Pages:
Author

Topic: The Scam List - page 4. (Read 31216 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Lux e tenebris
January 17, 2014, 06:09:10 PM
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
January 10, 2014, 12:05:34 PM
Just to add..

I would urge anyone who believes they have been victim of fraud by https://bitcoinexchangeltd.com to report it ASAP to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.

It only takes 20 minutes or so to do so and the more reports submitted on individual fraudsters the higher the profile of their case with the police. The sooner these and similar fraudulent websites are taken down the better for us all and the future of Bitcoin/crypto currencies.
Activity: 13
January 10, 2014, 08:11:13 AM
Another SCAM to add to this sorry list:

Bitcoin Exchange Ltd, https://bitcoinexchangeltd.com

Claim they trade BTC for cash but my experience is they just take your BTC (see also https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4370868)

In the absence of my promised but yet to materialise refund my loss has been minor. It seems from https://blockchain.info/address/1Ndvbh9Li8Bm8jSSfPUyj3ytNrNz49HxWV (on just one of their deposit addresses) others stand to loose much more including several deposits since my earlier posts.

It also seems their claimed Company registration # 08459694 and associated address may not be their own (see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4374395)

<<
Name & Registered Office:
BITCOIN EXCHANGE LTD.
 86-90 PAUL STREET
LONDON
ENGLAND
EC2A 4NE
Company No. 08459694

Date of Incorporation: 25/03/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):  None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
Last Accounts Made Up To:   (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2014
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 22/04/2014

Mortgage: Number of charges: ( 0 outstanding / 0 satisfied / 0 part satisfied )      

Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

UK Establishment Details  
There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.

Oversea Company Info  
There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.
>>

Whois shows Michael Harris as their domain registrant. This is the same guy who pops up on their on-line chat though with me he claimed to be no more than a third party chat operator unable to make any decisions.

<<
Domain Name: BITCOINEXCHANGELTD.COM
 Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
 Registrant Name: Michael Harris
 Registrant Organization: BITCOIN EXCHANGE LTD.
 Name Server: NS2.BITCOINEXCHANGELTD.COM
 Name Server: NS1.BITCOINEXCHANGELTD.COM
 DNSSEC: unsigned

For complete domain details go to:
 http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=BITCOINEXCHANGELTD.COM

Information Updated: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:05:19 UTC
>>

If anyone has experience to contrary I'd be happy to know. If I receive my refund after all I'll let you know. Gross obstructiveness and incompetence is one thing, while fraud would be another entirely.

Meanwhile I've filed full reports with Action Fraud and the UK Office of Fair Trading.
Lux e tenebris
January 10, 2014, 07:27:05 AM
To anyone who thinks they have found an asic bitcoin miner: sorry, but no, you 99% likely have not.

There are about a dozen known hardware providers, see this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4364939 and half of them are dishonest

otherwise all asic bitcoin miners and manufacturers are scams

edit: okay there are some providers not on either list, maybe 20 or so Chinese resellers of Avalon boards, maybe 10 known ( on this forum ) board and thumb makers, but

if you think you have found an undiscovered asic miner, no, please read here first or you will lose your money
Lux e tenebris
January 10, 2014, 07:15:59 AM
Man you're calm about it. I'd be hopping up and down, and willing to travel, to strangle... enough about me.
Sorry for your loss. Keep all records. Join forces with other scamees. Maybe btc antiscam lawyers will become a thing. There's surely enough loot involved.

Activity: 2
January 10, 2014, 03:44:49 AM
I doubt there's really anything anyone can do. But I thought I'd post here to maybe shed some light on "Xtrememiners.net". First of all they've stolen over $200,000 so far.

They are clearly a fraud, and I stupidly sent them $10,000 worth of bitcoin about a month ago. I've come in contact with several other people that have been scammed, and managed to get some info on them.
contact with. They claim to be selling BTC Asic miners, but in reality they, their company, and their product do not exist. They make a good job of making them anonymous/unreachable as well.

Heres the small amount of information I have on them:

ISP: Affinity Internet (Now a subsidiary of Hostway Services)
Domain Security: Hostway Services
Web design service: Wix.com
IP: 10.60.103.211 (Blocked with a proxy) Public IP: 216.185.152.159
Main Bitcoin Wallet used to Launder funds: 18YZ4gSS8n84w9WY57nUW4UQFSQypMb7SV

I've tricked them several times into calling me, so I could bluff/scare them into giving my BTC back, or atleast shutting their website down. No dice. Both times a young woman answered the phone, and gave me a bunch of vague answers to rather probing questions (Why don't you have a VAT, Who is Mr.Berg, etc). The second time she called a few minutes later answering to a different name. I called her out on it, and she became panicky and hung up.

The information listed in their Impressum is false, and I have strong reason to believe they are based out of the U.S. based both on domain (.com/.de) Lack of business registration for Germany, and information gained through calls made to them.
I have tried getting information from Wix.com/Hostway Services/Affinity Internet, but they all say they cannot release information without a court order. I have tried taking this case to law enforcement, but no one has taken any action against these fraudsters, probably due to the murky nature of legislation regarding the currency.
If anyone could offer advice/help, I'd sincerely appreciate it, but I understand at this point I, and the other victims of the scam, pretty much just learned a $10,000 lesson in life.
Activity: 378
January 08, 2014, 01:41:33 AM
Another wanna be company claiming to be shipping miners now

http://hashcoins.com
Activity: 49
January 06, 2014, 06:25:18 PM
How come alpha-t.net isnt on the list? Is it only for bitcoin mining hardware?

Website registered less than 8 months ago
    An 6U rack weighs approx. 12kg - EMPTY. Yet... the 5 x Viper weighs 6kg... approx.
    No name mentioned on website, except partner. No CEO. No engineer-named, albeit the fact that this must be quite a daunting undertaking.
    Picture of company shows banner, they cut-off the door, windows, street... "unwanted" signs?
    So far in the testing of the unit, and they can't show a decent enclosure?
    Website has 90% focus on sell, 2% on product, 8% the rest.
    If you outsource the CHIP-design, your focus must be marketing, so what are the "IT"-people doing? CPU development is a VERY difficult undertaking, so it won't do with people with MS-certifications, but very specialized labs.
    If the product is not yet finnished, how do they know the price now?
    If the product IS finnished, with 70% CM, it would be much more profitable to actually mine yourself because every machine would pay its own cost (with 25USD/LTC and DIFF = 3200) in 20 days or less.
    They know people will scrutinize, why on earth not show yourself + staff with picture, names etc? ANY person? ANY name? ANY photo?
    If you want to look like a scam, then it would look like this. And based on ockhams razor... this is then a scam.

No accounts filed with Companies House and they are renamed from another company that was dissolved after a year. You can order more info but you have to pay companies house for the fileings etc.

Company Details

Print Page. Open help text in a new window.

ALPHA TECHNOLOGY (INT) LTD
66 DICKENSON ROAD
MANCHESTER
ENGLAND
M14 5HF
Company No. 08483921

Date of Incorporation: 11/04/2013

Nature of Business (SIC):
71121 - Engineering design activities for industrial process and production
72190 - Other research and experimental development on natural sciences and engineering
Accounting Reference Date: 30/04
Last Accounts Made Up To:  (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 11/01/2015
Last Return Made Up To: 30/11/2013
Next Return Due: 28/12/2014
Last Members List: 30/11/2013
Previous Names:
Date of change    Previous Name
22/07/2013    CHESHIRE TECHNOLOGY LTD
UK Establishment Details
Oversea Company Info

CHESHIRE TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
GLOUCESTER HOUSE
CHURCH WALK
BURGESS HILL
WEST SUSSEX
UNITED KINGDOM
RH15 9AS
Company No. 07002975

Date of Incorporation: 27/08/2009

Nature of Business (SIC):
None Supplied
Accounting Reference Date: 31/08
Last Accounts Made Up To:  (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due:
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due:
Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.
UK Establishment Details
Oversea Company Info
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 06, 2014, 02:22:27 PM
How come alpha-t.net isnt on the list? Is it only for bitcoin mining hardware?

Website registered less than 8 months ago
    An 6U rack weighs approx. 12kg - EMPTY. Yet... the 5 x Viper weighs 6kg... approx.
    No name mentioned on website, except partner. No CEO. No engineer-named, albeit the fact that this must be quite a daunting undertaking.
    Picture of company shows banner, they cut-off the door, windows, street... "unwanted" signs?
    So far in the testing of the unit, and they can't show a decent enclosure?
    Website has 90% focus on sell, 2% on product, 8% the rest.
    If you outsource the CHIP-design, your focus must be marketing, so what are the "IT"-people doing? CPU development is a VERY difficult undertaking, so it won't do with people with MS-certifications, but very specialized labs.
    If the product is not yet finnished, how do they know the price now?
    If the product IS finnished, with 70% CM, it would be much more profitable to actually mine yourself because every machine would pay its own cost (with 25USD/LTC and DIFF = 3200) in 20 days or less.
    They know people will scrutinize, why on earth not show yourself + staff with picture, names etc? ANY person? ANY name? ANY photo?
    If you want to look like a scam, then it would look like this. And based on ockhams razor... this is then a scam.
Activity: 195
January 06, 2014, 07:05:28 AM
well, soon enough many companies will be in that list. late delivery seems way too common.
Activity: 991
Merit: 500
January 06, 2014, 06:32:21 AM
I feel HashFast belongs on that list..
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
January 06, 2014, 06:23:34 AM
BFL delivered before.. just late. haha

How they handled refunds was borderline scammy in my opinion. And being 1 year late is not acceptable for any preorder.
Activity: 195
January 06, 2014, 06:10:41 AM
BFL delivered before.. just late. haha
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
January 06, 2014, 05:13:00 AM
Why is BFL not on this list?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
January 06, 2014, 04:37:25 AM
Recommended: Bitfie - Win a Wallet   Hashcows gpu pool   Nasty asic pool   Bitminter - my overall best pool   Wasp open hardware project   A great video   A great bitcoin faq

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We hope we can live up to the status of recommended!
Lux e tenebris
Lux e tenebris
Lux e tenebris
Activity: 378
December 29, 2013, 12:10:59 AM