Pages:
Author

Topic: The Whales; Myth or not - page 3. (Read 706 times)

Activity: 473
Merit: 11
October 14, 2018, 08:17:45 AM
I think it really exists, and whalles are not myths. if you ever know the Yobit market, then you know the pump & dump market activity. and of course that is definitely just a trick of manipulation from whales
Activity: 1067
Merit: 501
October 14, 2018, 06:46:18 AM
Ofcourse, there are large fish and small fish in every financial market. The last ~10% drop in the entire cryptocurrency market in just 2-3 hours shows that there are whales who can change the price even as rapidly as it happened few days ago.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
October 14, 2018, 06:39:41 AM
It's true that it is not appropriate to assume everytime that the whale is manipulating the price. We must do our research to find out what the actual cause is before believing what the media/news says.
By the way, it's not always necessary that a whale is only the person who has invested millions in bitcoin. There are the early investors who has just invested a few dollars and yet are big whales today by not selling those bitcoins. There are also whales who have not invested at all i.e., the early miners .
Those people do have the ability to manipulate the price but I don't think it's that easy to do so in such a huge market.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1174
October 14, 2018, 06:31:24 AM
Whales aren't myth, they are real and there are whales everywhere. It's not necessary for whale to be an early adopter, rich people can afford to try out different types of investments in any moment, if investment prove to be successful in longer period, who do it early just means more profit. Every market have whales, how much they affect market it's easy to explain, depending from how many whales there is and how heavy they are, they can disturb market with their actions, but they will not crash it, they live in and from that market.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
October 14, 2018, 06:14:15 AM
September 2018 was supposedly the start of the recovery of the market wherein the coins' prices are on stable prices. This was a good signs for the much awaited bull run, but suddenly prices decline again this October. The crash is highly associated with ETF rejection and with the so-called manipulative whales. Since the market is unregulated, there is no way to point out these whales.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
October 14, 2018, 05:54:18 AM
In every business there is always  early birds, They are those that take the risk when cryptocurrency started and there was no hope of cryptocurrency becoming something to reckon on. It is not ideal to take the whales as our enemies. They are the pillar.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
October 14, 2018, 05:36:45 AM
whales is real there are many whales in this world, they can play the price of bitcoin or the cryptocurrency as they want, if they want to make price down and up it will easy for them especially in the small coin or token
Activity: 421
October 14, 2018, 05:35:03 AM
The down market might be caused by what we call whales. These whales can't be proven to be true but assuming their existence, we can't still do anything about it because cryptocurrency has no rules and regulations to be followed. This is the reason why this is a volatile industry.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
October 14, 2018, 05:32:32 AM
You have a point. Whales are everywhere, no project are safe from whales as this type of investors is attracted to innovation and money. But remember, because of them, we are able to grow in a certain way and that they helped a market grow even if they affect the market in a bad way. So I don't think they are a myth or bad, they are actually helping.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
October 14, 2018, 05:21:49 AM
Maybe most of the whales are the early adapters and investors on Bitcoin. Whales have a huge influence in the market.Some small holders can of course earn,when whales manipulate price.
Activity: 630
October 14, 2018, 05:15:24 AM
Some whales obtained their coins illegally so they would want to dump at the earliest opportunity and launder what they have. The longer they have it in their wallets the more chance there is of the law enforcement agencies tracking them down
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
October 14, 2018, 05:06:41 AM
Maybe most of the whales are the early adapters and investors on Bitcoin that's why they hold tons of it.
This isn't a "Maybe" situation. It's a certainty. Of course they were the very few that gambled at the beginning on the possibility of Bitcoin being a hit in the future. It was at a giveaway price and they bought tons of it. Now the dividends they have make most of us gnash our teeth in abject regret. As long as the market dynamics continues, whales will always have an upoer hand both in cryptocurrency and any financial market.
Activity: 685
Merit: 250
October 14, 2018, 04:51:39 AM
Since cryptocurrency is a decentralized and unregulated system, it would be very hard to determine and identify the whales or even prove their existence. All we know that the price of bitcoin is  partly dependent on supply and demand. These whales might the ones holding most of the major coins. From that they can somehow manipulate the market to cause panic to small time holders and these whales will be able to bought more coins.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
October 14, 2018, 04:50:02 AM
Maybe most of the whales are the early adapters and investors on Bitcoin that's why they hold tons of it. I don't think that they know each other because it is a threat to their security and life if other people will know that they are holding a huge amount of Bitcoin.
Do not be naive. I truly believe in global conspiracy and by this theory all whales know each other, well, probably the most of them. I just wander for the reason why the most of whales are still holding bitcoin's, does that mean that 20000 $ we saw last year is not the limit?
Activity: 700
Merit: 380
October 14, 2018, 04:42:16 AM
Whales are most times believers in that asset or commodity, more so than the average investor. And I don't see why they would risk their assets in an attempt to hurt and degrade the value of what they believe in.
Am not suggesting you be ignorant of market manipulations, but filter any information you get for bullshit.
I do not see any problems. Everything happens because of the simple thirst for earnings. Whales, like speculators, want to make money, they just have different methods of work. A market is a place where the assets and values ​​of some individuals are transferred to others. That's the whole story.
Activity: 28
October 14, 2018, 04:39:40 AM
With information regarding whales or otherwise it is important to understand there are serveral sources from where we get information, if it is reliable information or not is for us to find out with careful research and not jumping the gun and panicking. The best thing to do is be careful about the information you act on as it might or might not be true.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
October 14, 2018, 04:32:13 AM
Maybe most of the whales are the early adapters and investors on Bitcoin that's why they hold tons of it. I don't think that they know each other because it is a threat to their security and life if other people will know that they are holding a huge amount of Bitcoin.

I agree with you that most of the bigtime bitcoin holders are those who people who are here in cryptocurrency when it first started. That time, almost few of them believe that bitcoin will flourish that way it is now. They might be the ones who know how to make the prices ho up and down, in other words, they are the manipulators.
Activity: 25
October 14, 2018, 03:56:19 AM
I've heard of big companies directing the market. I don't know it is all true but it is very much possible. And I'm curious to know how much can they manipulate the market and cause a disruption.
Activity: 693
October 14, 2018, 02:13:20 AM
it is possible for yourself to become a whale. at the beginning when bitcoin cost a few dollars enough, it was necessary to buy it more and keep it.)
I think whales exist, they are not only a myth in crypto world since they have a bigger holdings of bitcoin so market value are mostly dependent on their activity like dumping and buying will greatly affect market value if we look at the basic law of supply and demand, so volatility are not merely cause by every individual normal trader.
Activity: 773
October 14, 2018, 01:53:06 AM
it is possible for yourself to become a whale. at the beginning when bitcoin cost a few dollars enough, it was necessary to buy it more and keep it.)
Pages:
Jump to: