Pages:
Author

Topic: the real tendline proves bitcoin is overvalued - page 2. (Read 7613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Looks like we're above the trend. Although maybe it is steeper now because of mining reward halfing?

Maybe you can answer a simple question, what are you trending? I mean, what is BTC? Currency, Commodity, Stock, disruptive technology, protocol, etc.

TA is great, we all use it, but to overly depend on it with something that we can't easily define, is cheapening what it is that is BTC. What if some really big news comes out? e.g., Pay Pal becomes funding mechanism for BTC. What do you think will happen to the "price" of BTC?

TA has been said to basically describe human behavior (e.g. support lines). Now, since there are so many variables with BTC (see that short list above), again, it is dangerous to try to pigeon hole what BTC is.

Be very very careful over emphasizing TA and yet know when to use it.

From the perspective of the chart it is quite simple, the trend is the price of a bitcoin in US dollars as traded on MT Gox exchange. Bitcoin is not currency or commodity, it is money, like gold and silver. Unlike currencies it will also function as a store of value.

I'm not going to defend TA yet again, if you don't like it, then perhaps you shouldn't bother with the speculation forum.

I said "TA is great, we all use it, ..." so I'm not smacking it down and I USE IT. I think my point was clear. We don't know what BTC is, not even the government will define it for us. But you know. Maybe you should not be so touchy about a question, not even a criticism...  I was just bringing up the Black Swan nature of BTC and not asking you to defend TA, just merely open up a bit regarding the possibilities.
FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I spent several hours on this TA and found the real trendline

legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

Looks like we're above the trend. Although maybe it is steeper now because of mining reward halfing?

Maybe you can answer a simple question, what are you trending? I mean, what is BTC? Currency, Commodity, Stock, disruptive technology, protocol, etc.

TA is great, we all use it, but to overly depend on it with something that we can't easily define, is cheapening what it is that is BTC. What if some really big news comes out? e.g., Pay Pal becomes funding mechanism for BTC. What do you think will happen to the "price" of BTC?

TA has been said to basically describe human behavior (e.g. support lines). Now, since there are so many variables with BTC (see that short list above), again, it is dangerous to try to pigeon hole what BTC is.

From the perspective of the chart it is quite simple, the trend is the price of a bitcoin in US dollars as traded on MT Gox exchange. Bitcoin is not currency or commodity, it is money, like gold and silver. Unlike currencies it will also function as a store of value.

I'm not going to defend TA yet again, if you don't like it, then perhaps you shouldn't bother with the speculation forum.
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
Do people really trade anything based on nonsense like this line?   What theory actually predicts this? 
legendary
Antifragile

legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
OP is a dumbass lol. Took 13 BTC and ran like a pansy haha
anu
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

What makes you think the trend is linear? Fit an S curve (exponential growth with eventual saturation), then we talk.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Is the OP really implying that a linear model is the most accurate price model?

lmao.
Lol seriouly. You've cat to be kitten meh...
Activity: 898
oh come on, don't be so serious, op was obviously joking ...

am i wrong?

OP turned up and trolled for a few days until he was payed (quite well) to go away...
legendary
Activity: 1022

Sry, but thats a dismal "analysis".

Try again.
legendary
Antifragile
Banking systems are collapsing. The world financial systems are not doing at all well and this guy is talking "trendlines"Huh
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
oh ok,

I just thought that nobody could take that "drawing" seriously Smiley
Activity: 66

am i wrong?

Check his history. He's serious and simply trying to bring price down... and failing miserably.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250

am i wrong?
Activity: 66
It's getting sad; the total lack of moderation now on these forums.

Trolls spamming like crazy. NKSpace 1 new useless trollbear post per day. How is this not spam??
Activity: 532
Merit: 261
­バカ

TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
So, looks like I'm a TA expert now.. I will start a blog!

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
This is the trend line I like:

50 day exponential moving average.
With this I can extrapolate to $60,000 bitcoins in the next 6 months.
Activity: 798

lmao.

It is ... you see it everywhere in nature ... straight lines ... slight curvature ... nothing much else really  Roll Eyes

Not sure if you're trolling or not.  As a scientist I would like to point out that straight lines are particularly unnatural.  Exponential, parabolic, and ESPECIALLY periodic shapes show up much more in nature, and when 'straight' lines are present they are usually not really straight but instead an approximation (for example sin(x) is approximately a straight line for very small x).

The human visual system is also incredibly good at picking out straight lines (especially parallel ones) for that very reason--they signify something unnatural created by humans (which when humans were evolving was a very important thing to notice).  If you are skeptical see Steven Pinker's 'How the Mind Works'.

I was being sarcastic ... hence the 'roll eyes' . Not trolling though (I don't think !)
Interesting  info about our ability to pick out straight lines ... not heard that one before
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

lmao.

It is ... you see it everywhere in nature ... straight lines ... slight curvature ... nothing much else really  Roll Eyes

Not sure if you're trolling or not.  As a scientist I would like to point out that straight lines are particularly unnatural.  Exponential, parabolic, and ESPECIALLY periodic shapes show up much more in nature, and when 'straight' lines are present they are usually not really straight but instead an approximation (for example sin(x) is approximately a straight line for very small x).

The human visual system is also incredibly good at picking out straight lines (especially parallel ones) for that very reason--they signify something unnatural created by humans (which when humans were evolving was a very important thing to notice).  If you are skeptical see Steven Pinker's 'How the Mind Works'.
Pages:
Jump to: