Pages:
Author

Topic: the Veil Project Mining- Privacy without Compromise - page 11. (Read 6062 times)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures
What happens to the price? Why strong fall lately?
Already three times fell in dollars from the peak of the price against the background of the growth of the remaining tokens where there is a small capitalization.

The couple of reason I can think for the sudden price drop is.

1. Bitcoin's sudden price surge which resulted in many people selling their alts.
2. ZeroCoin Vulnerability is showing its impacts on price now.
3. Bounty was just distributed (though it shouldn't have made much difference).
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
I know you can use the veil snapshot to sync your wallet if you are facing any difficulties of some sort in to make wallet syncing more faster, i have no idea individual wallet owners can do that which really sounds good for contingency situations imo, i think it's a good idea to create your own snapshot for backup, you never know when it will be handy.

Thanks for your responses. My wallet is currently about 62% synchronized and it may take another day or two to get it on 100% sync. Once I am able to sync my wallet, I will definitely try to create a snapshot on my own. I guess the tutorials are given in the website. And once I get the wallet on full sync, I will try my luck with PoW mining.

Yeah wallet syncing is the draw back am currently facing to tell you the truth, being that i don't really have time to sync it because of work am still far behind, wallet syncing difficulties is why i don't like to hold ADA Sad now i see similar case in veil wallet, not an easy wallet to sync,
it should be flexible like some of the good wallets out there, many hunters are using exchange wallet to receive payment because of this, that is my plan B too Sad

You can use snapshots (https://veil.tools/docs/snapshots.html), using latest snapshot will decrease sync time to few minutes.

It's still early and I believe as we progress, wallets will become more convenient.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
I know you can use the veil snapshot to sync your wallet if you are facing any difficulties of some sort in to make wallet syncing more faster, i have no idea individual wallet owners can do that which really sounds good for contingency situations imo, i think it's a good idea to create your own snapshot for backup, you never know when it will be handy.

Thanks for your responses. My wallet is currently about 62% synchronized and it may take another day or two to get it on 100% sync. Once I am able to sync my wallet, I will definitely try to create a snapshot on my own. I guess the tutorials are given in the website. And once I get the wallet on full sync, I will try my luck with PoW mining.

Yeah wallet syncing is the draw back am currently facing to tell you the truth, being that i don't really have time to sync it because of work am still far behind, wallet syncing difficulties is why i don't like to hold ADA Sad now i see similar case in veil wallet, not an easy wallet to sync,
it should be flexible like some of the good wallets out there, many hunters are using exchange wallet to receive payment because of this, that is my plan B too Sad
Activity: 1022
Merit: 391
I really believe in the team and in the Veil project; this is not one of the many shitcoins on the market.

With a price that is still accessible, you have many alternatives to fill your bags: you can buy in or swap them, and in both cases you can then do staking and increase your Veil!

For @Waiang: always use and synchronize with the snapshot  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
You need approx 13'000 coins to hit 1 stake a day on average.
1 stake is 50 coins.
You need to have the wallet open 24/7 for this to happen. Go get it on the official website. You know, the one in your signature.

Thanks for info Dragonmike! I finally found some free time and I open account on vinex.network, nice exchange, for the first time I bought 500 veils, to test how it goes with new exchange, and with veil transactions. Well soon I will add more veil coins!
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
I see that at this time there is some concern about the relative drop in the price of Veil, however it has not been as significant as has happened with some other alts. In fact, since the beginning of April until now the fall has not been more than 20%, which is quite reasonable in a market where only bitcoin seems to grow meteorically and most alts do it more slowly.

Therefore, we must not be discouraged and we must continue to mine and accumulate, because the history of Veil has just begun and in a short time we will see the results of our investment.

Do you see a 20% drop? Strange you have vision, as the price drop is at least 50%. Why compare it to the beginning of April? Need to to compare with peak prices. According to this logic, you can compare with the period of time when the coin was not at all and the price was 0. Then, instead of falling prices, you will see an increase in prices in an infinite number of %.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252

Activity: 493
Merit: 28
For who you have stake Veil, do you know what is the APR for staking this coin? I would to mine some after I got my coin in the bounty.
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
How many of you is staking Veil? With how much should I start? Any suggestions? Recommendations, I`m ready to get into it, but I would like to hear some informations from the first hand? I will appreciate all info you give me!

People who are already staking are suggesting to go for a higher amount of coins more than 10,000 in order to get a higher percentage of staking reward. At the current price of Veil is around 0.30$. The investment might be more than 3000$ where you will get 50 Veil per day i think.
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
I see that at this time there is some concern about the relative drop in the price of Veil, however it has not been as significant as has happened with some other alts. In fact, since the beginning of April until now the fall has not been more than 20%, which is quite reasonable in a market where only bitcoin seems to grow meteorically and most alts do it more slowly.

Therefore, we must not be discouraged and we must continue to mine and accumulate, because the history of Veil has just begun and in a short time we will see the results of our investment.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
The coins in the wallet are for POS. It makes no sense to take a snapshot of the blockchain for yourself. Why do you need a snapshot when your wallet is already synced at this block height?

I think that you misunderstood me. I was thinking about creating a snapshot by myself, because I have read that sometimes the wallet can have issues in syncing, during the startup.

What made you say that? You don't require any number of coins for mining Veil using PoW. All you require is a hash power.

Also no need to create a snapshot of the blockchain because the official team members are doing it already and frequently.

I am relatively new to Veil, so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Yes, it is possible to mine using PoW, but I don't have a GPU and I guess the CPU returns may be extremely low. And my laptop is not a high-end one. And I was thinking about creating a snapshot myself because it was taking too much time to download the snapshots that are shared in the website.

Activity: 240
Merit: 2
Can anyone help me with the best mining setup to successfully mine veil? What's the least mining setup you must have to earn a tangible sum from this project?
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
Veil - Price dump without compromise!
Sad

Well, we'll have to hope this ends soon. Compared to other privacy coins (Grin, Beam) Veil had been doing well, price-wise. Now, not so much anymore Tongue But hey, whatever. Long-term HODL for me.

Coinmarketcap is showing 24-hour change of +40% for Veil, when compared to +9% for Bitcoin. And daily volumes are around 20K to 30K (in USD), which is down from approx. 50K that we had two weeks ago.

I don't think that there is any reason to panic. Most of the alts are lagging behind BTC in this bull run so far. And the Bitcoin dominance breached 60% a few hours ago (two months back, it was 50%).
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
Already three times fell in dollars from the peak of the price against the background of the growth of the remaining tokens where there is a small capitalization.

Price drop because right now the payout for bounty campaign. When everyone sells then the price stabilizes. This happens in all projects when the coins are sold by bounty participants.
I think after the bounty and give aways price will stabilize and thence commence an upward movement, coins to include staking have a way on maintaining prices as investors tend to hold and therefore reduce sell pressures. Veil is gaining traction and I am just following up the mining details as I wish to have more.

Idk if this price drop was from bounties or not. Lots of alts got decimated.

On the other hand - I also don't see any pump happening anytime soon either.
Simply, there is a low token amount and high emission schedule for the next 2years...

Right now is the time for staking and Hodling and accumulation.
Wait for development to happen, a new updated wallet with Zerocoin fixes.

The time will come, but an overnight success story is unlikely to happen. Long-term bag holding will produce a Lambo, I'm sure of it  Grin
copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Price drop because right now the payout for bounty campaign. When everyone sells then the price stabilizes. This happens in all projects when the coins are sold by bounty participants.
I think after the bounty and give aways price will stabilize and thence commence an upward movement, coins to include staking have a way on maintaining prices as investors tend to hold and therefore reduce sell pressures. Veil is gaining traction and I am just following up the mining details as I wish to have more.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
I am staking veil project's coin and I am very impressed with it . Because the staking reward was better than my expectations! The veil is now in the trending mining coin for sure, it is because maybe everyone was looking for a new privacy coin!

How many coins do you stake? In their official wallet? For how long you are doing that, please share a bit more info about it, if you wish of course. Maybe you like to keep it as a secret, but I would really like to know more informations about veil staking, thanks in advance. Nobody saw my last post in this topic, I`m asking again pretty much the same question.
You need approx 13'000 coins to hit 1 stake a day on average.
1 stake is 50 coins.
You need to have the wallet open 24/7 for this to happen. Go get it on the official website. You know, the one in your signature.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
I am staking veil project's coin and I am very impressed with it . Because the staking reward was better than my expectations! The veil is now in the trending mining coin for sure, it is because maybe everyone was looking for a new privacy coin!

How many coins do you stake? In their official wallet? For how long you are doing that, please share a bit more info about it, if you wish of course. Maybe you like to keep it as a secret, but I would really like to know more informations about veil staking, thanks in advance. Nobody saw my last post in this topic, I`m asking again pretty much the same question.
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

Veil - Price dump without compromise!
Sad

Well, we'll have to hope this ends soon. Compared to other privacy coins (Grin, Beam) Veil had been doing well, price-wise. Now, not so much anymore Tongue But hey, whatever. Long-term HODL for me.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

Pages:
Jump to: