Pages:
Author

Topic: These are the top 100 brands by value in 2023 - page 2. (Read 463 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254
Amazon deserves to be the first because they are a sales giant since I was in school, the thing that makes Amazon the best because they always keep up with the times and are supported by a solid and strong team of analysts, a very pleasant experience if one day I can work at a top company that world.
Activity: 618
Merit: 140
The list is neither more nor less than quite predictable and "fair" about the brand value of the companies that precisely have more projection or "target" globally. It is a curious aspect that, for example, in the top 5, most of the brands positioned are precisely those that regardless of the quality (questionable or not) of their products have managed to obtain great popularity, which does not mean that it is. it is not fair, because in any case they have taken decades to position themselves, but out there there are countless emerging brands that offer products and / or services of very good quality that are overshadowed by technicalities and advertising gimmicks of consumer societies. Leaving aside the consumers and also the suppliers who expect to aspire or offer good alternative options and are distancing themselves from each other because of this fact..
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
Calculating the monetary value of a brand seems pointless to me. Nobody would pay 299 billion only for the sake of owning the brand "Amazon".
The actual people, who work in the company are the ones, who make the brand valuable.
The brand "Amazon" would be worthless, if Amazon was managed poorly and the customers were unsatisfied. The same thing applies to Google, Apple, Samsung and the rest of the companies. I'm not a big fan of Tesla and TikTok, but who cares. Grin
The company's brand is just a shiny package without any content inside.
By the way, I'm surprised that Meta/Facebook/Instagram isn't in the TOP 10. Maybe that's why Zuckerberg is desperate, so he created this "Threads" app. Grin
Your perception doesn't really make any sense. How is calculating the monetary value of a brand pointless when a brand is created only so that it gets popular and has a better monetary value over time? Nobody would pay $299b to own Amazon because nobody can, it's too expensive for someone to buy its ownership, even Elon Musk, who is the richest guy in the world cannot buy the ownership of Amazon because its brand value is too high for him, and that's because it has made that name for itself.

And, it's obviously the people behind those brands that made them worth this much, if they had poor management, they wouldn't reach those places in the first place. Why aren't local brands listed there? It's because they are poorly managed and they can't reach the scale as these big brands do because they were made so by their owners and management.
It is pointless to argue a 'what if' scenario, Amazon is there at the top precisely because it has everything that it needs to be at the top, and if we are honest they deserve that spot, their ability to move products all over the world and do so in time is incredible, no company can match their ability to deliver products all over the world, and it is because of this it has become so popular, as if you really need something to get to your door in two days or less, you buy from Amazon and you know they will not disappoint you.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 140
Calculating the monetary value of a brand seems pointless to me. Nobody would pay 299 billion only for the sake of owning the brand "Amazon".
The actual people, who work in the company are the ones, who make the brand valuable.
The brand "Amazon" would be worthless, if Amazon was managed poorly and the customers were unsatisfied. The same thing applies to Google, Apple, Samsung and the rest of the companies. I'm not a big fan of Tesla and TikTok, but who cares. Grin
The company's brand is just a shiny package without any content inside.
By the way, I'm surprised that Meta/Facebook/Instagram isn't in the TOP 10. Maybe that's why Zuckerberg is desperate, so he created this "Threads" app. Grin
Your perception doesn't really make any sense. How is calculating the monetary value of a brand pointless when a brand is created only so that it gets popular and has a better monetary value over time? Nobody would pay $299b to own Amazon because nobody can, it's too expensive for someone to buy its ownership, even Elon Musk, who is the richest guy in the world cannot buy the ownership of Amazon because its brand value is too high for him, and that's because it has made that name for itself.

And, it's obviously the people behind those brands that made them worth this much, if they had poor management, they wouldn't reach those places in the first place. Why aren't local brands listed there? It's because they are poorly managed and they can't reach the scale as these big brands do because they were made so by their owners and management.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
Where is META? They have Facebook, WhatsApp and hundreds of companies affiliated with them, and a database that may represent more than a third of the world's population, with the possibility of changing state policies and influencing public opinion.

We are missing out on the AI applications that could make OpenAI and other leaders in this field valuable in market.
If AI applications at the same pace, we will see big changes on this list soon.
Also, the oil giants are not visible, such as Saudi Aramco Total and others.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
Any brands that you expected to see in the Top 10 but didn’t? Surprising to see that TikTok/Douyin is now becoming the most valuable social media brand in the world. I guess people really love watching lip-syncing celebrities.
I had hoped to find Facebook and Twitter there, but to my surprise, they were not present. These two platforms are undeniably central to the world of information and data exchange. As of now, social media serves as the primary hub where businesses congregate, making the presence of both Facebook and Twitter highly anticipated due to their widespread popularity.

Their relentless innovation and well-crafted partnership strategies resonate effectively with a multitude of businesses. Nonetheless, it's truly astonishing to witness TikTok's greater success compared to Facebook and Twitter. Despite being a newer company, TikTok has managed to secure a spot in the top 10. Its impact is genuinely awe-inspiring, as it has emerged as the latest trend captivating the entire population.
Tik Tok has transformed into a social media that is liked by many people, many people immediately use it as a mandatory application because it has many benefits, and also following trends is an easy way to get profits, where previously, when Tik Tok was not yet famous, Facebook was rampant in cyberspace, of course this is a consideration that we must be able to see trends earlier to make a profit, especially now that Twitter is changing its logo which certainly affects the trend
Activity: 1176
Merit: 105
Chainjoes.com
It is well deserved for companies like Amazon, Apple, Google, and Microsoft to have these positions because they are all quite strong names and have achieved high positions in the list of the world's leading companies for a long time.

It is quite interesting to see that the chart has the name tiktok. Although it seems to be condemned in many countries, it is true that this name will still grow tremendously due to its access to users and customers, as well as its strong competitiveness, because I see that young people in the market use the TikTok application a lot.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
paper money is going away
Any brands that you expected to see in the Top 10 but didn’t? Surprising to see that TikTok/Douyin is now becoming the most valuable social media brand in the world. I guess people really love watching lip-syncing celebrities.
I had hoped to find Facebook and Twitter there, but to my surprise, they were not present. These two platforms are undeniably central to the world of information and data exchange. As of now, social media serves as the primary hub where businesses congregate, making the presence of both Facebook and Twitter highly anticipated due to their widespread popularity.

Their relentless innovation and well-crafted partnership strategies resonate effectively with a multitude of businesses. Nonetheless, it's truly astonishing to witness TikTok's greater success compared to Facebook and Twitter. Despite being a newer company, TikTok has managed to secure a spot in the top 10. Its impact is genuinely awe-inspiring, as it has emerged as the latest trend captivating the entire population.
Activity: 756
Merit: 179
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Brand Finance came out with a report last week of their Top 100 companies by brand value. Brand value refers to the monetary worth and reputation of a brand in the market. It represents the financial impact a brand has on a company, and it's calculated based on various factors such as brand recognition, customer loyalty, market position, and overall perception among consumers and stakeholders.

Here are the Top 10 most valuable brands in the world in 2023 so far and their brand value in billions:

1. Amazon - $299.3
2. Apple - $297.5
3. Google - $281.4
4. Microsoft - $191.6
5. Walmart - $113.8
6. Samsung Group - $99.7
7. ICBC - $69.5
8. Verizon - $67.4
9. Tesla - $66.2
10. TikTok/Douyin - $65.7

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/top-100-brand-value-2023/

It's funny to see that Twitter or Facebook don't even rank among first 10. I think people love more real brands like Amazon who has done well with connecting the world without hate speech or criticism.

It also goes to show that technology in the form of digital gadgets/devices, computer programs, Web3, Blockchain technology is in the fore front of world development hence why A.i brands in some years will make it to top of this list.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
TikTok indeed found a way to attract a lot of users. People found a platform which they can access various communities which they belong to like fandom and people with the same interests and beliefs as them. Add that with the factor of entertainment that relates to the newest trend then they found the (almost) perfect formula for their platform's success. Hence, why I'm not surprise to see TikTok on this list.
I feel like they are going to be one of the biggest one day, but they can't really crack into top three that easily. I wonder why tencent is not there? We are talking about one of the biggest companies in the world, sure they do not make that much branding based on their tencent name, but anyone who knows what they own, would know that they are one of the biggest companies in the world running one of the biggest games and such all together, they are just huge.

I would put them near any other name in that list. Sure apple and amazon and tesla and all have great branding, but Tencent should be there too, it's big enough that I have heard about it a million times. Could replace verizon a lot quicker if you think about it.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
Expansion that continues to be active and efficiency & innovation that the company continues to develop makes the position in the market stronger, in my country Amazon has a strong business network from upstream to downstream, and Google has also opened an official office so that advertising on Google is increasingly popular compared to other media such as other media such as other media television or something else.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 2011
Brand value is a conditional and abstract figure that can drop sharply if there is any scandal with the company (for example, like enron corporation due to its falsified reporting). Undoubtedly, as an investor who has bought shares in one of these companies, the brand value will not give anything, but this parameter can indirectly affect the current capitalization of the company, and hence your profitability. Brand value will be important if you are considering buying one of these companies. Smiley

Well, I have argued the opposite. Value investors, the best and most famous being Buffett, don't use brand value at all. They look closely at the company's numbers, and if they are going to buy enough shares to take control, they also look at the reputation of the management, although they can change it if they don't like it. I've bought shares quite a few times in my life and I didn't even know the concept.
Activity: 854
Merit: 737
The weird thing is that BlackRock has a stake in most of these companies lol, as if they're the master puppeteer pulling the strings from the background controlling the whole economy of the west through their investments and shit.
I've read too and no one knows the amount of their actual wealth even holds all that the company stock on the list. That possibility, they count all amounts of the asset company, not count who is behind the company like a shareholder. BlackRock stock is also divided to other companies like Vanguard, thus giving rise to a conspiracy like yours think. Another thing is no one knows who the real owner of Blackrock is. Because the information is still confusing about who can control the world economy. And, as far as I know, Blackrock owns all of the company's stock on the list.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 589
The weird thing is that BlackRock has a stake in most of these companies lol, as if they're the master puppeteer pulling the strings from the background controlling the whole economy of the west through their investments and shit. I hate it when I'm acting like some sort of a deranged conspiracy theorist but at the same time with all this going on it leads me to think that there's just something awry within the systems of the biggest companies that makes them yield to BlackRock. Makes me think about the ETF they had with bitcoin and what it would do with the whole cryptocurrency industry now that they are practically vying to control a good portion of the market for themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
I am shocked to see ICBC as high as it is.  I work in finance and have never even heard of this company.  What shocks me ever more is that TikTok is at number 10!!!  I mean this can't be true is it?! 

To add on to your point that it looks like people love to watch lip syncing to stupid dance videos by teenage girls half naked, what's worse is all the data that CHINESE owned TikTok steals from it's customers.  I fucking hate TikTok with a passion.  If you're smart, you'll stay of that shithole.

No surprise with the top 5 though, those were certainly expected.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
Amazon, Google, and Apple are to be expected to dominate the market. These three are used by majority of the population, with their ties to technology, market, education, and general every day lives of the people. TikTok is surely making a name for itself as more and more users and brands are using it for marketing and entertainment.
When you made mentioned of tiktok you are referring to a social media and that social media you are referring Is what brands use to promote their markets, so right now I can not refer tiktok as money brand, it's a social media like Instagram, twitter and reddit and Facebook were things that is unaware by society is going to be aware, this is the thing I believe that is functional impact of tiktok, amazon Google play and others can be called money brands but tiktok I insisted.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
Surprising to see that TikTok/Douyin is now becoming the most valuable social media brand in the world. I guess people really love watching lip-syncing celebrities.
It isn't surprising, AFAIK, they've got a huge userbase in the USA and that's why when Trump's was still in the office he did something crazy like banning it but people never stopped using it. But because of how catchy the contents are there and it's visible on how its team managed to gain a lot of users, it's able to beat the other two known brands.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

It is surprising but at the same time it is not, after all even if I do not use TikTok or similar platforms, at the same time I understand how popular they are and since TikTok has gotten so popular over the last years then it is not surprising that it is leaving the rest of the social media websites behind, probably the one that surprises me the most is Walmart, not because it is there but because of how low is its value compared with other brands, as literally there are Walmarts everywhere and I would have supposed its value to be much higher.
Activity: 994
Merit: 367
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I know Meta would be part of the top 100 brands by value in 2023 but I was expecting it to be top 10. I am disappointed after all the progress they have made with their Threads app, I remember their stock shooting up they should be there. It is no surprise to particularly Google, Microsoft and Apple on top 10. They have been truly innovative. With Google's Chat AI and Microsoft creating theirs. Why are there no fashion and automobile brands aside Tesla in 10 top? Especially automobiles have been doing great with their switch to electric cars and smart cars if I may add.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358
As far as I understand they are measuring brand values which is not always economically relatable. Apple is heavy brand but without software and hardware's real value and budgets towards research and development it can mean nothing. I am not very surprised with list and I am expecting Tiktok to get even higher in that rank. Its popularity is beyond the sky and new generations love it a lot. It can increase its real value too.
Pages:
Jump to: