Pages:
Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 88. (Read 93613 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
November 08, 2023, 08:33:15 AM

But Tom Aspinal VS Sergei Pavlovich is one interesting fight and his fight will be shown in that particular fight,

For me this fight is way more interesting than main event, as these two are potential next heavyweight champions. With Jiri and Pereira it looks like it is already clear who is going to win. UFC decided to throw Jiri, a guy who returns from injury and havent fought for more than a year, into a monster with concrete fists. Imho Pereira gonna land his left hook and finish everything in first or second round. But in a fight between Pavlovich and Aspinal, its power against tactics. That is really interesting to watch. As I have never seen Pavlovich defending against bjj.

Dana should have just stripped Jones of his belt and let the two fight for it to make this event bigger.

Nah...  There isn't any really legit reason to strip him off the belt.  He got injured and will prolly be back in 6 months or so.  And if not after a year, then yeah good time to strip him off the belt.  No reason to hold the division back altogether.

Here's 295 Emdedded's second episode...

UFC 295:  Embedded Episode 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdS3Obpcdw

And again here's jeremypwr's Multi Master.  Available to all participants of the pools indicated.  I'm lucky enough to be eligible as I joined the F1 pool.  Yipeee!  Grin

UFC 295:  Multi Master Challenge
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sportsbetio-ufc-295-multi-master-challenge-saturday-5473258

Glgl!
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1476
November 08, 2023, 01:36:49 AM
Of course current Jan is not an indicator of a fighter in prime and on top level. But I remember how he threw Izzy or I could say neutralized his striking by wrestling and ground control. A fight between Jan vs Pereira - Jan got old and wrestled less, but Pereira is not a top wrestler yet managed to defend all attacks. So in overall it a balances fight (if we speak about strength and skills) were Pereira won. That is why I think Jiri could do little against Pereira in wrestling and it would be a pure striker fight, were Pereira is better.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
November 07, 2023, 01:29:53 PM
Imho Pereira just land heavier strikes then Jiri and it will be enough to win. I really doubt Jiri gonna have an advantage on the ground, because that is not just his field. It will be pure kickboxing vs muay thai, where reach and power of Pereira would do all the work. Pereira won Polish power, and he had better wrestling than Jiri. Also Jiri is less powerfull than Blachowicz. Plus Jiri would be cautious because of operatuon he had.

I think that's how it will likely go down. Prochazka will probably try his luck and attempt to out-strike Pereira, if that fails, he'll have no choice but to attempt to take it to the ground. It won't be easy though. Pereira's base sport might be kickboxing, but he spent last few years on mastering takedown defence, so won't be as vulnerable as many may think.
I'm not sure if Pereira's fight against Blachowicz is good indication of anything. I have a lot of sympathy to Jan (he's my compatriot) but he's way past his prime. He's cardio is lacking and it affects his entre game. Prochazka is in his prime years and still has that drive and right mentality, whereas Pereira' main goal is likely to earn as much as possible before retiring in 2-3 years.
It's going to be an interesting one for sure.

Dana should have just stripped Jones of his belt and let the two fight for it to make this event bigger.

They are fighting for the interim belt though.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
November 07, 2023, 11:43:38 AM

But Tom Aspinal VS Sergei Pavlovich is one interesting fight and his fight will be shown in that particular fight,

For me this fight is way more interesting than main event, as these two are potential next heavyweight champions. With Jiri and Pereira it looks like it is already clear who is going to win. UFC decided to throw Jiri, a guy who returns from injury and havent fought for more than a year, into a monster with concrete fists. Imho Pereira gonna land his left hook and finish everything in first or second round. But in a fight between Pavlovich and Aspinal, its power against tactics. That is really interesting to watch. As I have never seen Pavlovich defending against bjj.

On the ground is the last thing Pavlo wants, if he can remain standing he will prefer to fight on his feet.
Pavlo was taken by Overeem and with almost no struggle Overeem hammered him to KO.  Aspinall could do this too if he finds Pavlo hard to hit because of the jabs. But because Pavlo is a big guy, he would need rapid punches to flatline a heavyweight like Pavlo.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 248
November 07, 2023, 11:20:07 AM

I have a feeling Jiri Prochazka is gonna get caught and cracked in the chin then get starched.  Dunno...  It's just from Prochazka's matches he leaves himself wide open.

As for Aspinall, I have him to win but if he keeps getting his chin high up Pav could put him to sleep too.  Both these underdogs are live.  

Anyway, I see some familiar names in there but nothing particularly sticks out as far as good match ups go except for the main and the co main events.

UFC 295:  Countdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHo2cpVJQbU

UFC Free Fight:  Prochazka vs Reyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0kGi7cQ7Uk

UFC Free Fight:  Pereira vs Adesanya 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-WSAzluSeE

Enjoy...

If Jiri Prochazka could get the takedown faster then he doesn't need to worry about the knockout power of Pereira, but for sure Alex Pereira has trained in the wings of Glover Texeira and for sure Texeira wants his kid to win against Jiri Prochazka as he got unfinished business with Prochazka for sure, for me this is a very interesting match for me I still don't know who's I going to pick but looking back at their past matches for sure,

Choosing the strategy for this fight won't be easy for Jiri. He himself prefers striking, but will be facing someone who's (on paper) better than him in at it. I don't expect he will try to move the fight to the ground. Maybe he'll be attempting some takedowns in an effort to score some points and win rounds. But if the samurai mentality kicks in, we may see a real slug fest.
This fight has really good entertainment potential.

In my opinion, Jiri Prochazka is aware of the danger of Alex Pereira's striking and knockout power I think Jiri Prochazka will try everything in his power to win this one and I think he can not afford to lose it, for sure Prochazka would want to try his striking and could try the waters but I think he will have a realization and go for the fight on the ground,

Imho Pereira just land heavier strikes then Jiri and it will be enough to win. I really doubt Jiri gonna have an advantage on the ground, because that is not just his field. It will be pure kickboxing vs muay thai, where reach and power of Pereira would do all the work. Pereira won Polish power, and he had better wrestling than Jiri. Also Jiri is less powerfull than Blachowicz. Plus Jiri would be cautious because of operatuon he had.

Jiri Prochazka had a great performance against Glover Texeira even though he is not into ground fights I think he can pull this up for me Jiri can adjust to the situation even though if he wants to pursue this fight on a stand-up he will go into a realization that he needs to get this fight into the ground because for sure it is not safe for him, to go toe to toe with Alex Pereira,

legendary
November 07, 2023, 10:26:26 AM
legendary
November 07, 2023, 08:12:10 AM
I have a feeling Jiri Prochazka is gonna get caught and cracked in the chin then get starched.  Dunno...  It's just from Prochazka's matches he leaves himself wide open.

Choosing the strategy for this fight won't be easy for Jiri. He himself prefers striking, but will be facing someone who's (on paper) better than him in at it. I don't expect he will try to move the fight to the ground. Maybe he'll be attempting some takedowns in an effort to score some points and win rounds. But if the samurai mentality kicks in, we may see a real slug fest.

As for Aspinall, I have him to win but if he keeps getting his chin high up Pav could put him to sleep too.  Both these underdogs are live.  

With all the sympathy for Pavlovich, I think it'll be an easy win for Aspinall. He's just technically better, faster and more determined. But heavyweight is the most unpredictable.

Not exactly sure if we could say Pereira's striking is better than Prochazka's but let let's just say they're different.  Prochazka's style is unorthodox and a bit awkward while Pereira has the fundamentals down to a tee and he's more efficient in his movement.  But between the two, Prochazka is prolly harder to take down and has the grappling advantage.  But then again he leaves himself open at stand up.  :/  A huge flaw in his game.

Dunno...  Don't think Aspinall would want any of that smoke in the early rounds.  He might try to drag it out to the later rounds and try to get Pav tired somehow.  I think early rounds are gonna be close.

UFC Free Fight:  Pavlovich vs Blaydes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5AeCYIhWds

UFC Free Fight:  Aspinall vs Tybura
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhPNNgPESTg

UFC 295:  Embedded Episode 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajoKxKnyDrs
legendary
November 07, 2023, 04:43:50 AM

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
November 06, 2023, 10:43:16 PM
I can't see this fight going the distance nor Jiri taking this to a ground fight, but both will have some advantage which could play out to end the fight and most probably it will be over in round 2.

Jiri being inactive and coming out from shoulder surgery and Pereira being in his favored weight class, he can certainly just fight toe to toe with Jiri and will KO Jiri by head kick or a big swing to the chin. Or Pereira could blackout with just a straight punch being so open whenever he kicks.  

That's why they are a good match-up to have this weekend and it will not take long as you said because both are good finishers in their own way. But I think Pereira is the underdog here because of his performance in his last fight but that's understandable since he came from a loss to Adesanya which was not really good for him since he used to bully that guy.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1282
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
November 06, 2023, 07:09:49 PM
Real shame that Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic was canceled, but I am really excited to see how Alex Pereira will perform against Jiri Prochazka.
Both fighters have amazing skills but two totally different styles, and I think Prochazka have better chances this weekend.
I am looking at odds on Sportsbet now and I cant believe bookmakers made Pereira such a big favorite in this event.
There is clear value in betting on Prochazka for me, but anything can happen with just one good kick or punch.
https://sportsbet.io/sports/mma/ufc/matches/future
legendary
November 06, 2023, 12:52:55 PM
What can I say it wasn't doing anything to Derrick Lewis at all so I guess the neck of Derrick Lewis was made of Steel or Jailton Almeida is not really that strong and after this fight how do I really wish Derrick Lewis would do anything when he was in the ground but Derrick Lewis was just sleeping in there and for sure was pretty much relaxing for sure Jailton Almeida should learn how to punch while he was riding Derrick Lewis, but he doesn't do a thing,

And yeah the Prelims indeed was the place where Jailton Almeida would surely get, after this fight for sure he is not ready for a Sergei Pavlovich or a Tom Aspinal fight, because he will not win that fight for sure I was really fallen asleep watching this fight,

You have to give Almeida some credit though. He was fighting a dangerous striker with proven KO power, it would be stupid of him to stand up and exchange. He did what he had to do to win the fight and move up in the ranks. He's focus was on winning and not on the entertainment.
Yeah, there's no chance he'll be fighting for the belt in his next fight. He'll most likely have to face someone from the middle of the top 10 first, maybe Blaydes or Volkov, and if he passes the test, he could be fighting for the title then.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
November 06, 2023, 12:49:11 PM

I can't see this fight going the distance nor Jiri taking this to a ground fight, but both will have some advantage which could play out to end the fight and most probably it will be over in round 2.

Jiri being inactive and coming out from shoulder surgery and Pereira being in his favored weight class, he can certainly just fight toe to toe with Jiri and will KO Jiri by head kick or a big swing to the chin. Or Pereira could blackout with just a straight punch being so open whenever he kicks.  
legendary
Merit: 1169
November 06, 2023, 12:39:53 PM
-snip-

Cant choke a guy who barely has a neck Cheesy As it is not just cutting off the oxygen supply, but about squeezing and pushing on the neck also. Almeida and Lewis promised us show and indeed they did, they forced me to switch to other channel with a show Cheesy Imho that was one of the most boring fights I've seen recently. It is said that Almeida set a new record of dominance in UFC, 21 minutes. For me it strange that when you are a submission artist and finish everyone in first 3 minutes mostly, and it took you 25minutes to show little against now the best wrestler or bjj of division.

Yesterdays performance of Almeida is perfectly described with one comment in soc. media - "bro just won his way back to prelims" Cheesy Cheesy

What can I say it wasn't doing anything to Derrick Lewis at all so I guess the neck of Derrick Lewis was made of Steel or Jailton Almeida is not really that strong and after this fight how do I really wish Derrick Lewis would do anything when he was in the ground but Derrick Lewis was just sleeping in there and for sure was pretty much relaxing for sure Jailton Almeida should learn how to punch while he was riding Derrick Lewis, but he doesn't do a thing,

And yeah the Prelims indeed was the place where Jailton Almeida would surely get, after this fight for sure he is not ready for a Sergei Pavlovich or a Tom Aspinal fight, because he will not win that fight for sure I was really fallen asleep watching this fight,

Anyway, I see some familiar names in there but nothing particularly sticks out as far as good match ups go except for the main and the co main events.

Enjoy...

Alex Pereira's power will be tested in this fight for sure and because this is the Light Heavyweight division for Pereira and his fight with Jan Błachowicz has shown that Pereira would need something for sure,

legendary
November 06, 2023, 12:14:40 PM

With all the sympathy for Pavlovich, I think it'll be an easy win for Aspinall. He's just technically better, faster and more determined. But heavyweight is the most unpredictable.
legendary
November 06, 2023, 07:37:27 AM
For sure many are now awaiting the next event because it has a great fight in it sure many want to see Jiri Prochazka again inside the octagon and against a kickboxer former middleweight champion Alex Pereira this is going to be juicy and the Heavyweights Sergei Pavlovich for sure has the power and great boxing, while Tom Aspinall my opinion will be the favorite here he got the technicality and the wrestling that are needed in order to win,

UFC 295: Procházka vs. Pereira

DATE: Saturday 11.11.2023
TIME: 06:00 PM ET
PROMOTION: Ultimate Fighting Championship
VENUE: Madison Square Garden

MAIN EVENT
Jiří Procházka VS Alex Pereira

CO-MAIN EVENT
Sergei Pavlovich VS Tom Aspinall

MAIN CARD
Jéssica Andrade VS Mackenzie Dern
Pat Sabatini VS Diego Lopes
Matt Frevola VS Benoit Saint-Denis

PRELIMINARY CARD
Joshua Van VS Kevin Borjas
Jared Gordon VS Mark Madsen
Dennis Buzukja VS Jamall Emmers
Nazim Sadykhov VS Viacheslav Borshchev
Tabatha Ricci VS Lupita Godinez
Kyung Ho Kang VS John Castañeda
Steve Erceg VS Alessandro Costa

The Information was from Tapology: https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/102959-ufc-295-jones-vs-miocic

Enjoy...
legendary
November 06, 2023, 05:29:18 AM
Yup! Jailton Almeida was lacking the ground and pound for sure and I really don't know what happened it was hilarious that the black beast didn't do a thing while on the ground he didn't try to get up or even try anything at all, he like he doesn't really care and it is pretty much unusual that Jailton Almeida is trying really hard in choking Derrick Lewis but for sure it might be because of the gap on  Derrick Lewis neck and he might not be choking Lewis at all, but for sure Almeida got that speed for sure the timing of Lewis was off, and he can not counter that takedown,

For me, Almeida still has some flaws, he is not really that perfect, and the technicality in his striking was off and against Tom Aspinal and Sergei Pavlovich he will need to be more technical and have more strength with his takedowns when up against this two,

Cant choke a guy who barely has a neck Cheesy As it is not just cutting off the oxygen supply, but about squeezing and pushing on the neck also. Almeida and Lewis promised us show and indeed they did, they forced me to switch to other channel with a show Cheesy Imho that was one of the most boring fights I've seen recently. It is said that Almeida set a new record of dominance in UFC, 21 minutes. For me it strange that when you are a submission artist and finish everyone in first 3 minutes mostly, and it took you 25minutes to show little against now the best wrestler or bjj of division.

Yesterdays performance of Almeida is perfectly described with one comment in soc. media - "bro just won his way back to prelims" Cheesy Cheesy
November 06, 2023, 04:49:00 AM
For sure many are now awaiting the next event because it has a great fight in it sure many want to see Jiri Prochazka again inside the octagon and against a kickboxer former middleweight champion Alex Pereira this is going to be juicy and the Heavyweights Sergei Pavlovich for sure has the power and great boxing, while Tom Aspinall my opinion will be the favorite here he got the technicality and the wrestling that are needed in order to win,

UFC 295: Procházka vs. Pereira

DATE: Saturday 11.11.2023
TIME: 06:00 PM ET
PROMOTION: Ultimate Fighting Championship
VENUE: Madison Square Garden

MAIN EVENT
Jiří Procházka VS Alex Pereira

CO-MAIN EVENT
Sergei Pavlovich VS Tom Aspinall

MAIN CARD
Jéssica Andrade VS Mackenzie Dern
Pat Sabatini VS Diego Lopes
Matt Frevola VS Benoit Saint-Denis

PRELIMINARY CARD
Joshua Van VS Kevin Borjas
Jared Gordon VS Mark Madsen
Dennis Buzukja VS Jamall Emmers
Nazim Sadykhov VS Viacheslav Borshchev
Tabatha Ricci VS Lupita Godinez
Kyung Ho Kang VS John Castañeda
Steve Erceg VS Alessandro Costa

The Information was from Tapology: https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/102959-ufc-295-jones-vs-miocic
legendary
Merit: 1169
November 06, 2023, 03:14:50 AM
^
Agree. Almeida is no match to Aspinall. He doesn't know how to throw punches when the opponent is on the ground. He is just lucky that Derrick lays around.
He doesn't have a KO punch but he should have been pounding Derrick at least while they are on the ground. He kept trying to choke Derrick when its not effective to the beast. Its still a good strategy to put Derrick to the ground though, this kept him from throwing a shot that could potentially turn the table around when on feet.

Though Abus finished the 3 rounds, he was still out of gas just as he performed against Strickland.

Yup! Jailton Almeida was lacking the ground and pound for sure and I really don't know what happened it was hilarious that the black beast didn't do a thing while on the ground he didn't try to get up or even try anything at all, he like he doesn't really care and it is pretty much unusual that Jailton Almeida is trying really hard in choking Derrick Lewis but for sure it might be because of the gap on  Derrick Lewis neck and he might not be choking Lewis at all, but for sure Almeida got that speed for sure the timing of Lewis was off, and he can not counter that takedown,

For me, Almeida still has some flaws, he is not really that perfect, and the technicality in his striking was off and against Tom Aspinal and Sergei Pavlovich he will need to be more technical and have more strength with his takedowns when up against this two,

I was wrong about it and I really didn't know that he was a Viking, Cheesy but for sure he was great against Gabriel Bonfim and it was really amazing what happened to this fight that is why it was the fight of the night and have gotten a $50,000 bonus,

Nicolas Dalby is a real monster maybe the odds were wrong, but for sure it was based on their previous fights and stats and Nicolas Dalby might be at a different level now than when he usually was and still training even though he doesn't have a fight, I really don't know what have happen because I am pretty much sure about Gabriel Bonfim to win this fight,

The reality is that Jones is the UFC best fighter across divisions and he is really expected by Dana White to be able to defend his heavyweight title and must fight to defend that title.
I know that if Jones loses the title due to his injury, there will be quite heated conflict because Jones is still one of the fighters who has quite lot of hype for the UFC.

Regarding Stipe Miocic after failing to fight Jones there is no certainty whether he has schedule or not because he is also monster who has held the heavyweight title twice but his age has reached 41 years, which is quite different from Jones who is still 36 years old.
There is also a possibility that Stipe Miocic will soon retire from the UFC.
Actually in that fight Jones was the favorite but that what happened (everyone failed due to injury).

I can not argue, that Jon Jones is really something, his technique and skill surpass any in the Light Heavyweight and the Heavyweight for sure, so it is bar none that he is an asset for the UFC,

While I think Stipe Miocic really needed to retire now I personally think that his age might be getting up to him, but maybe I could also be wrong as there are many fighters that still can fight with that kind of age, but this is just my wishful thinking for certain fighters, and how I wish they can still manage to fight even though they are prime is up,

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
November 06, 2023, 12:53:35 AM
-snip-
Yes that what is happening now where Dana White is treating Jones as he should treat champion and one of the UFC legends in the heavyweight.
We know who Jones is, he had once problem with doping but he got away from that problem and was even able to get belt after the problems he experienced.
Now we just need to wait for Jones to fully recover and we can see a real fight in the heavyweight class.

Well, I am not against Dana White's decision if the guy can cater many PPVs for his every fight then that would be very nice for the UFC, but I am really against the inequality in the UFC if the fighter would cater a huge amount of money for the UFC, then they will likely get that fight on progress, well right now I am for Jon Jones when his fight with Stipe Miocic would settle, then I am freakishly going with Jon Jones as Stipe is now inactive for a long time and his age is something that is spell as retired for sure,

The reality is that Jones is the UFC best fighter across divisions and he is really expected by Dana White to be able to defend his heavyweight title and must fight to defend that title.
I know that if Jones loses the title due to his injury, there will be quite heated conflict because Jones is still one of the fighters who has quite lot of hype for the UFC.

Regarding Stipe Miocic after failing to fight Jones there is no certainty whether he has schedule or not because he is also monster who has held the heavyweight title twice but his age has reached 41 years, which is quite different from Jones who is still 36 years old.
There is also a possibility that Stipe Miocic will soon retire from the UFC.
Actually in that fight Jones was the favorite but that what happened (everyone failed due to injury).
November 05, 2023, 06:19:21 PM
@owengtam09, @YuginKadoya. It appears these Scandanavian Vikings should not be underestimated hehehe. They are the most strongest and they are almost unbreakable warriors in the history of human beings. The Brazilians live in sunny areas of the world where there is animals to be hunted, fish and fruits everywhere. Their life is easy. The people of Denmark, Sweden and Norway were people who sailed on their ships to invade other villages to get food because food is not very abundant.

I reckon the Brazilian was the biggest favorite for this event against the Viking warrior? I shake my head hehehe. We should never underestimate any human if they have Vinking's blood flowing in their veins.

I was wrong about it and I really didn't know that he was a Viking, Cheesy but for sure he was great against Gabriel Bonfim and it was really amazing what happened to this fight that is why it was the fight of the night and have gotten a $50,000 bonus,

Now here is the result of my picks,

Jailton Almeida (1.20) VS Derrick Lewis (4.70) - WIN

For sure Derrick Lewis has a great weakness with wrestling and that is shown in this fight for Lewis is struggling against Jailton Almeida the only thing that I am concerned about is was Jailton Almeida didn't finish Lewis in this fight and maybe he can not because Derrick Lewis for sure is really sturdy as well, but the speed of Jailton Almeida is really incredible in this fight,

Gabriel Bonfim (1.16) VS Nicolas Dalby (5.20) - LOST

Now this fight is really quite shocking because Gabriel Bonfim is a huge favorite going into this game, and many are really saying that Gabriel Bonfim will win this easily but Nicolas Dalby has managed not only to win this fight but dominantly destroy Nicolas Dalby, by getting Bonfim down and punching Gabriel Bonfim for the KO win, that many are not really expecting,

Rodrigo Nascimento (1.52) VS Don'Tale Mayes (2.55) - WIN

Even though Rodrigo Nascimento broke his wrist in this fight he still won the fight this fight was a brawl but It is pretty much clear who was the dominant one in this fight for sure Rodrigo Nascimento was on striking and it could be a close match but for sure Nascimento is a different, fighter for sure,

Pages:
Jump to: