Pages:
Author

Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin - page 17. (Read 15403 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
bitcoin doesnt have to be money that you use to buy your daily lunch. There are far easier and convenient methods, especially within the western world. There are benefits to online payments though and just store of value. Store of value is a very overlooked and important quality.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 586
The reason why I do not invest more in bitcoin is, that there is a bigger chance to lose everything.
It's not only that the price of bitcoin could decrease.
There is as well the chance that one of my wallets gets compromised for some reason.
Or that I lose my keys.
And once the coins are gone, they are gone for good.

There will always be a risk im everything you just need to learn how to fix everything and how to learn manage your emotions . Bitcoin price is not yet stable so many people are not yet investing on it.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
The reason why I do not invest more in bitcoin is, that there is a bigger chance to lose everything.
It's not only that the price of bitcoin could decrease.
There is as well the chance that one of my wallets gets compromised for some reason.
Or that I lose my keys.
And once the coins are gone, they are gone for good.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
 Of course bitcoin is a really good investment and with its value gradually increasing makes it even better. I think you don't need to worry much about fees because if you are really serious on investing on bitcoin you would not use it casually. I mean who would use an investment to pay for your daily needs and things like paying their burger king bill? Just saying. ;p
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
The  great reason behind why i keep investing in bitcoin is basically the price. I really amaze on how bitcoin change its  price it is rising from time to time.it is more exciting than any otber game.
I see bitcoin is a great opportunity that can help me in my financial freedom.so that i can provide our daily needs.in short i keep investing bitcoin because i need to have another source of income .

Same with me as I see also bitcoin as a great opportunity to help me with my financial aspect.  I have a job and yet I feel like I really need more money to finance my daily needs.  I stopped investing from bitcoin since I was scammed.  From that time I do not invest my bitcoin but I will just keep it in my wallet and wait for it to grow.  I know it will because its price continue to goes up.
Activity: 236
Presale is live!
The  great reason behind why i keep investing in bitcoin is basically the price. I really amaze on how bitcoin change its  price it is rising from time to time.it is more exciting than any otber game.
I see bitcoin is a great opportunity that can help me in my financial freedom.so that i can provide our daily needs.in short i keep investing bitcoin because i need to have another source of income .
The increasing price might excite people who are holding a good amount of coins when the price was low ,as far as i am concerned i am not too thrilled with the price as i am not holding that much coins that would benefit me with the recent increase,i have to focus on other coins at the moment and then plan on converting it to bitcoin.

I do not invest because my bitcoin is small, much to do to collect bitcoin, if I already have a lot of bitcoin, I will invest bitcoin.
I did not understand what you are saying,if you are not having bitcoin what kind of investment are you talking about,if you have money just buy the coin,it is not that hard. Tongue
Activity: 951
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
That was the main issue "HIGH FEES". But i think it will be solved sooner so its not to worry. Even if restaurants start accepting bitcoins, they will find some way to recieve and send bitcoins without any fees. Some wallet to wallet transactions doesn't require fees like localbitcoin to localbitcoin wallet. It send the transaction without any fees. I hope restaurants will find something like this for better use.
The problem with buying something in the physical world are not the fees but the confirmation time, on average is going to take 10 minutes to confirm your transaction if you send a good fee, but ten minutes is an eternity in the physical world and that needs to be solved.
Bitcoin cannot solve these issues unless they build something for retailers,we have to see more innovative projects that would help users to spend coins and get the confirmation instantly or a decent debit card that can be used in stores world wide and that is the only solution for these issues and i am really happy to see that the transaction fees has come down drastically and i could get confirmation with just 0.0001 btc transactions fees in less than 15 minutes,which is really awesome.
Activity: 267
Merit: 11
mystic future of btc makes me worry sometimes

In terms of what makes you worry for investing in bitcoin? Is it because of fear the price drops, or maybe fear your bitcoin will be lost due to hacked?
All investment has its own risks, in bitcoin you have to overcome your fears. For the reasons if you invest today even the price is expensive in the future you can earn profit. This is the reasons why I keep investing in bitcoin due to its advantages offer to the users. So I use bitcoin for savings and to earned profit.

Indeed. Invest at your own risk.
When you buy btc you should know and embrace that this coin is volatile as in it can pump and dump overtime.
Investing is only for the courageous.
Activity: 230
I do not invest because my bitcoin is small, much to do to collect bitcoin, if I already have a lot of bitcoin, I will invest bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Just invest your money, when segwit activated the fees will likely go down.
Everytime is the best time to invest in bitcoin.
But when the dip happen that is more wise to invest.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

In terms of what makes you worry for investing in bitcoin? Is it because of fear the price drops, or maybe fear your bitcoin will be lost due to hacked?
All investment has its own risks, in bitcoin you have to overcome your fears. For the reasons if you invest today even the price is expensive in the future you can earn profit. This is the reasons why I keep investing in bitcoin due to its advantages offer to the users. So I use bitcoin for savings and to earned profit.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
That was the main issue "HIGH FEES". But i think it will be solved sooner so its not to worry. Even if restaurants start accepting bitcoins, they will find some way to recieve and send bitcoins without any fees. Some wallet to wallet transactions doesn't require fees like localbitcoin to localbitcoin wallet. It send the transaction without any fees. I hope restaurants will find something like this for better use.
The problem with buying something in the physical world are not the fees but the confirmation time, on average is going to take 10 minutes to confirm your transaction if you send a good fee, but ten minutes is an eternity in the physical world and that needs to be solved.
Activity: 378
BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange
Bitcoin is actually more suited to be an investment rather than a day to day currency. I still suggest you to buy some and hold them instead of using them, and treat them as 'gold'.

If services like fast food restaurants decides to use Bitcoin as a payment method, maybe they can come out with a method that allows for no fees between accounts, but this is just a suggestion.

Existing methods including Bitcoinpay, but it still charges a fee of 0.8%, not completely free. Undecided
I completely agree with you on this point, Bitcoin should be considered as a fixed deposit like Gold. it should not be used for our daily purposes.
but Bitcoin should not be used in the purpose of shopping purposes. because it is a profitable and valuable saving tool. so it should be reserved for the future purpose.

it's way better for saving and for investing purposes. Saving since its capable to increase our sacings when it pumps and unvesting for us to have potential tokens that we can get benefit if we have one for their project.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
Bitcoin is actually more suited to be an investment rather than a day to day currency. I still suggest you to buy some and hold them instead of using them, and treat them as 'gold'.

If services like fast food restaurants decides to use Bitcoin as a payment method, maybe they can come out with a method that allows for no fees between accounts, but this is just a suggestion.

Existing methods including Bitcoinpay, but it still charges a fee of 0.8%, not completely free. Undecided
I completely agree with you on this point, Bitcoin should be considered as a fixed deposit like Gold. it should not be used for our daily purposes.
but Bitcoin should not be used in the purpose of shopping purposes. because it is a profitable and valuable saving tool. so it should be reserved for the future purpose.
Activity: 688
Merit: 101
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

considered that the fee is like a tax. not just quite huge value to you that $3 fee for a long term investment. meanwhile your btc ( you would like to invest ) are getting more profitable now and then, think about it, every day the value of btc is going up unlike the value back then 8 yrs ago. it is has a higher potential that how much you invest for the next 2-3 years gain to be double or triple. in the end i think you will be rich after that years you decided to invest in it. and the $3 fees youve concern. you didnt know you ignore it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Activity: 429
Merit: 102
well, i keep investing on bitcoin because i believe it will help me, i would like to retire early because work is stressing me out, i keep investing for my early retirement.

Thats good and Im planning that also. Save now so you can retire to your job that full of toxic.
I'd like to work without boss, no pressure, no hassle and no traffic. How pretty is that.
So now invest and save is my priority.
Yes bitcoin offers great opportunity that anyone can afford and it also offers a job while at home even you are a student and this is very helpful for everyone

Even student can earn bitcoin to add allowance and at the same time can help their family because the income from it is not the same having a job in real state. The extra amount can be use to trade and invest for more profit and can save for the future.
Activity: 610
Merit: 261
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Well I have had all my transactions in the last few days confirmed with 1 sat/byte fees, so I think fees are no longer a relevant reason not to invest. Once segwit locks in over the next few weeks I can only see the transaction fees going lower, perhaps even to the point blocks are never full.

Now is a great time to invest.
Pages:
Jump to: