Pages:
Author

Topic: The Open Source Block Erupter Project - page 5. (Read 18894 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
June 10, 2014, 03:03:54 PM
Very nice and exciting for the future to come! I'd love to work with a manufacturer and bring these to the US masses.

I'd love it if you'd do that ASAP..

First company to sell these for a decent price (~$1/gh) gets my money.

As would I!

I will definitely be exercising all options that I have to make this happen. It's a bit harder seeing as most, if not all, manufacturers are outside of the states. We all have seen what happens when a US company tries to work with an overseas company and has a bad business and communication relationship (Don't need to point fingers). With that said, I would go at this a lot differently then the big companies only going after $. A smaller scale and most important realistic prices, service and expectations. I wouldn't offer what I cannot deliver (ha! How many times have people said that before?) but my track record speaks for itself now. Smiley Taking on more work that I can handle is something I will not do nor begin to do like a lot of these short-term money hungry companies have been.

Enough about me.

If anyone knows contributors who would like to speak, feel free to shoot them my way. Smiley

We need a manufacturer who has enough money to afford a large enough order directly with AM. We could always default to the good ol' chips group buy done by a reputable member who'll then forward the chips to a (again, reputable) manufacturer. That's going to cut the price and lower all margins.
June 10, 2014, 03:00:48 PM
Very nice and exciting for the future to come! I'd love to work with a manufacturer and bring these to the US masses.

We have a significant number of similar products coming in by the end of the month, right around the $1/gh

I believe that jimmothy will only want a miner that's powered with AM BE 200 chips  Cheesy
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
June 10, 2014, 02:25:11 PM

We have a significant number of similar products coming in by the end of the month, right around the $1/gh
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
June 10, 2014, 02:13:37 PM

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
June 10, 2014, 01:51:53 PM
Dat Miner = Panty Peeler

Cheesy

This is exciting, great to see homegrown AM hardware.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
June 10, 2014, 01:13:08 PM
nice, watching  Grin
June 10, 2014, 11:45:30 AM
My god it's beautiful.

Where do we buy them??

Also how many chips @ 192gh?
You can purchase chips and make this devices of your own.

You can also buy from our customers who are going to produce according to this open source X24 design.

Each board has 24 chips and hashes at 192gh at this setting. So the total is 192*4=768gh. The hash speed
can be got higher or lower according to your voltage.

Who do we contact to purchase reels of chips from ASICMiner? My company may be interested in this.

Depends on the quantity. If you order enough, just contact friedcat directly (PM or [email protected] I guess). Channels for smaller quantities don't seem to be established as of now. At least not apart from obscure Chinese marketplaces. Also go and try ask for sample chips!
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
June 10, 2014, 11:07:06 AM
My god it's beautiful.

Where do we buy them??

You can also buy from our customers who are going to produce according to this open source X24 design.

Each board has 24 chips and hashes at 192gh at this setting. So the total is 192*4=768gh. The hash speed

Who do we contact to purchase reels of chips from ASICMiner? My company may be interested in this.
Activity: 728
June 10, 2014, 10:34:36 AM
That is a sexy looking rig for the right price.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
June 10, 2014, 10:20:24 AM
That black strip on handles, is that a friction strip for stacking?
That was my first thought; second thought was that I think I'd be clamping them together as well, just in case.
Yep!  Maybe those bars should be modified to include a stackable mechanism beyond friction strips
Activity: 630
June 10, 2014, 10:03:26 AM
I think the "box" design was inevitable, I just wish that Yifu hadn't effed up the whole DIY/open source ideas from awhile back:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2476058

Looks familiar...  Wink
My favorite DIY design was from tosku
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2362815
that looks familiar  Wink
Activity: 525
June 10, 2014, 10:00:54 AM
That was my first thought; second thought was that I think I'd be clamping them together as well, just in case.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
June 10, 2014, 09:43:10 AM
I think the "box" design was inevitable, I just wish that Yifu hadn't effed up the whole DIY/open source ideas from awhile back:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2476058

Looks familiar...  Wink
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
June 10, 2014, 09:25:37 AM
We had AM_BE200_X24 boards sampled and tested. We also sampled the compatible heatsinks and supporting structures for them. It hashes at 768GH (each board 192GH) with 0.85-0.92W/G (PSU loss excluded). Power draws on higher/lower hashrate with higher/lower voltage is under testing. The design files of heatsinks/structures are going to be released a little later.

It should be emphasized that QUAD and X32 are also sampled and well tested before X24.
I think you should make a batch of these. They'll sell out quickly. Smiley
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
June 10, 2014, 09:22:00 AM
Amazing work, that is a beautiful product.  You should be applauded for how your efforts will help to distribute the overall network hashrate.

I would also like to second the thank you for increased communication from AM.

Next time anyone complains about GHash.io, I will link them to this project.

Seconded. Keep up the good work.
Activity: 644
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
June 10, 2014, 08:21:49 AM
Amazing work, that is a beautiful product.  You should be applauded for how your efforts will help to distribute the overall network hashrate.

I would also like to second the thank you for increased communication from AM.

Next time anyone complains about GHash.io, I will link them to this project.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
June 10, 2014, 06:46:32 AM
My god it's beautiful.

Where do we buy them??

Maybe you should point out in the original post that the whole miner hashes at 768 GH/s and the single boards hash at 192 GH/s, each. One may be led to think that each chip only performed at 2 GH/s otherwise - which would be quite low.
Good work apart from that, it is a remarkable strategy to open up the designs and let potential customers/resellers produce their own miners. Also, the increase in communication over the last few days is very much appreciated!
Fixed. Sorry.
June 10, 2014, 06:03:02 AM
My god it's beautiful.

Where do we buy them??

Maybe you should point out in the original post that the whole miner hashes at 768 GH/s and the single boards hash at 192 GH/s, each. One may be led to think that each chip only performed at 2 GH/s otherwise - which would be quite low.
Good work apart from that, it is a remarkable strategy to open up the designs and let potential customers/resellers produce their own miners. Also, the increase in communication over the last few days is very much appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
June 10, 2014, 05:07:11 AM

Dump the old on the public keep the new for the AM shareholders. Just have to time that right so you don't get caught with your pants down so to speak. That might have worked in the 1st and 2nd Gen stuff but with other players and chips in the market it the demand is going to go to the cheapest price chip / board combo. Fun times indeed.
Bicknellski,

I am wandering what happened to your plans to include BE200 In your WASP project?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7175102

Thank You
PS: I will appreciate very much if we stay on topic and you leave the usual off topic if you ever answer me.

Once again Thank you very Much
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
June 10, 2014, 04:48:02 AM
It's not the cube.

When we release source of BE100 based cubes there might be some contributors who can do BE200 based cubes for us.
Pages:
Jump to: