Pages:
Author

Topic: TheBitMint - Buy Bitcoins With PayPal (Site Closed) - page 2. (Read 28012 times)

BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
Paid in full.  Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Verifying TheBitMan deposit now. 
Will be paying all 14 creditors (TheBitMan added one more) within the hour.

I was just paid.  Thank you TheBitMan for making it right, thank you Tangible for helping!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Tangible Cryptography LLC
Verifying TheBitMan deposit now. 
Will be paying all 14 creditors (TheBitMan added one more) within the hour.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
That's great that this is finally over, now I just have to pay off the collection company that paypal sold this debt too....
Activity: 280
Final payment has been made and you should all receive the btc soon.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
Any update? Friday was 3 banking days ago
due to the way my schedule is I will go friday, i meant this friday
hopefully this will not turn into next friday.
due to the way my schedule is I will go friday, i meant this friday
Activity: 388
Due to my schedule and bank of americas hours friday is the latest the final payment may be made. Since they are open later fridays it may be friday since that fits my schedule.
Went to the bank today, I couldn't cash it since I don't have the amount of money the check was in my account so I have to wait for it to clear which takes 2 bussiness days. Monday is a holiday here in the US so you will all have your money probaly by thursday. Sorry for the delay everyone I want this to be over as much as you do.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin

Any you always did what your mother told you?  I'm sure you were 17 once.

I would obey adults when I was 17 specially when it came to dealing with other people's money.
BCB
vip
BCJ
For me this is the whole print of the thread.  "What you do on-line has real world implications."  When people choose to trust and respect individuals on line the same as they in real life we'll all be better off.  I hope the TheBitMan has learned that lesson and others watching this thread can see that.  And in at lease some pockets of this board and in the bitcoin economy in general there is a desire to have a civil society based on mutual trust and respect and the knowledge that even on line our actions have consequences.

Activity: 449
bbit,  you can say what you want but the kids is making good on his debt.  That's more then I can say about a lot of bitcoiners (scammer's) around here.

This is somewhat funny to me because in the real world, I take it for granted that people will pay back money they owe, sort of like how I take it for granted that my next door neighbors won't go through the car parked in my driveway in the middle of the night and steal the change out of the console. It's a sad statement about the quality of people in this forum in general that someone making good on the damages inflicted on others is praised for doing the bare minimum.

I've been reading this thread as it developed and it was clear to me that Bitman was planning all along to pay when he got around to it and it was convenient for him. He didn't actually DO anything until it was obvious that a small claims court case was imminent. He took no steps to ease the burden on his creditors when he had the chance.

Specifically, he dodged questions when people asked him to borrow money from his parents; he refused to provide ID and information to people like Patrick who were going to front him the money, and he gave nothing but excuses when people asked that he make good faith payments.

When the small claims case was about to be filed, he suddenly got a job and made a token loan payment.

I'm happy that everyone will be reimbursed, but just as a general comment on the bitcoin "business world" in general, it's time we start demanding higher standards of conduct.
BCB
vip
BCJ
you closed the gambling site , you closed this , any new projects or you done with bitcoin ?
I think im done
no shit sherlock lol .....

bbit,  you can say what you want but the kids is making good on his debt.  That's more then I can say about a lot of bitcoiners (scammer's) around here.

problem is he was told NOT to do what he was doing early on but he was arrogant littlebitman so he stained bitcoin with this and some people are still pissed...  lol ...  

I was one of the few people who said STOP do not go further...along with Matthew W.

Any you always did what your mother told you?  I'm sure you were 17 once.
legendary
Bitcoin
you closed the gambling site , you closed this , any new projects or you done with bitcoin ?
I think im done

bbit,  you can say what you want but the kids is making good on his debt.  That's more then I can say about a lot of bitcoiners (scammer's) around here.

problem is he was told NOT to do what he was doing early on but he was arrogant littlebitman so he stained bitcoin with this and some people are still pissed...  lol ...  

I was one of the few people who said STOP do not go further...along with Matthew W.
BCB
vip
BCJ
I think im done

bbit,  you can say what you want but the kids is making good on his debt.  That's more then I can say about a lot of bitcoiners (scammer's) around here.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
I can confirm TheBitMan has contacted us to handle this second (and final) payment to all creditors.  We will await his deposit as before.
Good to hear. Once this happens, TheBitMint is a hell lot more trustworthy that Pirate!
legendary
Bitcoin
I think im done
Activity: 476
Tangible Cryptography LLC
I can confirm TheBitMan has contacted us to handle this second (and final) payment to all creditors.  We will await his deposit as before.
Any news on the money from paypal?
Yep, got the check. Do to bank timings and my schedule I will send the money out Saturday.
Pages:
Jump to: