: 476
i understand that i've been advertising for free for you for a while. that's fine. but my inputs wallet only had funds from signature payouts. does that mean i am "low priority" vs other inputs users? i had the misfortune of trusting inputs to hold my funds......

my email has not been responded to.
Those were already paid out and I cannot imagine that TF will try to look up how much percent of inputs.io wallets were previous ad payments.
I guess they will be regarded the same as every other inputs.io balance.
glad to hear someone say this......i am pretty much in same situation. have not heard back via email though. it has only been like 12 hours though, i guess.  Undecided

This.

Activity: 364
i understand that i've been advertising for free for you for a while. that's fine. but my inputs wallet only had funds from signature payouts. does that mean i am "low priority" vs other inputs users? i had the misfortune of trusting inputs to hold my funds......

Those were already paid out and I cannot imagine that TF will try to look up how much percent of inputs.io wallets were previous ad payments.
I guess they will be regarded the same as every other inputs.io balance.
Activity: 686

Inputs.io! 4000 BTC stolen and counting!

I'm seriously disappointed. That's just pathetic.

The thing I am most disappointed about is that he held so much coins in the hot pocket, despite claiming he uses cold storage...

That was what I was going to say, maybe he intendedly did so...

Today is a sad day in BTC Land... The land of the magic internet money. Sad
Pages:
Jump to: