Pages:
Author

Topic: The Whales; Myth or not - page 5. (Read 706 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 15
October 12, 2018, 05:30:54 AM
Whales are very much real and they usually controls huge amount of BTC (as we are talking BTC investment.)
Activity: 332
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 05:29:55 AM
The general market is definitely all about risks, and sometimes to maximize profits one needs to take a significant amount of risk, to be a whale in an investment in the fist place is a risk itself considering the large amount of assets..

So huge market manipulations by whales is obviously very much possible as they are trying to maximize profits and buy at a cheap price, you can call it risky trying to sell your coins,for the price to drop,so you could purchase at a cheaper rate, but to me it's definitely a risk worth taking, though it could be catastrophic if it fails..

I definitely think whales have a huge influence in the market as they own assets worth influencing the market,though we have to control what we actually take in, and avoid FUD, as this could actually reduce the influence this whales have on the market

I think, formula is like this: whales transfer huge amounts in few transactions between their own wallets, to create impression, that BTC is moving at that price level (thats why average transaction value is so large) and sell much smaller volumes for real money to newcomers ("investors", like You). Thats why median transaction is so low.

Now, as they basically milk real money out of late joiners, it will take some time (because, they have a shitload of eraly free coins) to sell those coins out by 0.05 BTC as an average.

You are scammed big time. And the fact, that some of You can make some money too (when whales manipulate price, some small holders can of course earn too) as a byproduct.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
October 12, 2018, 05:21:30 AM
The general market is definitely all about risks, and sometimes to maximize profits one needs to take a significant amount of risk, to be a whale in an investment in the fist place is a risk itself considering the large amount of assets..

So huge market manipulations by whales is obviously very much possible as they are trying to maximize profits and buy at a cheap price, you can call it risky trying to sell your coins,for the price to drop,so you could purchase at a cheaper rate, but to me it's definitely a risk worth taking, though it could be catastrophic if it fails..

I definitely think whales have a huge influence in the market as they own assets worth influencing the market,though we have to control what we actually take in, and avoid FUD, as this could actually reduce the influence this whales have on the market
Activity: 332
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 05:18:25 AM
Maybe most of the whales are the early adapters and investors on Bitcoin that's why they hold tons of it. I don't think that they know each other because it is a threat to their security and life if other people will know that they are holding a huge amount of Bitcoin.

Yes, I agree. Whales are essentially created by process, called halvening.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

Pay special attention to "long term block". If the mathematical part of Your brain is at least semi-alive, You should easily understand, BTC is nothing more, than a scheme.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
October 12, 2018, 05:08:34 AM
Maybe most of the whales are the early adapters and investors on Bitcoin that's why they hold tons of it. I don't think that they know each other because it is a threat to their security and life if other people will know that they are holding a huge amount of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
October 12, 2018, 04:48:48 AM
Of recent we have had a couple of conversations discussing whales and their level of influence on the bitcoin market.

Most are familiar with the concept of, who a whale is. Someone who owns a percentage of a certain currency large enough to cause a disruption in the market through various actions can be referred to as a whale.

It is believed that a few hands hold a larger share of the total bitcoin in circulation.
While it is possible that this investors might know each other personally, that doesn't at all mean they all work together to manipulate the market.

Someone willing to invest a couple of millions in currency should have  a higher target than trying to make a quick buck by risking his assets. And with the maturity of bitcoin as a currency, (over 109billion in market value) manipulating the market is not as easy at it once was, but still as risky.

Whales are most times believers in that asset or commodity, more so than the average investor. And I don't see why they would risk their assets in an attempt to hurt and degrade the value of what they believe in.

Am not suggesting you be ignorant of market manipulations, but filter any information you get for bullshit.
As an investor, sharp, short market changes shouldn't bother you as much, and as a trader, rely on other forms of analysis, technical and foundamental.
And develop the right mindset to control your emotions.
Pages:
Jump to: