Pages:
Author

Topic: theymos is a government agent | do not use this forum it is honeypot - page 3. (Read 9237 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Activity: 658
Merit: 501

You are such a fucking idiot, it's so entertaining how ridiculously stupid some people on the internet are. That there is Tradefortress using a sneaky trick to change his name to satoshis'. I should be able to do that too, watch

I noticed that 10 seconds after my post and updated. Looks like I was right about which accounts have been hijacked thus far.
vip
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
I am disappointed in theymos. I have stepped away from the forum, but I believe it is time to find a more competent administrator.

satoshi

Yes, see what is happening? Satoshi's password obviously wasn't changed when his email was compromised or it was changed and not given enough entropy.

All passwords should immediately be changed by Theymos to 128bit or higher entropy and all users should be forced to reset through their email on file.

You are such a fucking idiot, it's so entertaining how ridiculously stupid some people on the internet are.

Stupidity is forgivable, but he be disrespecting Mr. Nakamoto!
He just ain't got no scruples Angry

It's in homage, not disrespect. Drama is what powers Bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
I am disappointed in theymos. I have stepped away from the forum, but I believe it is time to find a more competent administrator.

satoshi
Alright TF, real funny. I am not sure if your account is hacked, or if you were behind the hack as someone has advised me (without evidence), however I think it is pretty bad taste to pretend to be satoshi like this.

satoshi

Yes, see what is happening? Satoshi's password obviously wasn't changed when his email was compromised or it was changed and not given enough entropy.

All passwords should immediately be changed by Theymos to 128bit or higher entropy and all users should be forced to reset through their email on file.
That is not satoshi. It is TF who has the ability to change his display name and his custom title. Satoshi does not have negative trust nor does it have negative trust. Satoshi's account is locked and probably banned in order to prevent anyone malicious from accessing it
vip

satoshi

double satoshi! WHAT IS GOING ON??!!
vip

satoshi

You are such a fucking idiot, it's so entertaining how ridiculously stupid some people on the internet are. That there is Tradefortress using a sneaky trick to change his name to satoshis'. I should be able to do that too, watch
vip

satoshi

I like ur name.

satoshi

WTF ... looks like a blend of Satoshi's account and Tradefortesses old account ... check out his trust -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=67058

Real Satoshi - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3
Fake Satoshi - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/tradefortress-67058
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻

satoshi
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271
where is the info in the blockchain so i can look at it,

Never looked for that one, but the Strings command can find it for you. Actually the Strings command can find a lot of weird, funny, and whimsical stuff in the block chain.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
where is the info in the blockchain so i can look at it,
vip
We are starting to see hacked accounts from the leak appear and begin to troll these forums. Theymos needs to force a password reset on all unchanged passwords ASAP.

What will that do? it'll only make it slightly easier for the hacker, he won't have to go through as many mouse clicks to reset a password after he logs in.

Precisely, odds are the attacker will log on and go directly to change the passwords of compromised accounts. I however am more curious to see if my account gets hacked (doubtful) but it would interest me considering the strength of the hash.

You should change your password. I'm guessing a lot of people have the dump by now. Password crackers are really smart, almost any password a human can think of can be cracked within a few hours with under $10,000 worth of GPU's.

So you have bought $10,000 worth of GPU to dedicate to cracking my pw hash (which is very long and hard) to gain access to my bitcointalk.org account which is the only place that hash is used?  We need to talk about risk rewards. Time would be better spent mining with those GPU's.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
what are they going to get apart from your email address?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
nonsense

The difference is the files themselves are contraband, making it a crime within the US for them to exist there. Discussing and coordinating ponzis within a country that it is legal IS NOT A CRIME, even if the server is hosted in the US. One simple question for you. If you really believe the forum is itself operating illegally, why hasn't it been shut down? Do you think no one has tried to report the forum before to authorities or regulatory agencies? You are very naive.

One more time, for reference: https://ilt.eff.org/index.php/Copyright:_Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act#DMCA.E2.80.99s_Safe_Harbors_for_Online_Service_Providers

^ mostly refers to civil liability

http://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1838&context=btlj

^ Applies to criminal liability
vip
What will that do? it'll only make it slightly easier for the hacker, he won't have to go through as many mouse clicks to reset a password after he logs in.

mt. gox support just came to visit us after 3 years without single post?Smiley coincidence for sure!

Well he, like me, probably received an email from the forum about a hack. And logged on to see what is happening. Since, today is a holiday, I'm wasting time chilling out on the forum poking my nose into threads here and there...
vip
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
We are starting to see hacked accounts from the leak appear and begin to troll these forums. Theymos needs to force a password reset on all unchanged passwords ASAP.

Precisely, odds are the attacker will log on and go directly to change the passwords of compromised accounts. I however am more curious to see if my account gets hacked (doubtful) but it would interest me considering the strength of the hash.

You should change your password. I'm guessing a lot of people have the dump by now. Password crackers are really smart, almost any password a human can think of can be cracked within a few hours with under $10,000 worth of GPU's.
vip

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null

mt. gox support just came to visit us after 3 years without single post?Smiley coincidence for sure!

Who is 'we'? And how do you know?

We have been discussing this. - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/influx-of-hacked-accounts-1068422

We are starting to find long inactive accounts come back online and troll this forum in a different voice than the original user.

This.
That.

It is impossible to know for sure which ones are and aren't as  some of these inactive users may be coming back because they are prompted to change their password by Theymos by the email that was sent and than they came back and posted a bit.

No, Theymos needs to change all passwords and force users to reset passwords through the email account on file. The hacker will only be able to exploit accounts that have used the same passwords or security questions between bitcointalk and their email if this is done.

This has already been suggested to Theymos in Twitter 2 days ago ...
https://twitter.com/bitcointalk/status/602017247788343296

Why this isn't being done is shocking to say the least. Perhaps Theymos is trying to gather a bit of information about the hacker by delaying this security measure.... lets hope so.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
needs to force a password reset on all unchanged passwords ASAP.

this should be done on all accounts even before forum was started again earlier today. now really recommend to all closely check section where are account trades.

if theymos is some agent? honestly, I don't give a flying fuck. I'm enjoying this forum, usually thinking before post/PM and learned lot of stuff here..
Pages:
Jump to: