Pages:
Author

Topic: the Veil Project Mining- Privacy without Compromise - page 7. (Read 6062 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset
any info if the team has interest or is working on a web wallet?
that would be great since many are having problemson sync
Activity: 1022
Merit: 391
Very bad wallet and every day understand that instead of making it convenient for more people, developers confuse me more and more.
Today, the whole system has broke off and  had to load my wallet again with a new one, but in the end it was 97% stuck and was already hanging there for several hours. I am disappointed.

As several times has already been suggested the best option is to download the snapshot which is about 8GB, much faster and easier to synchronize, but all this always depends on your internet connection.
We hope that soon we will also have that light mobile wallet!

https://veil.tools/docs/snapshots.html
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
Finally I was able to completely sync my Veil wallet, but it took me more than two weeks to do this. I don't know how many users will be patient enough to go through this tedious process. So my request to the promoters is to make a lite wallet available for download as soon as possible. That said, once I synced my wallet, everything seems to be perfect.

Unfortunately, I still cannot afford to synchronize my wallet. Just do not have so much time now. Apparently it is necessary to stop the computer turned on for night sync.

Can you tell me the speed of your internet connection and the data limit? For me, it consumed almost 15 GB (crashed a couple of times, so took more data than required) and I might have spent at least 48-72 hours in syncing. Another option is to download the snapshot. But you need to remember that even the snapshot is around 8 GB.
Activity: 306
Merit: 2
Anyone having high cpu while staking? Or i am only having this issue.

It is using around %40 of cpu while it is open. And it wasn't that much when i started it or i just realized now.

Yes, So much so that it was freezing my PC for 2-3 seconds at a time until I closed the wallet, Upon a reboot its fine for a few hours then starts hogging down my pc.. This pc is no slouch either..

32gb ddr4
SSD
etc etc
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
Anyone having high cpu while staking? Or i am only having this issue.

It is using around %40 of cpu while it is open. And it wasn't that much when i started it or i just realized now.
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
What is wrong with PivX? They are alive, new updates are being relased. Pivx is listed on biggest exchanges such as Binance, Bittrex. Dont you think that Binance will delist a scam coin?
Activity: 1834
Merit: 566

I don't understand, their CMs have said multiple times that
their devs are/were affiliated with pivx, what's scammy about it?

Observing how their team works, it does not seen like a scam to me but you never know.

VEIL team is quite communicative and open about the project.
I don't understand why you shout out SCAM just beause they work in more than one project.

seems like just cheap FUD for me if you don't argument.
Well, so far, I have also seen that the development of veils is so fast, you can even sell these coins in the market that has been provided. I don't know if this looks scam or not, but I think that right now, I don't see that sign. However, i believe in this project. maybe the development of the veils in the future will answer all of that, but I really believe in this project.

There is no doubt that in these times we must be very cautious when investing our valuable coins, however at present it is very easy to hide in anonymity to throw accusations without support, and without real evidence to give validity to the accusation.

At least in my case, I will continue in my interest for this crypto because it really seems to offer interesting features and at least as a short-term investment well worth trying.
Never mind the user which was making accusation which no evidence was use to back it up and he also barely do his own finding before throwing punches. However, it maybe the doing for some project owner which sees veil as their competitor.
Activity: 980
Merit: 270
Very bad wallet and every day understand that instead of making it convenient for more people, developers confuse me more and more.
Today, the whole system has broke off and  had to load my wallet again with a new one, but in the end it was 97% stuck and was already hanging there for several hours. I am disappointed.
Activity: 109
Merit: 1
So it's best to still quote that red post, it helps a lot....  Roll Eyes
Activity: 112

Observing how their team works, it does not seen like a scam to me but you never know.

I don't understand why you shout out SCAM just beause they work in more than one project.

Well, so far, I have also seen that the development of veils is so fast, you can even sell these coins in the market that has been provided. I don't know if this looks scam or not, but I think that right now, I don't see that sign. However, i believe in this project. maybe the development of the veils in the future will answer all of that, but I really believe in this project.

There is no doubt that in these times we must be very cautious when investing our valuable coins, however at present it is very easy to hide in anonymity to throw accusations without support, and without real evidence to give validity to the accusation.

At least in my case, I will continue in my interest for this crypto because it really seems to offer interesting features and at least as a short-term investment well worth trying.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I am alien for this stuff. But can veil be mined by rent a rig or something?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
Need help: I downloaded the latest snapshot, after the wallet loads up the missing blocks - wallet closes. When I re-enable the procedure - is repeated. How to fix?

Did you just put snapshot into veil folder? Or did you follow these steps:

"1. Delete all App folder files except wallet.dat, wallets folder, backups folder, and veil.conf
2. Start wallet and allow it to find peers and sync several blocks, then shut it down again
3. Close wallet and use these four snapshot folders in your App folder"

This was from their telegram and when i apply three steps it worked.
I already found this instruction, now everything is normal.  Thanks for the tip. Another question is how to make the coins appear in the wallet. They were sent to "bv1...". Can't find step by step instructions
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
Thanks for sharing, this is a good way to solve the synchronization problem, I hope that the project can create a web wallet, so you don't have to worry about it. We are easy to operate.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Finally I was able to completely sync my Veil wallet, but it took me more than two weeks to do this. I don't know how many users will be patient enough to go through this tedious process. So my request to the promoters is to make a lite wallet available for download as soon as possible. That said, once I synced my wallet, everything seems to be perfect.

Unfortunately, I still cannot afford to synchronize my wallet. Just do not have so much time now. Apparently it is necessary to stop the computer turned on for night sync.

I had problems with syncing too! After days of trying I downloaded snapshot and I solved a problem in couple hours. With upgrade I didn`t have problems at all, everything is working fine, even syncing was much faster after upgrade. So if you didn`t, upgrade your wallet to 1.0.3.
Activity: 602

Activity: 913
Merit: 252
Activity: 378
Merit: 3

Yes, the person above is spreading FUD about the company, from the beginning the Veil team are very active which they are giving accurate updates to the community and to the supporters and i think at the same time team is working on different other projects.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
The development of new privacy protocol based on zcash will take a lot of time (10-12 month).
But bugfix of the Zerocoin protocol and the new wallet should appear soon.

So the stakes that we earn here by PoS won't still be anonymous for at least for 10-12 months? Am I right here or getting it totally wrong?

Before switching to the new Protocol, the error will be fixed and privacy will be returned:
"Recognizing the importance of privacy to our original Veil investors and early adopters, the Veil development team has also identified an approach to fix the current Zerocoin attack vectors, and will be releasing an updated wallet soon that restores full anonymity to Veil’s Zerocoin implementation."
https://veil-project.com/blog/new-veil-protocol/
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 4

So veil developers are creators of pivx? Cool! Where is scam?
Have you ever seen pivx ROI?
Given this fact, I like the veil even more, at the beginning of which joerney I am standing now!
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures
The development of new privacy protocol based on zcash will take a lot of time (10-12 month).
But bugfix of the Zerocoin protocol and the new wallet should appear soon.

So the stakes that we earn here by PoS won't still be anonymous for at least for 10-12 months? Am I right here or getting it totally wrong?
Pages:
Jump to: