Pages:
Author

Topic: the Veil Project Mining- Privacy without Compromise - page 22. (Read 6062 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 35
#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator
before asking to much, this coin is forking from zerocoin? zcash?
so i can use other software and use this tutor too?
https://zcoin.io/guide-on-how-to-mine-zcoin-xzc/
Not sure what you mean by hardfork from the zerocoin, zcash, so I saw they was not about HF with your said brother Smiley

They took based on 0.17.1 Bitcore version source code and then added the features we needed for Veil. Most features as such RingCT as well VEIL will an implement bulletproofs, dandelion.

For privacy, They have Basecoin and zerocoin are both Veil, but its only zerocoin protocol has the privacy features. Well, the consensus Veil has adoption Hybrid Pow/PoS where do need PoS depending like staking its only base-on zerocoin can stake and PoW Veil to use x16RT algorithm. And then totally With Zerocoin protocol, RingCT, Dandelion, Bulletproofs, and other innovative features, Veil aims to offer the most private and user-friendly digital currency.

we should be able surfing to this page about the Zerocoin protocol also you can see GitHub source and more open discussing need here ANN Bitcointalk
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
I wonder if I will be able to mine Veil. I have a gaming laptop with NVIDIA GTX 650. It looks small though but I really wish I can use it to mine.

With such a GPU, you will get almost nothing from the mining of veil. On the rx550 in half a day I got less than 0.1 veil, the GTX650 is even slower. Although nvidia seems to work better with x16rt. But I think it's pointless to do it on a laptop.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
 Veil is the World best privacy coin and i have read the mining instruction they are well established team and soon they will release more news about mining.The basic aim of the project is privacy without compromise.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures
not really a big fan of the veilmine site... anyone else know of a different/better pool with more hashpower?

Did you trying using supernova? It could be a good alternative to mine VEIL on.

I wonder if I will be able to mine Veil. I have a gaming laptop with NVIDIA GTX 650. It looks small though but I really wish I can use it to mine.

Trust me bro, you don't wanna mine on a laptop even if it's a gaming laptop I used to mine on my Alienware and mining really messed it up. On top of that, I lost my warranty on the laptop lol.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
before asking to much, this coin is forking from zerocoin? zcash?
so i can use other software and use this tutor too?
https://zcoin.io/guide-on-how-to-mine-zcoin-xzc/
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
the Veil Project amongst its other uses can be mined as it has a double approach more of an hybrid setup as it combines both Proof of work mining and proof of stake mining. if you want to get started with mining, the following are the major pools and mining softwares to use and their links.

mining softwares

Suprminer (NVIDIA) - https://veilmine.com/
CryptoDredge (NVIDIA) - https://github.com/technobyl/CryptoDredge/releases
T-Rex (NVIDIA) - https://github.com/trexminer/T-Rex/releases
Wildrig (AMD) - https://github.com/andru-kun/wildrig-multi/releases/

Mining pools
Veilmine   --- https://veilmine.com/
Suprnova -- https://veil.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Block explorers
Mainnet — https://explorer.veil-project.com/
Testnet — https://testnet.veil-project.com/

For those who have mined or still mining,  let's share experiences

I understand that Cryptodredge and T-Rex both from NVIDIA are the best chose the are cheap and have an easier operability. I will be saving up to begin my Veil mine Journey with either one of them
Activity: 214
Merit: 3
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
Student Coin
It has a great potential to succeed in the near future,devs and many staff now are working hard to broadcast their project,and here i am too was promoting it because i really trust it.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
not really a big fan of the veilmine site... anyone else know of a different/better pool with more hashpower?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
BintexFutures
This project has a lot of shills on this forum, I would be very careful.  Reminds me of all those deeponion shills that were used to create a big pump and dump.  I wouldn't put any considerable amount into this project.

I could never resist a privacy-based cryptocurrency because most of them had given me a pretty decent profit including the deeponion.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
This project has a lot of shills on this forum, I would be very careful.  Reminds me of all those deeponion shills that were used to create a big pump and dump.  I wouldn't put any considerable amount into this project.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1169
same here the synchronization on my window take a very long time. Now are three day still not sync as maybe my connection are slow. i have to wait i guess but overall all is fine just the sync look take forever. i have watch this project for a long time and now is the time to react.
For faster wallet synchronization you may try daily blockchain snapshots.
Now it ~ 7Gb.
https://veil.tools/docs/snapshots.html
BintexFutures
The only thing that confuses me in this project which is very cool is a wallet. Developers need to fix bugs as soon as possible. Sometimes the wallet does not open sometimes the synchronization does not go. This is unacceptable.

You should always keep your wallet open. Or you need to open the wallet once or twice a day and wait for the full synchronization of blocks. Then the wallet will work fine.
I'll say, it works fine to me although it was the first time I run it in my computer. The synchronization is indeed need times, but he's run. If I face the problem about wallet doesn't open, I just kill the process through TM and open it again. No big deal, but it does need handling.
same here the synchronization on my window take a very long time. Now are three day still not sync as maybe my connection are slow. i have to wait i guess but overall all is fine just the sync look take forever. i have watch this project for a long time and now is the time to react.

Yeah, it's probably your internet issue because I downloaded the wallet a few days back to my secondary PC and it didn't give me any problem my blockchain was synced at 3-4 go.
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
The only thing that confuses me in this project which is very cool is a wallet. Developers need to fix bugs as soon as possible. Sometimes the wallet does not open sometimes the synchronization does not go. This is unacceptable.

You should always keep your wallet open. Or you need to open the wallet once or twice a day and wait for the full synchronization of blocks. Then the wallet will work fine.
I'll say, it works fine to me although it was the first time I run it in my computer. The synchronization is indeed need times, but he's run. If I face the problem about wallet doesn't open, I just kill the process through TM and open it again. No big deal, but it does need handling.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

Activity: 420
Merit: 1
The project is very promising.The future belongs to anonymous cryptocurrencies, the demand for which will only grow over time.
As for the wallet,in the next updates I think that the developers will solve this problem.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Is this now a thread for shilling coins? I thought this was more for hardware and mining software discussing
It's for shilling since they have bounty for bct forum, you can see profiles with veil signature shitposting everywhere.Funny how they forget to mention what shitshow pos activation was and that devs and people close to them collected most of the blocks

This thread is about Veil - Which you can mine and stake.

It's an exciting project getting back to the core of CryptoCurrencies which is privacy.
- No premine or ICO
- Not some shit-token running ERC20
- It has it's own blockchain, wallet, mining protocol, zerocoin implementation...

"devs and people close to them collected most of the blocks" - That is impossible.

There is a current circulating supply of ~12million. After the 1st year there will be ~52 Million. So even if the Dev team collected the majority of current blocks - It's only like 1/5 of the supply after a year.

Fair Launch, No Ico, and minable is what has me very attracted to this project...

Wrong there is no ICO but there is a premine, the founder gets 10% of all coins as well as premine via superblock every month
bad research and info dude

Still, compared to other projects right now it is nothing.

They are asking millions of dollars and even after getting that they hold the %40-45 to themselves Smiley Veil didn't ask any funds and i think %10 is fair.
Hate to bust you bubble I like veil but the founder takes 10 percent devs take another 10 to 15 and then the veil labs also takes another close to 20 percent.

So between the founder , dev fund and dev payments 40 percent of the emission is spoken for leaving the investors to battle for the remaining 60 percent which is actually an ever shrinking price of the pie since 40 percent of emission staking compounds the centralized ownership worse than a pure pow coin.

Veil is no different in emission that other premined coins like eth etc , it’s just hidden better lol

OK. Except your missing the fact that most of these premined coins also raised millions ontop of the ridiculous dev funds.

I don't see how this project could operate without a Dev fund since they raised a huge 0.
Founders need a reason to stay founded and grounded
And Labs is something you can read about.

Project needs money somehow. Do you have a better idea? Maybe they should host an ico  Cheesy

Ok I get what you are saying, they raised no external funds so it’s in thier interest to grow and develop the blockchain software or they can’t cash in.

That makes sense , full disclosure I do support veil although I feel the devs and founder hold too much
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
Is this now a thread for shilling coins? I thought this was more for hardware and mining software discussing
It's for shilling since they have bounty for bct forum, you can see profiles with veil signature shitposting everywhere.Funny how they forget to mention what shitshow pos activation was and that devs and people close to them collected most of the blocks

This thread is about Veil - Which you can mine and stake.

It's an exciting project getting back to the core of CryptoCurrencies which is privacy.
- No premine or ICO
- Not some shit-token running ERC20
- It has it's own blockchain, wallet, mining protocol, zerocoin implementation...

"devs and people close to them collected most of the blocks" - That is impossible.

There is a current circulating supply of ~12million. After the 1st year there will be ~52 Million. So even if the Dev team collected the majority of current blocks - It's only like 1/5 of the supply after a year.

Fair Launch, No Ico, and minable is what has me very attracted to this project...

Wrong there is no ICO but there is a premine, the founder gets 10% of all coins as well as premine via superblock every month
bad research and info dude

Still, compared to other projects right now it is nothing.

They are asking millions of dollars and even after getting that they hold the %40-45 to themselves Smiley Veil didn't ask any funds and i think %10 is fair.
Hate to bust you bubble I like veil but the founder takes 10 percent devs take another 10 to 15 and then the veil labs also takes another close to 20 percent.

So between the founder , dev fund and dev payments 40 percent of the emission is spoken for leaving the investors to battle for the remaining 60 percent which is actually an ever shrinking price of the pie since 40 percent of emission staking compounds the centralized ownership worse than a pure pow coin.

Veil is no different in emission that other premined coins like eth etc , it’s just hidden better lol

OK. Except your missing the fact that most of these premined coins also raised millions ontop of the ridiculous dev funds.

I don't see how this project could operate without a Dev fund since they raised a huge 0.
Founders need a reason to stay founded and grounded
And Labs is something you can read about.

Project needs money somehow. Do you have a better idea? Maybe they should host an ico  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: