Pages:
Author

Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin - page 18. (Read 15403 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100
I have no reason anymore, bitcoin is famous now so bitcoin is great for investing now if you want to have a future.
Do not be afraid to invest long term or short because it has low transaction costs.
Activity: 350
Merit: 170
I do crypto TRADING
Every time i see bitcoin price going up, that motivates me to keep on investing for i see good future with bitcoin. Price now broke the $3000 level
Activity: 165
I will do bitcoin investing, with investing I will get big profits, just look a few years ago those who invest profits are also good, especially now that bitcoin prices continue to rise like a towering tree.
Activity: 293
Well there is a wide speculation that the price of bitcoin will rise in fees years to come prompting me to keep holding little by little, we are all aware of the price few years a go people who held their bitcoin had made tremendous profits. Investing in bitcoin is indeed straight investment without any middle men involved.

I am still doing a small investment, I just do it because I want to know how much profit I will get from this small investment, if up to 75% or 100%. Indeed a few years ago his profits are big enough but I do not know what is right now.
Activity: 579
Merit: 309
Because this is the era of changes in the payment system, which previously used paper money will switch to a better and sophisticated network blockchain system.
Activity: 896
Merit: 253
well, i keep investing on bitcoin because i believe it will help me, i would like to retire early because work is stressing me out, i keep investing for my early retirement.

Thats good and Im planning that also. Save now so you can retire to your job that full of toxic.
I'd like to work without boss, no pressure, no hassle and no traffic. How pretty is that.
So now invest and save is my priority.
Yes bitcoin offers great opportunity that anyone can afford and it also offers a job while at home even you are a student and this is very helpful for everyone
Activity: 456
well, i keep investing on bitcoin because i believe it will help me, i would like to retire early because work is stressing me out, i keep investing for my early retirement.

Thats good and Im planning that also. Save now so you can retire to your job that full of toxic.
I'd like to work without boss, no pressure, no hassle and no traffic. How pretty is that.
So now invest and save is my priority.
Activity: 168
Compared to traditional fee's when moving LARGE amounts of fiat/other assets, it's still by far the cheapest. Buying a coffee with bitcoin may not make sense for a while or in time an intermediary service(s) will pop up to handle small transactions without ppl knowing what/how the backend works (perhaps a float and a much faster coin as the processor in the meantime or something).
Activity: 812
Merit: 509
You have just stated one of the main problems of bitcoin which is causing it to not go mainstream. Right now we see  bitcoin, not as a form of Internet cash, but more of a form of Internet gold or an investment option.

I would still recommend investing in bitcoin since it does seem super promising and it has the  potential to become mainstream, we just need to fix our congested block chain. Just right now, it doesn't look like people use it in real life.
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley
Investment to have good results, everything thing has its fee. Important is the way in which you use money on your investment how. There need not?
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
That was the main issue "HIGH FEES". But i think it will be solved sooner so its not to worry. Even if restaurants start accepting bitcoins, they will find some way to recieve and send bitcoins without any fees. Some wallet to wallet transactions doesn't require fees like localbitcoin to localbitcoin wallet. It send the transaction without any fees. I hope restaurants will find something like this for better use.
I agree with you because some of my friends also avoiding bitcoin due to high fee structure of bitcoin. I think this problem would be settled in future very soon because the management would not want to discourage people. It is right that if restaurants start accepting bitcoin then it would become very easy for bitcoin holders for their smooth and without any fee payment. I hope the issue will be solved soon.
Activity: 966
Merit: 535
Imagine if a fast food outlet embraced cryptocurrency and had their very own coin. I think one day this will be a reality where s chain restaurant will have it's very own coin. Imagine if that coin had it's own value. Owning them would be like an investment. An investment you can spend. I can't wait for such future innovation.
Activity: 252
I do not want to invest bitcoin, because I will collect as much bitcoin as possible. If my bitcoin has accumulated, it will invest bitcoin.
 Grin
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Thank you Smiley
Bitcoin is a good investment and that money that you don't need for about 2 to 3 years is a good range of year of investment in bitcoin because the price of bitcoin might already x3 of the price now and you already x3 your investment. The fees of bitcoin is one of the downside of bitcoin for me but i understand why it is high because of the continuous transactions that getting the network too busy and it makes the network slow so the miners need more fees so they can transact faster and i think the segwit will become the solution for the problem in the fees because it will give more block size for bitcoin which is more space and the network will become bigger.
Indeed. Bitcoin is a good investment and because of that you could earn and make good profit. In addition to that, if you invest few year ago in bitcoin I think now you could become millionaire or billionaire. Investing in bitcoin is a good option if you really want to make a good profit.
Activity: 238
Altcoin is better to invest if you think about high costs because of OP, segit is already activated by litecoin then many layers of payment and lightning network will also follow it, see if you want to invest money in it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

Bitcoin for me is meant to be an investment because the returns of it just for saving is really huge when you compare it to other businesses. If you wanted to spend bitcoin then better spend it in large amount transaction because when you spend it that way, you will not worry so much about the fees.
Bitcoin is a fantastic investment but do not forget that bitcoin more than anything is a currency and as time passes and more people begin to adopt bitcoin, then bitcoin will be able to fulfill its primary function, also segwit activation will help with that since transactions are going to be faster and cheaper.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

Segwit's supposed to solve this problem... let's wait and watch
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

At the moment, bitcoin can't really be used for conducting day to day transactions. I agree that the transaction fee is very high, and then there's a chance of having a pending transaction or too long. Even I would advise you to look at your bitcoin as an investment for now
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
You could just buy bitcoins the amount you said you do not need for two to three years since bitcoin is such a good investment.  Given already that transaction fee for bitcoin is high considering that its price is really high compared before.  But since today is August 1 and we do not know what will the price of bitcoin will be so better to just invest on bitcoin.  The amount of transaction fee is nothing compared to profit you will earn upon investing on bitcoin.
You are right that if someone will be aware with the profit of the bitcoin and the other benefits coming from the bitcoin then he will not care for the fees of bitcoin transaction which the miners deduct for confirmation. I also using bitcoin because I know that bitcoin fees is not that much high which is of other payment processors for online freelancers.
Pages:
Jump to: