Pages:
Author

Topic: The question everybody is asking but nobody has shared the solution to yet - page 2. (Read 4093 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
I tested one polish withdraw for 500 zlota and it went through next day. So then i tried larger ones and they are all still pending.
What does support have to say about it?
"We are broke."  Grin

(No, I truly hope this isn't the case, but it's a real possibility imo)

It might also be that they have only limited funds on their Polish bank accound and thus need to make a SWIFT transfer from their Japanese account to replenish the funds. And if they can only send 10 SWIFT payments a day...

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Boom!
this has been covered on other threads,the issue is not with funds, the issue is with their bank in poland from what i recall
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
I tested one polish withdraw for 500 zlota and it went through next day. So then i tried larger ones and they are all still pending.
"We are broke."  Grin

It might also be that they have only limited funds on their Polish bank accound and thus need to make a SWIFT transfer from their Japanese account to replenish the funds. And if they can only send 10 SWIFT payments a day...
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
"We are broke."  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
That's a SWIFT from gox to polish bank account denominated in EURO but in japanese yen (so bank will convert upon arrival).
SWIFT transfer is futile at the moment.  EUR (SEPA) or PLN (domestic) will be much faster.

I have been waiting more than a month for PLN and I gave up.  Are there any news about PLN wire transfers from MtGox?
Just to be clear, you tried to withdraw polish zloty from mtgox to a polish bank account, and it wasn't processed after a month?

Approx a month, i can't check the exact date atm as my iphone is dead (no 2fa). At least 3 weeks less than 5 weeks.

legendary
Activity: 1638
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
That's a SWIFT from gox to polish bank account denominated in EURO but in japanese yen (so bank will convert upon arrival).
SWIFT transfer is futile at the moment.  EUR (SEPA) or PLN (domestic) will be much faster.

I have been waiting more than a month for PLN and I gave up.  Are there any news about PLN wire transfers from MtGox?
Just to be clear, you tried to withdraw polish zloty from mtgox to a polish bank account, and it wasn't processed after a month?
legendary
here you go, the steps involved...

http://www.healyconsultants.com/company-incorporation/japan-company-set-up.htm

http://www.healyconsultants.com/fees.html  costs about 10k in consulting fees... would be nice if there was a japanese speaking member who could do this instead

One of the reasons that I (and probably others considering this) hesitate to go through all this is that this arb is a temporary arms race. There are a couple of reasons it could and probably will dissolve soon: (1) somebody else wins the race, or (2) mtgox solves their withdrawal issues. So who wants to take the time and money to set up a new account just to the opportunity dry up before you can even use it? That's why it's better to partner with somebody who already has an account.

yes i understand this is the first penguins in the water issue; however this has been on going for the better part of this year, and one may conclude that there is no corporation willing to do this at this point in time.

but hey if you spend 100 hours and 10K to set this up and make say 100k in profit, it was time well spent...
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
2.5% is the MtGox currency exchange fee for transactions that are coming from another currency is that right?

Question:
If all transactions are in one pool and I will pay 2.5% for a transaction with a seller in any other currency, what happens if I buy bitcoins from a seller using my currency, but which is not from the dominant currency. For example if I am based in GBP and I buy 1 BTC for 60GBP  from another user will this incur a 2.5% currency exchange free from the dominant currency? I.e. does seller actually list in USD (dominant currency) and thereby pay 2.5% and then I buy in GBP and pay 2.5% to do so?

How does one see when the 2.5% is charged to a transaction?

As a UK user is it stupid for me to keep GBP on MtGox? Is it better to just eat the currency exchange fee on entry and exit as is done at Bitstamp?
Many people have difficulties grasping this..

The difference is rarely 2.5%.  Here is a current picture of the best bid and best ask in various currencies (just a small selection), and their ratio to the best bid and ask in USD:
Code:
Tickers and ratio to USD:
EUR:    88.24500 0.9909    88.95000 0.9955
GBP:    74.25805 0.9773    75.00000 0.9837
AUD:   127.32911 0.9833   129.99000 1.0005
JPY: 11316.46600 0.9773 11704.00000 1.0073
PLN:   372.00000 0.9880   377.00000 0.9979
NOK:   687.66483 0.9773   711.89899 1.0083

As you'll see from this very few of the currencies have a 2.5% (0.975 or 1.025) ratio to USD.  Some currencies here has a ratio of 0.9773 on the bid side.  This is due to a bid in another currency (not displayed here) which is a 0.23% above the best USD bid.  It shows up at 0.9773 ratio to USD on all other currencies, including USD.  If someone sell in one of those currencies, it will be a mixed currency trade against that currency, not USD, which means the trade will happen at a price better than 2.5% below best USD bid.  Best ask are close to 1 for all currencies due to an ask in one currency (possibly GBP here, haven't checked) which is far below the best ask in USD.  This will show up fairly close to the best ask in USD as well.  The round numbers (129.99000 AUD, 11704.00000 JPY) indicates that the ask was placed in this currency.  If it is converted from a different currency, it is unlikely to be this round.  As you see you will usually trade against an order in the same currency.  Mixed currency trades are actually not very common.  Mixed currency against USD is even less common, since many use this as a metric of how the price should be, and bid or ask a little bit better in their own currency to pick up such trades.

There is no fee for anyone.  If someone buy the GBP ask at 75 using another currency, e.g. JPY, she will pay whatever her bid is in JPY.  The buyer gets her BTC at what she bid in JPY, and the seller will receive 75 GBP for each BTC she bought.  MtGox will do the currency conversion internally (at 2.5% comission).  This happens behind the scenes.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Good luck to everyone arbitraging BTC --> MtGox JPY --> JPY --> USD --> Bitstamp USD --> BTC !

If you are successful and report it here it will likely decrease arbitrage opportunity since it would change market confidence. It's possible that psychological effect would have as great an effect in reducing gap as increasing bitcoin supply in JPY market. Thus I don't expect to hear many positive results other than people who do an experiment for fun. Nevertheless I will be happy to be wrong!

Interestingly it might be possible to distinguish the supply and market perception effects.

Arbitrage should bring the Mtgox JPY price to parity with Bitstamp USD given USD/JPY exchange rate.  Then the change in the gap with MtGox USD / Bitstamp USD between now and when JPY exchange parity is achieved will show the psychological shift since a reasonable hypothesis is that most people who are causing the gap on MtGox USD / Bitstamp USD (by buying at premium as opposed to waiting) do not have the possibility to exit via MtGox JPY --> JPY --> currency exchange --> USD.

Q. Do you keep independent ask/bid tables for different currencies?

"A. No, ask/bid tables for different currencies are not independent. All currencies are relative to whichever currency has the highest volume, which is based on said currencies current market price in bitcoin. Every trade is in one pool and in fact, not are not separate currency markets. This allows users the added benefit of trading in "the greater market" -in currencies they understand- while not limiting them to smaller currency markets."

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20800336-Multi-Currency-Trading

Thanks for reminding me!  This explains the simple relationship between gap between MtGox USD/ Bitstamp USD and  MtGox JPY (in $equiv) / Bitstamp USD.

It also explains the 2.5% that qxzn referred to in his calculation of the costs of
BTC --> MtGox JPY.   (2.5% + 0.3%)

2.5% is the MtGox currency exchange fee for transactions that are coming from another currency is that right?

Question:
If all transactions are in one pool and I will pay 2.5% for a transaction with a seller in any other currency, what happens if I buy bitcoins from a seller using my currency, but which is not from the dominant currency. For example if I am based in GBP and I buy 1 BTC for 60GBP  from another user will this incur a 2.5% currency exchange free from the dominant currency? I.e. does seller actually list in USD (dominant currency) and thereby pay 2.5% and then I buy in GBP and pay 2.5% to do so?

How does one see when the 2.5% is charged to a transaction?

As a UK user is it stupid for me to keep GBP on MtGox? Is it better to just eat the currency exchange fee on entry and exit as is done at Bitstamp?
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Interesting on the HSBC premier thing, I was under the impression that US HSBC Premier Account Holders coupld potentially receive JPY payments via HSBC in Japan. In fact I just opened an HSBC Premier Account specifically for this reason.

Bakada - Any news back form citibank yet? What did they say when you asked about receiving JPY payments to your non-japanese citi account.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

That leaves a solid 6 percent profit on the table. If anyone who has a Japanese bank account would like to team up to make this happen, let me know. I have bots which can do the trades efficiently and high volume  mtgox and bitstamp accounts (= lowest fee tiers). I also have access to enough capital to make it worth while. Only thing I don't have is a Japanese bank account in the hands of someone I trust. Or do it yourself, I will applaud you and help in any way I can. I agree with joesmoe2012, this needs to be done for the good of the whole system.

That person will become a money transmitter immediately and after successful transfer of some couple of millions out of nowhere I bet he will have some serious paper work to attend to.

I don't see any basis for this. If your'e just sending money from your account at one exchange to your account at another, you are not a money transmitter. A money transmitter is someone who as a business transfers money to/from a third party.

In this case there is no third party, at all time the money remains in your accounts.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Good luck to everyone arbitraging BTC --> MtGox JPY --> JPY --> USD --> Bitstamp USD --> BTC
You will pay a few percent at each step.

Correct ,with like 10k BTC sums.

Anybody looking for move a few hundred BTC around to make a 20% profit won't have any issue, so long as they can withdraw to domestic japanese bank.

at large sums that is negotiable....
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Good luck to everyone arbitraging BTC --> MtGox JPY --> JPY --> USD --> Bitstamp USD --> BTC
You will pay a few percent at each step.

A few percent? Don't think so. Japanese domestic withdraw is 200 Yen. You can send the Yen directly to BitStamp as they convert all incoming wires into USD at a very good rate.
zby
legendary
Activity: 1592

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Good luck to everyone arbitraging BTC --> MtGox JPY --> JPY --> USD --> Bitstamp USD --> BTC !

If you are successful and report it here it will likely decrease arbitrage opportunity since it would change market confidence. It's possible that psychological effect would have as great an effect in reducing gap as increasing bitcoin supply in JPY market. Thus I don't expect to hear many positive results other than people who do an experiment for fun. Nevertheless I will be happy to be wrong!

Interestingly it might be possible to distinguish the supply and market perception effects.

Arbitrage should bring the Mtgox JPY price to parity with Bitstamp USD given USD/JPY exchange rate.  Then the change in the gap with MtGox USD / Bitstamp USD between now and when JPY exchange parity is achieved will show the psychological shift since a reasonable hypothesis is that most people who are causing the gap on MtGox USD / Bitstamp USD (by buying at premium as opposed to waiting) do not have the possibility to exit via MtGox JPY --> JPY --> currency exchange --> USD.

Q. Do you keep independent ask/bid tables for different currencies?

"A. No, ask/bid tables for different currencies are not independent. All currencies are relative to whichever currency has the highest volume, which is based on said currencies current market price in bitcoin. Every trade is in one pool and in fact, not are not separate currency markets. This allows users the added benefit of trading in "the greater market" -in currencies they understand- while not limiting them to smaller currency markets."

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20800336-Multi-Currency-Trading
legendary

That leaves a solid 6 percent profit on the table. If anyone who has a Japanese bank account would like to team up to make this happen, let me know. I have bots which can do the trades efficiently and high volume  mtgox and bitstamp accounts (= lowest fee tiers). I also have access to enough capital to make it worth while. Only thing I don't have is a Japanese bank account in the hands of someone I trust. Or do it yourself, I will applaud you and help in any way I can. I agree with joesmoe2012, this needs to be done for the good of the whole system.

That person will become a money transmitter immediately and after successful transfer of some couple of millions out of nowhere I bet he will have some serious paper work to attend to.

not exactly, it depends.

the company needs to be set up in a way where the owner(s) of the company capitalize the company with the funds used for trading, and the profits are distributed as a dividend to shareholder. when there is no more funds, the company is dissolved and the trading funds are sent back to investors.

Re: money transmitter: no.

Re: doing it all cleanly as prophetx describes, yes.

set up google docs excel sheet that looks at market depth of bistamp, btce and mtgox, and finds the equilibrium point this equals your profit opportunity, minus fees

assuming you want to proceed this is no diff then setting up an investment fund...

set up LLC in Cali, (b/c u can use VC LP boilerplate) take in limited partners who are accredited investors... let's call it Bitcoin Arbitrage Partners, LLC... (BAP)... set up governance and contractual agreements when the fund is liquidated, how LPs are paid out, etc. Investment should be 50% cash 50% btc (well at least 25% btc so you dont need to wait on network transfer)

set up a company (BAP JP) in JP that is owned by BAP, set up corp bank account for BAP JP

set up another company in the eurozone (BAP Euro) for btce

Now transfer money to Bitstamp, fund BAP Euro, and then transfer money to BTCE.

transfer btc to mtgox

start buying on bitstamp and btce, while selling on gox (since you have btc on goc u dont need to wait for network transfer)... i'm sure there are people on here that have the trading and coding exp who can run the trading op's...

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

That leaves a solid 6 percent profit on the table. If anyone who has a Japanese bank account would like to team up to make this happen, let me know. I have bots which can do the trades efficiently and high volume  mtgox and bitstamp accounts (= lowest fee tiers). I also have access to enough capital to make it worth while. Only thing I don't have is a Japanese bank account in the hands of someone I trust. Or do it yourself, I will applaud you and help in any way I can. I agree with joesmoe2012, this needs to be done for the good of the whole system.

not exactly, it depends.

the company needs to be set up in a way where the owner(s) of the company capitalize the company with the funds used for trading, and the profits are distributed as a dividend to shareholder. when there is no more funds, the company is dissolved and the trading funds are sent back to investors.

Re: money transmitter: no.

Re: doing it all cleanly as prophetx describes, yes.
legendary

not exactly, it depends.

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Activity: 609
Merit: 505
here you go, the steps involved...

http://www.healyconsultants.com/company-incorporation/japan-company-set-up.htm

http://www.healyconsultants.com/fees.html  costs about 10k in consulting fees... would be nice if there was a japanese speaking member who could do this instead

One of the reasons that I (and probably others considering this) hesitate to go through all this is that this arb is a temporary arms race. There are a couple of reasons it could and probably will dissolve soon: (1) somebody else wins the race, or (2) mtgox solves their withdrawal issues. So who wants to take the time and money to set up a new account just to the opportunity dry up before you can even use it? That's why it's better to partner with somebody who already has an account.
Pages:
Jump to: