Pages:
Author

Topic: the Veil Project Mining- Privacy without Compromise - page 16. (Read 6062 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
Who else can share real information about the income from PoS mining?
As far as I know, PoW mining will only work until the end of the year.
The income from POS mining is unknown and the earning is depending on the total coin that you stake on the network or staking wallet. The calculator can't predict it. You can calculate it after you know how much you wanna staking it to the POS network.

You can make a reasonable guess though...  Right now - about 13k Veil will stake a block a day.
So, 1,300 will do a block every 10days or 3 a month. Thats 150 veil from 1,300 a month.
Or about 11%.

But in order to keep up with staking your going to have to hold more coins. Which I think the emission is higher than 11%/month right now.

%11 monthly is a great number. And this won't be available for a long time.

I should put a second pc just for staking. I don't want to miss this.

Different pc with different wallet, right? I read in telegram chat that same wallet on different PCs will cause issues.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
The income from POS mining is unknown and the earning is depending on the total coin that you stake on the network or staking wallet. The calculator can't predict it. You can calculate it after you know how much you wanna staking it to the POS network.

You can make a reasonable guess though...  Right now - about 13k Veil will stake a block a day.
So, 1,300 will do a block every 10days or 3 a month. Thats 150 veil from 1,300 a month.
Or about 11%.

But in order to keep up with staking your going to have to hold more coins. Which I think the emission is higher than 11%/month right now.

%11 monthly is a great number. And this won't be available for a long time.

I should put a second pc just for staking. I don't want to miss this.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

Or about 11%.

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
Activity: 644
Merit: 145
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
Is there an issue with the newest  1.0.3.0 Veil wallet download for window?? Im attempting set up but it gives unknown time to sync to blockchain, then closes out after about an hour.  So it won't allow me to use the address for mining.

You better download VEIL daily snapshots. Then the synchronization will be completed much faster. Also, if a new version of the wallet gets stuck or turns off, you should just turn it on again. Also, any questions about the wallet you will be answered in discord.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
I have been thinking about switching to a different miner. Right now using suprminer.

While mining is it possible that two different miner software can give us two different results? I mean is it possible that one miner will give us slower speed compared to another?

Instead of mining can we stake the coin in their wallet will it help us to make some decent profit or not? What was the percentage they allocated to the people who are holding the coins in the wallets?

Yes, you can definitely stake VEIL and make a decent profit but you will need to start with over 10k VEILs (even more now) in order to get a stake daily. I am still staking around 3k VEIL but now I am getting a reward every 5-7 days

Do you need to open your pc 7/24 or if you open it time to time, it is resuming where it stopped before. 10k veil is huge and i don't like to open my pc 7/24 so that is why i am asking Smiley

In order to get a stake, you must keep your wallet qt open otherwise the coins won't stake. I got two PCs at home that way I can alternate the machines so that it can get some rest and function at best capacity.

Oh really, i thought we can close the wallet and it will automatically adjust the balance which we are maintaining in the wallet. So we should always open the wallets for staking the Veil coins in order to get the staking rewards.
As far as i know POS works similar to the masternode and you must have to make sure you are opening your wallet. I guess POS system means if the hashpower has already distributed to each coin that can be used to taking in the network. Most of the people are using VPS.
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
I have been thinking about switching to a different miner. Right now using suprminer.

While mining is it possible that two different miner software can give us two different results? I mean is it possible that one miner will give us slower speed compared to another?

Instead of mining can we stake the coin in their wallet will it help us to make some decent profit or not? What was the percentage they allocated to the people who are holding the coins in the wallets?

Yes, you can definitely stake VEIL and make a decent profit but you will need to start with over 10k VEILs (even more now) in order to get a stake daily. I am still staking around 3k VEIL but now I am getting a reward every 5-7 days

Do you need to open your pc 7/24 or if you open it time to time, it is resuming where it stopped before. 10k veil is huge and i don't like to open my pc 7/24 so that is why i am asking Smiley

In order to get a stake, you must keep your wallet qt open otherwise the coins won't stake. I got two PCs at home that way I can alternate the machines so that it can get some rest and function at best capacity.

Oh really, i thought we can close the wallet and it will automatically adjust the balance which we are maintaining in the wallet. So we should always open the wallets for staking the Veil coins in order to get the staking rewards.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500

when you use a PC just to open the wallet every day without being shut down it will make the electricity you spend on your PC will be a lot, it looks like you have to use another device that has cheap electricity costs and can open the wallet every day.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

Activity: 798
Merit: 104
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

Oh, 10k Veil means really very huge amount because the price of Veil has increased to 0.3$ nearly and in order to stake 10k means nearly it will cost us 3000$, so on a weekly basis how much money you are going to make in the coming days?

You can start staking with 1k VEIL but the only problem is you won't get your rewards that frequently. In order to get rewards every day, you must increase your holding to at least 10-12k. Each stake gives us 50 VEILs.

With the current price of $0.32 and you need 10000 veils to stake that's $3200, good for whales who trust this coin that will give them a good profit, I'm looking forward to mining this coin and get my shares from bounty hunting so I can stake this coin, so what do you think the potential price of this coin in the future?

Wow such a huge debate and discussion going on here. I knew veil project had a lot of possibilities but never knew this thread will generate lots of comments and replies. Highly impressive. Let's keep the discussion going. It's also better if we can have practical experiences of those involved in staking veil apart from the o we posted to help us improve our mining capabilities.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
Is there an issue with the newest  1.0.3.0 Veil wallet download for window?? Im attempting set up but it gives unknown time to sync to blockchain, then closes out after about an hour.  So it won't allow me to use the address for mining.

Present your wallet issues in the veil official telegram chat, the admins are very responsive am sure they will give you a guide to work this through, the veil wallet syncing is a bit of a pain i would say but good thing the devs are very helpful.
Activity: 155
Merit: 6
Activity: 686
Merit: 12
Veil is the next-big thing, gradually getting noticed. The deal with mining is that most persons are not able to identify coins with huge potential right on time. I don't think it will be difficult for veil to surpass the 1$ mark in a short time. The hybrid consensus (POS/POW) gives it both fairness in distribution and security.

Very low supply only 14 million, I'm thinking this will be the next big thing after Monero, I'd like to ask do we really have 12 million existing supply if this is true, then mining and staking will only get 2 million and how long will this last, I'm thinking of staking after I got my bounty rewards, will just add more so I can reach the staking requirements.

Really the supply of this coin is very low which they have strong developments which will really help the coin to increase its price even higher value. Staking will give much profit if we can manage to hold more than 10,000k but now at the current situation of the price it is very expensive already.

I think everything will work out and the possibility of stacking will be, the price will be corrected soon.
More and more people will learn about the project, so hype is increasing.
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
Veil is the next-big thing, gradually getting noticed. The deal with mining is that most persons are not able to identify coins with huge potential right on time. I don't think it will be difficult for veil to surpass the 1$ mark in a short time. The hybrid consensus (POS/POW) gives it both fairness in distribution and security.

Very low supply only 14 million, I'm thinking this will be the next big thing after Monero, I'd like to ask do we really have 12 million existing supply if this is true, then mining and staking will only get 2 million and how long will this last, I'm thinking of staking after I got my bounty rewards, will just add more so I can reach the staking requirements.

Really the supply of this coin is very low which they have strong developments which will really help the coin to increase its price even higher value. Staking will give much profit if we can manage to hold more than 10,000k but now at the current situation of the price it is very expensive already.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

Please, how it is really work? It is hybrid consensus POSW right? And also there are masternodes? Because you said that you need 10k VEILS to start staking. Or there are no masternodes - only requirement for staking is 10 000 VEILS?  Shocked

No masternode. And 10k coins is not a requirement for POS, it's just a recommendation to find blocks more often. You can start and with 100 coins, only the block will have to wait a month or longer.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

Activity: 2520
Merit: 952

Oh, 10k Veil means really very huge amount because the price of Veil has increased to 0.3$ nearly and in order to stake 10k means nearly it will cost us 3000$, so on a weekly basis how much money you are going to make in the coming days?

You can start staking with 1k VEIL but the only problem is you won't get your rewards that frequently. In order to get rewards every day, you must increase your holding to at least 10-12k. Each stake gives us 50 VEILs.

With the current price of $0.32 and you need 10000 veils to stake that's $3200, good for whales who trust this coin that will give them a good profit, I'm looking forward to mining this coin and get my shares from bounty hunting so I can stake this coin, so what do you think the potential price of this coin in the future?

Please, how it is really work? It is hybrid consensus POSW right? And also there are masternodes? Because you said that you need 10k VEILS to start staking. Or there are no masternodes - only requirement for staking is 10 000 VEILS?  Shocked

There are no masternodes, you open the wallet and start staking, the more coins you have the more blocks you get.

Or there are no masternodes - only requirement for staking is 10 000 VEILS?

Yes that is right but as more and more people stake that requirement will likely increase.
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
Pages:
Jump to: