Pages:
Author

Topic: THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING AN ACCOUNT - page 4. (Read 4284 times)

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193
I wanna buy an account and i wanna knw the kind of things i should watch out for when im buying a membership account on this forum
What for you buy bitcointalk account ?  Grin
If you buy for Signature Campaign better you buy Sr.Member+ account, because it will rapid return your capital.  Cheesy
And you better buy an account that does not have a bad reputation.  Grin
And dont forget use Escrow for buy account so you do not be fooled.   Tongue

No necessary, some Sr member can be banned from automated signature campaigns which will reduce your profitability. The average increase of pay from full member to Sr member is around 0.0004 and the price of the account is nearly double. Post quality plays a huge part in pay per activity campaign as most only accept good posters.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
Ownership: You should ask the seller to prove the ownership by signing a message for you...

Quality of Posts: The boards where the account made posts must not be off-topic mostly, and all should be constructive in order for you to be able to get accepted in a signature campaign, if you are buying one for the same regards...

Escrow: Never do any trade without having an escrow, I got scammed once and so advising you to strictly follow this rule...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Buy and sell bitcoins,
I wanna buy an account and i wanna knw the kind of things i should watch out for when im buying a membership account on this forum

Things to consider are the ff:

*Check the post quality - If you're buying an account, make sure to check the post quality. Low quality may go cheaper while accounts with high quality posts can be pricey.

*Proof of ownership - Most people around this forum always asks for a signed message from an address that was posted long ago. The longer the better. This is the basic and a must.

*Negative trust -- It's up to you if you'd like to buy an account with a negative trust. They come with a cheaper price but I'd say no to this. If you aim for a sig campaign, most managers wont accept people with negative trust or if they do accept, they'll cut your payment in half because of your trust.

*Escrow - Ask any reputed guy here to escrow when buying an account. Some charges a fee while some just accepts tips but you can ask your escrow to check the account for you to see if there are past issues like sig campaign bans and such.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Are people still farming accounts, well at lease there is still a market for it, you really need a lot of free time to farm accounts on Bitcointalk.
Becoming a members is about a 2 month posting activity or so why not just wait.

As long as there are people who want to bypass the system there will be a market.  Chances are as there will always be account's for sell.

I still think people should raise their own account's.   Buying account's is just not a good way to start.  But I know there are those who will still do it.

The main purpose of buying account here is for the sign campaign,
most sign campaign required member rank or above, of coz there is some can be joined in even Newbie rank.

Also, you can think of like a investment, buying a low rank acc with cheap price,
join a sign campaign, raise the activity, after few months / or even few weeks,
rank up and sell the acc with a better price.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Are people still farming accounts, well at lease there is still a market for it, you really need a lot of free time to farm accounts on Bitcointalk.

As long as there are people who want to bypass the system there will be a market.  Chances are as there will always be account's for sell.

I still think people should raise their own account's.   Buying account's is just not a good way to start.  But I know there are those who will still do it.

it is not just people who farmed an account.
i am sure that there are many users that decide to sell their own account that have been using for long time, for many reason like needing the money or maybe they don't care if they start from scratch since not everyone is in signature campaign.

I think it's very few legit account's that sale.   Most that have been using for a long time really don't want to start over. 

Personally I cannot imagine starting over and putting in a few more years.   The amount of money the account brings vs signature campaign does not compute for a sale of a good long term account.

Most accounts sold I think are farmed.  I could be wrong but I predict this.  Or there was that hack it's hard to tell how many accounts came out of that.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611

it is not just people who farmed an account.
i am sure that there are many users that decide to sell their own account that have been using for long time, for many reason like needing the money or maybe they don't care if they start from scratch since not everyone is in signature campaign.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
Activity: 658
What for you buy bitcointalk account ?  Grin
If you buy for Signature Campaign better you buy Sr.Member+ account, because it will rapid return your capital.  Cheesy
And you better buy an account that does not have a bad reputation.  Grin
And dont forget use Escrow for buy account so you do not be fooled.   Tongue

also he should require for a signed message which would proof that its not stolen and its also ok with buying full members
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
think about that if no one can know if that account is banned or not, why it should matter?

no point in determining if it is banned or not if you can not be secure at 100% about it
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%

Use an escrow when dealing with someone to minimize the risks you might face. Escrows do a good job on keeping a deal safe and secure. Also, when buying an account, ask the seller first whether the account has been banned in the past or not (though I am not sure on how to determine this one) so if the time comes that the bought account will be banned for some reasons, it will not receive a perma ban (a previously banned account is likely to receive a perma ban if the account commits an action against the forum rules or break the rules per se.) Also, buy accounts only with trusted sellers out there because there are still scammers willing to risk their name to just get some couple of BTC on their hands.

There is no way to know if an account have been banned or not, so the seller can lie without consequences. You will only know if your bought account gets banned

That's why I enclosed a sentence stressing that it is difficult to know if the user was banned in the past or not. To prevent this, buy from a trusted account seller in this forum.
legendary
I strongly suggest raising an account vs buying.  Chances are it is from an account farmer and you begin with low quality posts.

And you do not know account history it could be on last chance before ban for all you know.  Not knowing history is a big red flag in my mind.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
^^ The buyer/escrow needs to inquire with the admin as well to get to know if the account was banned before. The escrow can also get an idea with the posting style of the account and checking the posts but it's a tedious job. That's why it is not preferred to buy accounts unless the seller is a reputed person of the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
Look who's the account seller. I can't guarantee the account's quality if the account seller still newbie

I would say the following points are important:

* Ask for bans in signature campaigns.
* Ask if the account was banned from forum before

You can let the escrow verify these things since a sane seller would not give out the profile link. It would be too risky.

how to prove it ? Because he/she can tell lies ...
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
You probably don't want to hear this but you'd be better off growing your own account the normal honest way. The money you make from a sig campaign would take months to earn back what you shell out for a decent ranked account, so you could save the initial outlay of btc and simply use the time it will take to browse these boards, post, ask questions and learn about btc. I've been here years and trust me I've still got a lot to learn.
In a few months you can raise your rank, develop actual relationships and become a known and trusted member. If you buy an account and just start posting whatever to fulfill a campaign quota you will quickly make yourself obvious and be shunned or ignored and in the end have an overall empty and depressing experience here.
The choice is your's

Best suggestion here so far for me but of course it will take time and I doubt OP will do that because majority of btc users especially the new ones like to increase their btc fast.

especially if you have just started using bitcoin i think it is much better to use your own account and post with it and increase your activity on your own to Member. because in the way up you can learn how the signature campaigns work and pay you and also improve your posting quality along with your bitcoin knowledge.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Thanks for this post. Now I know a lot. Good share.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
You probably don't want to hear this but you'd be better off growing your own account the normal honest way. The money you make from a sig campaign would take months to earn back what you shell out for a decent ranked account, so you could save the initial outlay of btc and simply use the time it will take to browse these boards, post, ask questions and learn about btc. I've been here years and trust me I've still got a lot to learn.
In a few months you can raise your rank, develop actual relationships and become a known and trusted member. If you buy an account and just start posting whatever to fulfill a campaign quota you will quickly make yourself obvious and be shunned or ignored and in the end have an overall empty and depressing experience here.
The choice is your's

Best suggestion here so far for me but of course it will take time and I doubt OP will do that because majority of btc users especially the new ones like to increase their btc fast.
Activity: 593
1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

I would say the following points are important:

* Use an escrow even for low amounts <$10. There are scammers that scam for less.
* For expensive accounts ask for a proof of ownership, like a signed message for a bitcoin address that was posted by the account
* Check the activity and the potential activity
* Ask for trust rating. Don't forget trust ratings not in default trust.
* Ask for bans in signature campaigns.
* Ask if the account got accusations against him in threads or so
* Ask if the account was banned from forum before
* Ask about post quality, though that is not so important
* Ask about where the posts happened, that's not so important too though.

You can let the escrow verify these things since a sane seller would not give out the profile link. It would be too risky.
Activity: 504
I am listing some imp. things you should know while purchasing an account -

1. You should ask for account link to verify rank, posts and other details.
2. Always check posts so if the seller doesn't requested any loan from that account.
3. Make sure that the seller shows a demo of the account to verify if its banned or not, use skype share screen for that

1. Most account sellers doesnt tell anyone the name of the account they are selling or it will be flagged as sold account and maybe will get red trust
2. for me this is very important to be sure the account didn't got banned in the past
3. not needed. account can be checked by a trusted escrow.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
when buying account you must use escrow for trade,also check accounts post history and trade history
also check the trust ratings of the users. most important is escrow, without escrow you are taking risk of losing of your money
Pages:
Jump to: