Pages:
Author

Topic: █████ ***** THE ZEROCASH SOURCE - Truly anonymous coin ***** █████ - page 16. (Read 53569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I'm waiting for this launch. Any ETA?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Thanks LiteCoinGuy. Very interesting discussion. Makes a strong case for the importance of anonymity. I'll be following Zerocoin developments.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
This basically implements encrypted connections among Bit/altcoin peers.

This can kill anoncoin.

I'm relatively new but if I read this article correctly zerocoin will be part of anoncoin. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/12/12/anoncoin-interview-lead-developer/
Maybe it will be implemented, but shhhh... Zerocoin needs independence Smiley

after carefully reading Zerocoin may just be added in anoncoin..

...So, Zerocoin can be thought of as a built-in, no trust coin-mixing service. Right now, the Anoncoin team are deciding on a sensible exchange rate between Anoncoin and Zerocoin, and what percentage of Anoncoin block rewards will be paid out in Zerocoin – given the latter will be incorporated as an additional part of the ANC blockchain. In fact, Zerocoin was initially developed as an addition to Bitcoin. For whatever reason, perhaps caution against adding complex new features by the developers, or perhaps privacy being lower on their agenda than mainstream / regulatory acceptance, it seems unlikely the Bitcoin will adopt Zerocoin into its protocol any time soon.

This opens the door for Anoncoin, likely the first altcoin to integrate Zerocoin, to become the preferred coin for those who value their financial privacy. Let’s face it; such a privilege has long been lost to users of credit cards, electronic banking, wire services, PayPal or anything that isn’t cash, barter or carefully-deployed cryptocurrency. Anoncoin is shaping up to be the complete privacy package. I suspect it will function as a great testbed for anonymity features, as well as having a bright future of its own.

Anoncoin is premined. Also, zerocoin is now going to be its own alt coin, not an add on as was originally discussed on their website. The zerocoin website has not been updated for awhile.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 252
Intertesting. I'll be following developments.

I vote for BTX for the abbreviation if this takes off. As in Bitcoin-next generation.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Looks great, will be looking for new infos Smiley
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
reserved

Not sure what is meant by writing "reserved", but I am all for it if it indicates interest in zerocoin and thanks to the op for starting this thread;

think so  Wink

and you will find this topic faster if you posted here.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
reserved

Not sure what is meant by writing "reserved", but I am all for it if it indicates interest in zerocoin and thanks to the op for starting this thread;
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Who came up with the logo?  Looks scary to me. Authoritarian.

The people who made this coin seem very aggressive in their pursuits. Which is not entirely bad, but I get some weird vibes from them.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
So, any ideas when the new whitepaper will get released?

no. nothing new on the zerocoin frontline. could be jan or feb 2014.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Such is life in crypto paradise
So, any ideas when the new whitepaper will get released?
Activity: 11
The only single biggest problem at hand is lack of anonymity with bitcoin and all its derivatives which is practically all the coins out there.

Unless this or another coin can bring %100 anonymity to the table none of them has the right to be acknowledged as 2ND GEN COIN, period.

I 'am all in favor of emunie and this zerocoin.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
What is the difference compared to Anoncoin?

well, Zerocoin is anonymous  Tongue

Zerocoin will have true anonymity build within the code that means, you cant scan the blockchain and see where the money comes from and where it goes and so on.

also i guess the devs will make further improvements. we will see in 2014.

@ LaudaM

dont know that but i guess they will fix that before release.
Activity: 266
Science!
Who came up with the logo?  Looks scary to me. Authoritarian.

I like the logo. Reminds me of the 8-cell aka Tesseract: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesseract
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Didn't some person around here say that zerocoin was still vulnerable to some kind of attacks (can't seem to remember)?
Activity: 322
What is the difference compared to Anoncoin?
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Who came up with the logo?  Looks scary to me. Authoritarian.

instead of their logo we could use your profile pic  Grin

Wink
Activity: 16
Very Interesting........

Yes, but it seems that eMunie (offering 100% anonymity) will be released first..

I am quite new in crypto's , anyone can tell me what is the real difference between eMunie and Zerocoin ? Are there any areas where Zerocoin is better ?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: