Pages:
Author

Topic: The Whales; Myth or not - page 4. (Read 706 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
October 14, 2018, 01:32:13 AM
I dont think so, group of people, companies or overhelming rich traders doesn't simply at the same level as normal traders do to gain profit, they are consolidating the supply which is a long process, but getting harmful to the market as they could control at a certain degree, bitcoin supply is huge and i remember reading articles about 70% of them are totally stationary for many purposes, there's no way but to coupe with them in the sea of whales
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
October 14, 2018, 12:45:57 AM
I believe that whales exists. because surely there are most people who have a lot of balances in their wallets. and if they sell everything the price will drop dramatically.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 504
October 14, 2018, 12:42:14 AM
Whales are part of everything, pumps and dumps. They are there trying to increase their own wealth most of the time by manipulating small cap tokens and creating more problems for crypto to get regulated. We need more liquidation and spread in all of the tokens, hopefully it will happen in the coming years.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
October 14, 2018, 12:23:13 AM
In my opinion, whales are not a myth and is existing in the current situation holding huge amount of btc reserves that could make an impact in the crypto market. These whale investors can do manipulate the crypto market through the use of dark pools in which it can gather large amount of crypto coins without it being made acknowledged in the public market. The result of this manipulations could be just in short period of time and later market becomes to normalize again.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
October 13, 2018, 11:39:45 PM
The concept of whales is not limited to individuals. Some companies are considered big whales such as[ Coinbase & Bitman.] and some wallets which can play this role.
In the end, the goal is to achieve interests even if this causes some harm. Just like what happened with Bitcoin at the end of last year, "Spamming network for BCH" or companies trying to change it into a central currency and operating as an international bank. "Coinbase, ETF"  Or conservative do not want to support the market to reduce prices.
So whales are there, and they can change some rules of the game.

I agree, even the Mt. Gox trustee can be categorically be called whales because he has a huge holding of bitcoin and others say him the "Tokyo Whale". They may or may not work together, but investors are really affected if they saw some huge sell orders causing others to panic and blame the market manipulation to them.

to you and everyone else, have you ever wondered why the talk about "whales" always starts and is the most heated whenever price is falling, has fallen, or like right now is stable? we never see such heated talk about whales and manipulation all over the place when price is rising!

the reason (based on what i have seen) is that people can't explain drops so they start looking for someone to blame so they create whales. otherwise we have the same situation during rises too but they ignore everything then.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 544
October 13, 2018, 11:32:29 PM
The concept of whales is not limited to individuals. Some companies are considered big whales such as[ Coinbase & Bitman.] and some wallets which can play this role.
In the end, the goal is to achieve interests even if this causes some harm. Just like what happened with Bitcoin at the end of last year, "Spamming network for BCH" or companies trying to change it into a central currency and operating as an international bank. "Coinbase, ETF"  Or conservative do not want to support the market to reduce prices.

I agree, even the Mt. Gox trustee can be categorically be called whales because he has a huge holding of bitcoin and others say him the "Tokyo Whale". They may or may not work together, but investors are really affected if they saw some huge sell orders causing others to panic and blame the market manipulation to them.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
October 13, 2018, 11:26:39 PM
Well, there's huge possibility of the existence of the whales and of course their action would affect the market highly. But as it is the possibility of every currency and still the business is still going on, so there should be no need to worry about it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
October 13, 2018, 11:20:48 PM
right. This market has only small fish confronting whales. But that does not mean the whale will never hurt. There have been many cases of manipulation and some manipulative organizations have gone bankrupt. That happens because the psychology of small investors like us always hold when the market goes down. Train and control your emotions well for this battle.
Activity: 28
October 13, 2018, 11:11:42 PM
Considering all the facts, it is unlikely that the whales are myth. The whales are very much real and they have enough crypto in their pocket to make a significant ammount of change in the crypto market.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
October 12, 2018, 09:08:39 AM
you know what, 90% of the times when people talk about whales in bitcoin market they are not talking about actual whales. instead they are talking about scare crows that they call whales that they create in their head to scare people with. for instance recently there is a trend going on about "watching whales". or "whale watching" as some people like to call it! (it's a thing now haha)
what they do is that they try to find a big transaction on the blockchain and then start making up stories about it saying it is a whale moving coins to exchanges to dump and crash the market. the funny thing is that if you really analyze the blockchain you would see such large fund moves happen regularly and it has nothing to do with whales and dumping.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
October 12, 2018, 08:57:32 AM
Maybe most of the whales are the early adapters and investors on Bitcoin that's why they hold tons of it. I don't think that they know each other because it is a threat to their security and life if other people will know that they are holding a huge amount of Bitcoin.

Yes, I agree. Whales are essentially created by process, called halvening.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

Pay special attention to "long term block". If the mathematical part of Your brain is at least semi-alive, You should easily understand, BTC is nothing more, than a scheme.

Since Bitcoin is a scheme,then maybe the whole cryptocurrency are scheme also?

If thats the case,what are you doing here?Trolling the forum with your bullshit comments?

Go away ,we dont need you here .

And even if this is a scheme don’t worry its our decision to trust crypto and nothing can stop us from investing,so stop your misleading strategy
Activity: 713
Merit: 31
October 12, 2018, 08:52:06 AM
I wish it was Myth. people who have a lot of crypto money can direct the market. In this way, while making a lot of money, they can create victims.
Activity: 324
Merit: 15
October 12, 2018, 08:50:48 AM
Hello,

There is two parts for me, the individuals which are probably mostly historical early adopters and the big companies that could be considered as wahles in the different wallet they could have.

The first are for me most holders and the potential manipulation is more related to the second ones.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
October 12, 2018, 08:17:59 AM
In the end, the goal is to achieve interests even if this causes some harm. Just like what happened with Bitcoin at the end of last year, "Spamming network for BCH" or companies trying to change it into a central currency and operating as an international bank. "Coinbase, ETF"  Or conservative do not want to support the market to reduce prices.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 07:54:55 AM
I think the whales exist, in every society they are people who are far richer than the rest of the population. I believe the same situation applies in the world of bitcoin. Most of the whales are early adapters who had a strong interest and belief in  bitcoin, I believe they are now benefitting greatly in terms of finances from bitcoin.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
October 12, 2018, 06:46:52 AM
in this market people tend to believe a wide variety of weird things when it comes to the market and price movements which is i think mostly because they can not explain some of these trends and sometimes because of the way that FUD works. they first believe the FUD and act on it (sell too late at the bottom) and when the price goes up instead of going down according to that FUD they call it whale manipulation!
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 12, 2018, 06:40:47 AM
Maybe most of the whales are the early adapters and investors on Bitcoin that's why they hold tons of it. I don't think that they know each other because it is a threat to their security and life if other people will know that they are holding a huge amount of Bitcoin.

Early adopters may become whale if they sure invest back when the price is super cheap, And I really think the owner of the pizza delivery that  receives the 10,000 bitcoins back then had become a whale if he or she continued to accept bitcoin as a payment or wait up to this day for the price to really pump up, Well I am just saying the fact on maybe they become a whale and right now are manipulating the value.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 06:17:22 AM
very good advice from the author. Indeed, big players risk much bigger sums than we are to blame and blame them for something absolutely pointless because if it were not for them, then perhaps we would not see such an increase in cryptocurrency over the past year
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
October 12, 2018, 05:50:43 AM

It probably is. Theres is really a huge possibility that those people or whales are the early adopters, but then we can also say that those are people who have a huge amount of money that bought bitcoin because they see the potential of it. But then no one knew still who are those. We can only assume that people in the market are the reason of the market's value, and not only some individuals.
Activity: 18
October 12, 2018, 05:47:00 AM
Whales are very much real and they usually controls huge amount of BTC (as we are talking BTC investment.)

Totally agree with you, however it's still questionable, to what extent can they manipulate the market, as doing daytrading with such amounts is an extremely risky business for the whales themselves.
Pages:
Jump to: