Pages:
Author

Topic: The UEFA Nations League 2020/2021 Discussion Thread - page 112. (Read 17140 times)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
I was very sure there was already a topic about this somewhere,,, should we not try to keep everything in one thread so we can continue conversations if possible? Or am I thinking of some other competition maybe, I tried digging but my eyes miss it. When was the last Nations League game?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
must say that did not followed this competition during last/first time that it was played, and could not say that i will follow it now, but will bet on it for sure, because there will be no meaningful football alternatives during nations league play-days

quotes for a winner seem to provide info that there is no real favorite, although the final match is really a distant future, and it is harsh to pick some team as best for that moment

thanks for putting the subject to prediction/discussion
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1671
#birdgang

Source: https://images2.minutemediacdn.com/image/upload/c_fill,w_912,h_516,f_auto,q_auto,g_auto/shape/cover/sport/uefa-nations-league-draw-others-5e5e911212eb9ad875000001.jpg

This competition was already a bit weird during normal times and I am not sure, if anyone really needs this during these difficult times. But anyway, you can bet on it, so lets use this thread to discuss the games and maybe find some good bets.

The Schedule

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%9321_UEFA_Nations_League

This shows already the madness - Finals one year later, play-outs even 1.5 years Tongue

League A

Group A1Group A2Group A3Group A4
PolandIcelandCroatiaGermany

Group winners will move into Finals, last placed teams will relegate to League B.

League B

Group B1Group B2Group B3Group B4
RomaniaIsraelHungaryBulgaria

Group winners will promote to League A, last placed teams will relegate to League C.

League C

Group C1Group C2Group C3Group C4
AzerbaijanArmeniaMoldovaKazakhstan

Group winners will promote to League B, last placed teams will have play-outs to relegate to League D.

League D

Group D1Group D2
Malta

Group winners will promote to League C, last placed teams will have to fear nothing Cheesy

The Odds

Source: https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B1/C172/D1/E47096511/F2/

This is not very interesting right now, so just for the record Wink

There will be tons of matches next weekend already and among them some interesting ones (well that depends very much on your personal taste in the end), like Germany vs Spain, Portugal vs Croatia, Denmark vs Belgium, Sweden vs France etc. Most of these matches will be played behind closed doors for the time being afaik, so this will be a bit more difficult to predict like could be seen in the various european leagues and competitions already. The motivation of the teams is a big question mark, although this league has some implications for the 2022 World Cup qualification. I guess we will see some surprise results already in first round, you just have to spot them, which is not easy Grin

Happy discussing and predicting Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: