Pages:
Author

Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin - page 22. (Read 15403 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 299
The fee is just a temporary issue which would be fixed with a successful upgrade.  Moreover, since you will be leaving your btc for long term as an investment for almost 3 years, I see no reason why the fee should be a challenge for you. Just make sure you don't put all your eggs in a basket though.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
My preference is for the bitcoin when comes to investment as it is new to the world economy. if we invest in bitcoin, we will be benefited in future. only these things making me to keep some money in bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
If you are looking to hold for 2-3yrs, the current fees should be the least of your worries. A solution to the high fees will be found sooner or later, and the price will keep rising. So, if you believe in btc and the underlying technology, invest now and forget about it for some time. Might be worth it.
Activity: 149
Bitcoin is good for storing and transaction pupose. So, as of that reason, i invested in bitcoin. We can also spend our bitcoins in necessary times and there are no conditions and restricitons on that. 
Activity: 168
Bitcoin is very famous,and it is good investment for future purpose.we can sell anytime for emergency.bitcoin has low transaction fees.it can send and receive money easily.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
https://gexcrypto.io
Bitcoin if probably a good investment for us. It is non taxable and no one controls it. You have the power over your investments. You can buy or sell whenever you want. Living proof that bitcoin is a good investment is way back years when its cost is very low. Look how high the value of bitcoin is today. There is high probability that your investment will double or triple its price.

For the fees regarding bitcoin transaction, compared to the tax you will get if its under government, consider it low. Hopefully segwit will do something to resolve this.
Activity: 161
This is a good analyst about bitcoin from Wences Casares, CEO of Xapo

"I assume that there’s a 20% chance that Bitcoin fails towards zero. I assume that there is a 50% or slightly higher than 50% chance that Bitcoin succeeds in being mainstream in the digital world, in which case, there will be as many users as there are of Whatsapp today, and to do that, you need Bitcoin to be worth $1 million per Bitcoin. And that’s 2,000 times what it’s worth today. And there is about a 30% chance that Bitcoin succeeds in some niche use case where it doesn’t disappear, but it’s not broadly used, and therefore the price is not $0 and it’s not $1 million.”

Maybe good for your reference..
Activity: 55
We decided to invest in bitcoin for many reasons. At least, it is a new, not taxable currency. Invest in btc investing in our future and more. This is very significant for some countries whose currencies are falling sharply.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

It's still profitable to invest in Bitcoin right now and the coming segwith is a way to make transactions faster and hopefully lower, right now bitcoin is  portfolio based but there's still a lot of sites and offline stores that accept bitcoin once the transaction is fix bitcoin's price will be bigger and profitable
Activity: 84
StuffGoGo Developer
Best and most convenient investment ever. No stupid realtors and then maintenance, no greedy money managers, no nickel-and-dime-ing banks...
Activity: 350
Merit: 170
I do crypto TRADING
11/25/2015 i managed to buy Bitcoin at $298 but its my mistake that i was not able to buy more. Now the price is at 2,500 and im buying more now. What an silly decision then. Fo who know two years from now again and the price will shoot up again.
Well nobody could imagine that bitcoin will be so succesfull Smiley now we are clear of that so invest in bitcoin is the best way to gain money Smiley

Two years ago i could have bought 70 Bitcoin but now i cant even buy 10 Bitcoin for the same amount of money. Sad But i will try to buy during deep and will accumulate a few. I just bought Bitcoin awhile ago. And will continue to do that until before August 1.
Activity: 244
11/25/2015 i managed to buy Bitcoin at $298 but its my mistake that i was not able to buy more. Now the price is at 2,500 and im buying more now. What an silly decision then. Fo who know two years from now again and the price will shoot up again.
Well nobody could imagine that bitcoin will be so succesfull Smiley now we are clear of that so invest in bitcoin is the best way to gain money Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 170
I do crypto TRADING
Activity: 238
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley
We cant really predict he increasing or decreasing of the price of bitcoin in the coming years but what we hope for is to increase its price in the market without so that we will gain a good investment for out future but no doubt i still believed why i still invest bevause i beleived that it will still increase its price in the market.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
Transaction fee has been a classic problem and hopefully it can be fixed immediately, it is true that with that high fee Bitcoin is not really suitable for some transaction
For now most of the people used as investment because the potential rising for Bitcoin is very good, so there are no reasons for you to stop investing
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
For potential investors, the large takeaway should probably be that blockchain technology will probably exist in one form or another for years to come. The fate of bitcoin, however, is far more uncertain.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
Dude continue your plan and become a millionaire with that time cap(2 to 3 yrs). Bitcoin will reach its highest peak this fall acoording to an article. Not only bitcoin but also the alternative coins. Invest in bitcoin now or it'll too late for you. Hodl bitcoin for 2-3 years is good enough for an investment.
Don't base your investments on random articles that say you will profit. Do you always jump when other people tell you to?
I'm positive about Bitcoin's future and I'm holding some, but I've decided to do it after reading and learning a lot, not based on articles that say: buy! you'll be rich!
Activity: 196
if not bitcoin then what coin can you recomment?

as for now - ethereum, because many ico's are based on it
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
I get your struggle here but the fees is a temporary problem and will be fixed in the future. So in the long run you will have nothing to worry about. Go ahead and buy your first bitcoin and hold on to them for now before buying your sandwich.
Activity: 171
Bitcoin price is the not stable,in future bitcoin price will increase ,so i like to invest in this.i can sell bitcoin in anytime for future needs.it is very safe also,this reason keeps me from investing in bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: