Pages:
Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 75. (Read 93639 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
December 17, 2023, 09:59:47 PM
Great UFC event and here are my bet and prediction results for the UFC 296

Leon Edwards VS Colby Covington ROUND 5 - DECISION - WIN

Actually, Donald Trump was not looking proud of what was happening with Colby Covington and Covington did promise the belt would be back in America, but he got a shameful performance in front of the crowd and that is not a good showcase for sure, as Leon Edwards has done it again, those faint's was really something and he always gets Covington with those shots, even though Colby Covington has the much strike output  and even if Covington has the most takedown attempts of 10 and got 2 success over it he doesn't have any submission attempts to get himself a greater score, while Leon Edwards just got 3 takedowns but have 2 success in those takedowns and got 2 submission attempts that is why he got the score card for him,

Shavkat Rakhmonov VS Stephen Thompson ROUND 2 - SUBMISSION - WIN

Great job for Shavkat Rakhmonov and just expected that Stephen Thompson could not handle the pressure with Rakhmonov and that he could not do anything against him clearly from striking and wrestling Rakhmonov is dominant over Wonderboy, there is clearly a huge gap between their speed and strength, and those takedowns and that successful submission for sure it was a great performance for Shavkat and Stephen Thompson is not near him for sure,

Tony Ferguson VS Paddy Pimblett ROUND 3 - DECISION - LOST

Actually, I think this fight is a close one, I think Tony Ferguson did a great job aswell in his old age he can still do something like this and I think this but for sure the UFC will let Paddy Pimblett win, and I think they are not wrong with their decision as Paddy Pimblett got the most striking those takedowns was only 4 and 1 was a success for Paddy Pimblett, but even though I don't like that Paddy win this fight  the decision was correct that Paddy Pimblett did win,

Just in, In the recent UFC 296 there was a scuffle in the crowd seats as Sean Strickland got into a heated argument with Dricus du Plessis, and then Strickland told Gilbert Burns's kids to step aside and then he jumped and clobbered the hell out of Dicus, here is the video of the incident and this is during the Paddy Pimplett VS Tony Ferguson's that they heated up, and here is the video https://x.com/ufc/status/1736275668256567687?s=20

And This is what Dana White has to say and he added what kind of an asshole that they let Strickland sit next to Dricus du Plessis, and that he said that he was the asshole that let Sean Strickland sit apart of Dricus  du Plessis here is the video, https://x.com/jedigoodman/status/1736280139426943321?s=20

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248
December 17, 2023, 06:51:22 PM

I don't know what Jon Jones was thinking. He has everything to be the strongest but yesterday he didn't seem like he wanted to fight Ngannou. His match against Cyril Gane was extraordinary because Gane is also a new UFC prospect. But we all know Gane has many flaws with his wrestling. Dan Jones beats Gane with wrestling/lockdown. The fight against Miocic is entitled goat vs goat but as I said, currently Miocic is no longer the goat in the heavyweight class. Did Jones pick Miocic because he would claim to be the guy who beat Goat when we know it would be an easy win?

And he may never have a fight against Francis Ngannou even though they would want to fight each other they can not clash inside the octagon as Francis Ngannou is now on PFL and has an issue with Dana White, so there will be no chance for us to witness those 2 fight but If Jon Jones retired and go to the PFL then we might have a chance on witnessing this 2 fight,

My pick and prediction for the UFC 296: Edwards vs. Covington

Leon Edwards (1.65) VS Colby Covington (2.42) - WIN

There are a lot of factors why Colby Covington lost this fight but Leon Edwards was very technical moving forward in getting Covington, you can clearly see Edwards faints, and for sure his composure is there while getting Covington, those takedown attempts of Covington was no used to Leon Edwards takedown defense for sure there is no way for Covington to takedown and scramble against Leon Edwards and this is a win for Leon Edwards,

Alexandre Pantoja (1.54) VS Brandon Royval (2.70) - WIN

Even though this fight ended with a decision win over Brandon Royval, and it was a masterful class performance for Alexandre Pantoja, for sure even in a rematch with Brandon Moreno I think Moreno will have a hard time against him, Brandon Royval could have the striking output but Alexandre Pantoja has dominated the wrestling, as Pantoja throws 14 takedowns and 8 or it was successful and he also got 1 submission attempt that scores him big in this fight, while Royval throw 1 takedown and it was failed,

Shavkat Rakhmonov (1.17) VS Stephen Thompson (6.00) - WIN

Shavkat Rakhmonov really outclassed Stephen Thompson you can clearly see from this fight that it was really a one-sided fight as in terms of striking Rakhmonov has the output and the speed was really great that Thompson all they did was to defend, Shavkat Rakhmonov throws 5 takedowns and 2 submission attempts and it ended in a rear naked choke win for Shavkat Rakhmonov,
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1282
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
December 17, 2023, 06:01:30 PM
Oh man, it is so sad to look at Tony Ferguson fights in last few years Sad
This guys just does not know when to stop to compete in professional MMA, he is getting old and slow, but I blame Dana White for keeping him in UFC for so long.
After loss from Paddy Pimblett and seven loss in a row, I think this is finally enough, or he is going to permanently damage his health.

Activity: 2156
Merit: 685
December 17, 2023, 04:23:43 PM
Tony Ferguson is a fighter that had 15 wins in a row and out of 15 wins, 13 wins were by knock out. Isn't that amazing stats? And what we see right now? A legendary fighter getting beaten by every next opponent. His time has long gone, he has to retire to respect himself..

How are you familiar with lightweigth, UFC greed and how crazy Tony is?

Peak of lighweigth fighter career comes at the age of 32-33. At that age, he was one of the best. Now he is no longer peak form, but UFC keep on prolonging his contract, because his name makes good ppv and tickets sales. Add to this, that Tony had menthal issues. And we get what we get now. Old fighter that refuses to retire and UFC that keep on triggerim him to continue fighting.

About 7 losses in a row - he had lost to one of the best. He is like old Ronaldo (not Christiano), that plays against Messi, Ronaldo, Haaland or Mbappe. Yes he runs on the field, he can score, but he isnt as quick, have same reflexes as they. Hope you get it.
As long as ticket sales do not drop, there is no problem on the UFC side. Tony still has a contract, but the damage he receives will further worsen his illness, or perhaps he will feel worse in the void when he quits fighting altogether. Paddy respects him. He wanted to greet Tony a few times, but Tony didn't even look at him. Tony Ferguson has slowed down a lot due to his age.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
December 17, 2023, 03:25:46 PM
Tony Ferguson is a fighter that had 15 wins in a row and out of 15 wins, 13 wins were by knock out. Isn't that amazing stats? And what we see right now? A legendary fighter getting beaten by every next opponent. His time has long gone, he has to retire to respect himself..

Peak of lighweigth fighter career comes at the age of 32-33. At that age, he was one of the best. Now he is no longer peak form, but UFC keep on prolonging his contract, because his name makes good ppv and tickets sales. Add to this, that Tony had menthal issues. And we get what we get now. Old fighter that refuses to retire and UFC that keep on triggerim him to continue fighting.

About 7 losses in a row - he had lost to one of the best. He is like old Ronaldo (not Christiano), that plays against Messi, Ronaldo, Haaland or Mbappe. Yes he runs on the field, he can score, but he isnt as quick, have same reflexes as they. Hope you get it.

at one point in his prime, those guys who beat him wouldn't last a round but he did survive 3 rounds with Paddy.

for the longest time they have been in MMA, fighting may just be the only thing that Tony knows to make a living. so it doesn't matter now whether he lost and was humiliated several times as long as he can make it in these crazy times. after the fight, Dana said he would like to see Tony retire already which i think will soon be goodbye for Tony.

legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1476
December 17, 2023, 03:02:05 PM

Activity: 882
Merit: 792
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
December 17, 2023, 12:03:09 PM
Tony was an amazing fighter with amazing mentality and he still has this mentality but so many loses in a row, that's a huge shame for a legendary fighter, a huge shame. I wish he hasn't fought this time.

I would no call it shame for Tony to have 7 losses in a row. First, because his time already has come, but for the last 3 years he has been fighting against tol fighters. Oliveira, Garthji, Dariush, Chandler. They are in their prime, but he wasnt. Give him someone no-name and there would be a victory in his record. Second, we should shame UFC instead. They have been using his name to sell tickets. Even if Tony is in prime, he is still on the poster and main card.

P.S. DDP gonna take belt from Strickland, he has already beaten his ass https://www.instagram.com/reel/C08cqVWueNe/?igshid=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==  Grin
Tony Ferguson is a fighter that had 15 wins in a row and out of 15 wins, 13 wins were by knock out. Isn't that amazing stats? And what we see right now? A legendary fighter getting beaten by every next opponent. His time has long gone, he has to retire to respect himself. Sorry but I think that the fact that he doesn't retire and loses after lose, is a huge disrespect of his own self.

DPP got elbow hit 5 times without a chance to respond back, what a fantastic method from Stickland to fire someone with full rage.
legendary
December 17, 2023, 11:20:03 AM
Agree, Covington performed strange. Only starting from third round he has started to show some wrestling. To my surpize, Edwards managed to stand up from all take down from that all American wrestler. He even took Covington down himself, and tried to close triangle in fifth round. Just some stats - Colby has lost 3/3 title fights. I bet no one would give him same opportunity soon or ever again.

A bit of ha-ha. Synchronice said that he is ashamed of Tony performance, but I am more ashamed of Paddy, who started to breath heavily in third round, while veteran was more fresh.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 17, 2023, 08:52:05 AM
I was expecting an early finish in both championship fight. I can even say that was disappointed. Only Rakhmonov did his homework well. And Tony vs Pimblett fight went as expected. Once again Tony looks tired in the octagon. Walking, blocking with head, makes 1 or 2 dangerous moments and that is it, he runs out of everything.

I kinda expected the co main event to go exactly how it went.  Pantoja kinda got tired up there but was able to carry on and avoided giving Royval the momentum.  But yeah, the main event was a huuuge let down.  I mean after hyping everybody up at the pre fight press conference he wasn't able to back it up.  Covington didn't look like himself up there.

Here's the post fight press conference.  I usually just skip the vid to Dana White and hear what he has to say about what's next and what match ups are coming.  I think it's gonna be another awesome year for UFC fans.

UFC 296:  Post Fight Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehW_A_g9Sj4

Ahd here's another fun press conference.  Watch Strickland and DDP try to get into each other's heads.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

UFC 2024 Season Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVtJoje20vM

Anyway, UFC 296 early prelims and the prelims were reeeaally good.  The PPV card started good but then main event was meh. But overall had fun with this one.

Edit:  Check out the first match...

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/107061-ufc-299

Hope it doesn't get cancelled.
legendary
December 17, 2023, 06:47:58 AM
Tony was an amazing fighter with amazing mentality and he still has this mentality but so many loses in a row, that's a huge shame for a legendary fighter, a huge shame. I wish he hasn't fought this time.

I would no call it shame for Tony to have 7 losses in a row. First, because his time already has come, but for the last 3 years he has been fighting against tol fighters. Oliveira, Garthji, Dariush, Chandler. They are in their prime, but he wasnt. Give him someone no-name and there would be a victory in his record. Second, we should shame UFC instead. They have been using his name to sell tickets. Even if Tony is in prime, he is still on the poster and main card.

P.S. DDP gonna take belt from Strickland, he has already beaten his ass https://www.instagram.com/reel/C08cqVWueNe/?igshid=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==  Grin
Activity: 882
Merit: 792
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
December 17, 2023, 06:32:44 AM
I have a bad feeling about the Ferguson vs Paddy fight. Obviously as a fellow Liverpool fan I want Paddy to win but I dunno, I think it will be a big test for him. Ferguson is a seasoned fighter, a real yard dog.

Weigh in video - https://youtu.be/hVceH46XUHk
Tony Ferguson said that Paddy is hated by his own people. After Tony's speech, it's curious to read someone supports him because of Liverpool.

After seeing Tony Ferguson vs Paddy Pimblett, I have to admit that it broke my heart when I saw how Paddy destroyed him. I don't like Paddy because of his attitude but he was a favorite of this fight because he had advantage over Tony, he is a better fighter than Tony right now, Tony's time has long gone. It hurt me to see Tony losing again because Tony was an amazing fighter with amazing mentality and he still has this mentality but so many loses in a row, that's a huge shame for a legendary fighter, a huge shame. I wish he hasn't fought this time.

Does anyone know why was he training with David Goggins? For marketing purposes? Because as far as I know, like Paddy mentioned, he never had cardio endurance and mentality problems. I think it would be better for him to spend his time to train in techniques.
legendary
December 17, 2023, 04:07:24 AM
I was expecting an early finish in both championship fight. I can even say that was disappointed. Only Rakhmonov did his homework well. And Tony vs Pimblett fight went as expected. Once again Tony looks tired in the octagon. Walking, blocking with head, makes 1 or 2 dangerous moments and that is it, he runs out of everything.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 324
https://duelbits.com/
December 17, 2023, 12:33:42 AM
For sure Jon Jones is a talented monster sure it was like every IQ in the world he has gotten it, but after seeing Tom Aspinall doing that to Sergei Pavlovich I am sure that he can take on Jon Jones and I am likely excited for that fight to happen but for sure Stipe Miocic will likely to be the focus for Jon Jones right now for sure no Miocic fight then there will be no other fights aside from that,

I don't know what Jon Jones was thinking. He has everything to be the strongest but yesterday he didn't seem like he wanted to fight Ngannou. His match against Cyril Gane was extraordinary because Gane is also a new UFC prospect. But we all know Gane has many flaws with his wrestling. Dan Jones beats Gane with wrestling/lockdown. The fight against Miocic is entitled goat vs goat but as I said, currently Miocic is no longer the goat in the heavyweight class. Did Jones pick Miocic because he would claim to be the guy who beat Goat when we know it would be an easy win?
December 16, 2023, 07:42:32 PM
My Picks and Prediction for the UFC 296: Edwards vs. Covington

Leon Edwards (1.65) VS Colby Covington (2.42)

Going for this fight Leon Edwards has the technical aspect of striking while for me Colby Covington's Striking is not that great in terms of the wresting game Colby Covington is superb in this game but for me, Leon Edwards can counter with his takedown defense as for sure he has already prepared on this back when he fights Kamaru Usman, and on their 1st fight he is good at getting Usman in the scramble so for sure his wrestling has also improved so for me Leon Edwards is very well-rounded so for sure my pick is Leon Edwards,

Alexandre Pantoja (1.54) VS Brandon Royval (2.70)

This fight, is also their rematch and a title shot for Royval, for this fight, Alexandre is pretty much good with the wrestling game, and for sure his grappling is also what he has beating Brandon Moreno, so with that in mind, Pantoja has a bigger chance, while I don't know if Brandon Royval has improved much during back then when they fight but for sure Alexandre Pantoja is a stud in this fight so my pick is Alexandre Pantoja

Shavkat Rakhmonov (1.17) VS Stephen Thompson (6.00)

For this one, Stephen Thompson has great striking, and for sure he has prepared his standing defense for this fight, as he also got a decent one, apparently Shavkat Rakhmonov is pretty much well-rounded in my opinion, he surely got the option of choosing how he could defeat Thompson whether it is on strike because he got power or submitting Stephen Thompson on this fight so my pick is Shavkat Rakhmonov,
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
December 16, 2023, 07:14:20 PM
Yup! For sure Tony Ferguson is Pure Violence! I want him a legend to win this fight and just like you said to take him to the shadow realm for good, I hate Pimblett in all of the fiasco that he is doing to both him and his girlfriend Molly, I don't know why but for sure if betting for them will surely take profit I am not going to bet at all for them,  

I know Paddy is the big favourite, but I'm there with you in that I wouldn't bet on anyone in that match. I think that Tony is a Legend and to be honest I hate Paddy with all his bad attitude all this time. Maybe he wants to have the persona of a McGregor but I can say there will be no second McGregor in the UFC. At least for now.

Well, too late for that because I already made my bet, actually I am having doubts if Tony Ferguson would win this but because of a certain feeling that Tony Ferguson is really serious about this I think that there is a chance for Tony but this is going to be hard for him winning this fight and if he is not careful about Paddy Pimblett then this is another lost for him, I know very well that Ferguson is old now but there are some miracles that are happening with some fights in the MMA and I would risk this, huge risk huge return,

Ha-ha. You got caught on a hook of media. Molly isnt Pimblett girlfriend. His real girlfriend (Laura Gregory) is so much pissed off every time people make that confusion Grin I would be really-really pissed off every time I see them together Cheesy Molly is just from the same town, perhaps from the same gym. But the fact that they always appear together is funny. She is like a remora. She wants some fame to, but get crumbs all the time Cheesy

What I am trying to say is Girl-Friend and not girlfriend like the auto-correction has suggested, but anyway, I have still go with it, I know that Molly McCann is not really his girlfriend but I didn't know that Paddy Pimblett has such a fine Girl like Laura Gregory but yeah Molly McCann is not near her beauty as McCann looks like a male, sorry McCann fans,

Leon Edwards VS Colby Covington

The stake odds for this fight are 1.65 for Edwards and 2.42 for Covington, in my opinion, Leon Edwards has good striking and his striking is very technical that I think he will surprise Colby Covington for sure, but Colby Covington will be aggressive on the ground and when he does Leon Edwards will be OK with his takedown defense and that is what he came prepare against Kamaru Usman his takedown defense will be solid n those situations, so my pick is Leon Edwards,

Shavkat Rakhmonov VS Stephen Thompson

The stake odds for this fight are 1.17 for Rakhmonov and 6.00 for Thompson, for this fight, there is no doubt that Shavkat Rakhmonov will be the favorite to win as Rakhmonov is pretty much dominant with the striking he has the power and the accuracy in this fight and so he will be very good on the stand-up, and mostly his ground game will be so much good aswell, while Stephen Thompson will be pretty much not having a chance here, let say he just accepted this fight because of the money so my pick is nonother but Shavkat Rakhmonov,

Tony Ferguson VS Paddy Pimblett

The stake odds for this fight are 3.60 for Ferguson and 1.35 for Pimblett, now this is a risk and a gambling bet for me, as Tony Ferguson is now in his old form even though he has good striking and has some advantage on the ground as many have thought he will be good against Khabib Nurmagomedov, as many people believe I also think that he can also be great against Paddy Pimblett, now in this case I am really biased here because I don't like Paddy Pimblett at all he also go beyond down the lever of not treating anybody good, so my pick is Tony Ferguson,

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
December 16, 2023, 06:35:41 PM
I have a bad feeling about the Ferguson vs Paddy fight. Obviously as a fellow Liverpool fan I want Paddy to win but I dunno, I think it will be a big test for him. Ferguson is a seasoned fighter, a real yard dog.

I have a similar feeling. Paddy seemed calm and collected in his initial interviews, showing a lot of respect towards Tony, but he got too emotional and hot-headed during the press conference and following interviews. He switched from being respectful to wanting to destroy Ferguson. It's not a good sign when you let other fighters get into your head. On the other hand, Tony was not much better, but he's got nothing to lose at this point, so I think there's more pressure on Paddy.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 16, 2023, 09:28:16 AM

Anyway, did you guys watch the pre fight press conference..?  I mean LOL.  Won't spoil it if you haven't but all I can say is Covington is living in Edwards' head rent free.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Colby ate Edwards during conference Cheesy If Edwards gonna be so nervous during the fight, then it is time to load house on a bet Cheesy But, I did not like and accept touching family, especially those who passed away, to get in the head during trashtalk.

At first my initial reaction was like 'whoa' and and lol'd but after the whole thing, I realized that was something fcked up to say to somebody.  In my head it didn't process right away as I thought Leod Edwards' dad was just in jail or something.

Anyway, looking more closely at the event's roster I think there's like 10 underdogs who could find a way to win.  The two favorites who look like their locks are Rakhmonov and Pimblett.  :/  The match making for this one is excellent so I hope everybody watches it.  It's gonna be sooo good.

UFC 296:  Weigh In Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOCxit89al4

UFC 296:  Ceremonial Weigh In
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llwA7Nfyya8

UFC 296:  Embedded 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuuHoOP5bxM

Last call for jeremypwr's Multi Master

UFC F296:  Multi Master Challenge
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sportsbetio-ufc-296-multi-master-challenge-saturday-5477474

Sorry to say that this match up looks like it's a set up for Pimblett to win it.  I like Ferguson but the prime Ferguson is gone.  He could get KO'd here.

And tbh I don't mind his trash talk that much.  Ian Garry tho, lmao.  The guy is annoying af.
December 16, 2023, 06:16:56 AM

^ Even though Tony Ferguson was definitely one of the best fighters in the whole world, right now that is something of the past. Now he is not as good as he was anymore. We all know that he got a bad beating once and from then he has not been the same since. Other hand Paddy Pimblett is very young and energetic. Trust me, I do not want to say that Tony Ferguson is going to lose this fight. But at this moment it is very hard to trust him as well. But at the same time, if he does have a good fight, it is definitely not going to be surprising.

I think I will pass betting on the Tony Ferguson VS Paddy Pimblett fight at least just to focus on things in the main event for me the 3 main fights are what I want to see on this fight card for sure later I will post my prediction and what I think about the fight but with the Tony Ferguson and the Paddy Pimblett fight I am not so sure about it so I think I will support Tony Ferguson silently in the sidelines, for me I really want him to win but in his case, it is better for him to retire after this fight,

Actually, everyone on this topic wants Ferguson to win and have been cheering and praying for that all his last fights Cheesy I really felt sorry for him and it has started to be hard to watch him fighting after that KO via front kick to chin. If a miracle did not happen, this is going to be Tony's 7th lost in a row. Imho,if Tony wants to continue fighting so badly, the best solution would be moving to other promotion. Or he should move to prelims or early prelims and face fighters of a lower level.

I actually want Tony Ferguson to win this and will be cheering him but I am staying away from the betting that is for sure, I surely want to see the action for that fight because that will truly be a banger as Paddy Pimblett is also not a joke and now that he is exposed he surely is returning ready for this fight against Tony Ferguson but if he is underestimating Ferguson so much and he just eats and gets fat then slim down that will be a chance for Ferguson to win but still betting for Ferguson is a risk so staying away with this fight,

donator
Activity: 4760
Merit: 4323
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
December 16, 2023, 03:41:01 AM

I’m excited to see Paddy fight again. I don’t think he would stand a chance against Tony in his prime, but maybe now he can… We’ll see. I think Paddy might struggle with Tony’s speed and endurance but if it goes to the floor I think Paddy can get him. It’s a good fight matchup and definitely Paddy’s biggest challenge yet.
legendary
Activity: 3556
Merit: 9709
#1 VIP Crypto Casino
December 15, 2023, 04:11:12 PM

Pages:
Jump to: