Pages:
Author

Topic: The Reason why you chose your username - page 5. (Read 1092 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
October 26, 2022, 03:49:15 AM

When I first came to the forum one thing that marveled me was  the different usernames displaying. Then I asked my friend and he told me that, it is to hide identity.

And a thought came to me that even though it is to hide identity and they chose the name, there must be a reason of selecting that username.

So, why do you chose that username?

OP, my little advice is to try using the search. You come to the forum in May, and you suddenly become too active and create topics that are chewed up every three months.
Now, in order not to create another mega-thread, you can read this topic. Maybe it will satisfy your curiosity.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/choice-of-username-and-peoples-perception-5414499
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.60041950
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
October 26, 2022, 01:25:06 AM
There was also a point when usernames fascinated me in a way. They got me curious.

But while privacy is closely associated with Bitcoin and Satoshi Nakamoto's identity is successfully kept hidden until now, a number of early Bitcoin adopters, developers even, and strong Bitcoin evangelists didn't really conceal their identities here.

Hal Finney got Hal and even had his own picture used as avatar. Gavin Andresen had Gavin Andresen and his face as avatar as well. Andreas Antonopoulos had aantonop and did the same with his avatar. The same goes with Dr. Adam back with his adam3us and his picture. There were probably more of them.

And then there was gmaxwell and achow101 and laszlo and more. And even admins Sirius and theymos are not really unknown outside of this forum.

Anyway, as for my username, it has something to do with the anime Darker than Black. It should've been just Darker but since it was already taken, I thought of a number combination. I ended up with 45. This, too, has an explanation, quite a long one, so...
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
October 25, 2022, 11:36:17 PM
Pretty simple — I chose my username simply because the 3 characters sort of relates to me in some way, but at the same time with it not giving away any details about my personal information. But really, I don't know why people on Bitcointalk sort of over-analyzes usernames; it's really not that important at all.

In general with my usernames outside of Bitcointalk though? I mostly just use random crap lol.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 393
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
October 25, 2022, 11:25:26 PM
Displaying different usernames can also make it easier for you to remember other usernames, your mind will be on one name that you remember and make it easy to find it.
Most forum users have reasons for choosing a username, such as the forum name I use has the meaning "Wise".
Picking a random name has also been used by some users that don't have any meaning, behind all that is not too important to me. Positive values applied in the forum and providing knowledge to other users will make you better known even though the forum name only uses the same three characters "AAA or BBB".
Activity: 62
Merit: 15
October 25, 2022, 07:49:17 PM
Amazing, I'm laughing right here
I actually choose my username because of the person, Who introduced me to the platform, it's name is Lord OC. My desire has always be to learn as much as I can about Bitcoin, I also want to impact some newbies in my local community about this digital asset too, I couldn't think of any other name, Except the excellent Lord the one who introduced me, And my name Silva. Along with my purpose on the platform ( Bitcoin - BTC )
Activity: 798
Merit: 1045
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
October 25, 2022, 07:23:28 PM

When I first came to the forum one thing that marveled me was  the different usernames displaying. Then I asked my friend and he told me that, it is to hide identity.

And a thought came to me that even though it is to hide identity and they chose the name, there must be a reason of selecting that username.

Funny you ... 😌
Even without the fact that different display names are used to maintain pseudonymity, just as you described, could everyone possibly use the same name?? So you won't get marveled any longer?? Shessss!
Some peeps get confused when choosing a display name and sometimes, gets cut up by whatever bugs 'em at that point; there by, making outta 'em, a name.

Well, there are very many reasons or, sometimes -- no reasons attached to the selection of a display name; in my case, my real name has 3 letters that are included in the first name, SANDRA. Hakeem came after some sort of random selection. It's unique and serves as a prolific mask to the hush- phenomenal user behind the account.

Sandra 💇
Activity: 32
Merit: 10
October 25, 2022, 04:49:45 PM

Pages:
Jump to: