Pages:
Author

Topic: Third alt coin thread last two were too big. Builds links thoughts etc - page 41. (Read 41854 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Not  anti and,but here is some advice for them.

Develop a CPU coin.  Basically if the 399 AMD CPU is equal to the 999 INTEL CPU

A CPU coin with value would make lots of sales for AMD.

I always say propping up a new coin price is lower cost then hiring actors from Big Bang theory to do a commercial .

Right now I can not do a high end AMD build.

Will do the gigabyte z270 and let you know how it goes.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
With Amd's ryzen release notes yesterday
Amd is about to make the market completely competitive
So I'm going to see where it goes before I put more into intel boards and CPU
Intel might drop prices on everything to try and compete with what amd just did

Yeah, there's some decently price B350 motherboards with 6 pci slots. Link: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Prime-B350-Plus-Ryzen-Motherboard/dp/B06X416NJ1/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1487876338&sr=8-19&keywords=am4+motherboard

Definitely easier to resell these than H81 btcs. Depending on the power efficiency, the 1700 cpu may be able to mine XMR pretty well too. (I guess 500h/s)

Umm that board has 4 PCIe slots and two PCI slots, so it can only do 4 GPU's.

okay maybe maybe not   needs testing .

the biostar z170  does 4 cards well none has them doing 5 and 6 cards well
the Aorus  z270 from gigabyte does 5 cards well on windows 10  as tested by me

the ryzen board looks nice maybe it will do 6 cards and the cpu will do a solid 500 on xmr.  so it is like a 7 card rig Maybe

The cpus from amd seem costly to me  lowest cost I see is 329

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113428&cm_re=amd_ryzen-_-19-113-428-_-Product

amd only released the first wave of cpus that complete with intel on gaming and multitasking level
1700 is faster than a 6800k at 329$ 100$ less if i remember right the 1700 is 8 cores 16 threads which amd never has done before till now cuz intel finally sold them a lease for it
it also has at tdp of 65W vs 140W
these are mostly for gaming and stuff like that
6900k is $1k cpu and the 399$ 1700x beat it at cinebench
Ryzen 3 is also coming soon and that should be at around 150$ if I am correct, even that will be overclockable. It won't be out for a while though and we still have no hard confirmation of the details. If anything the current Ryzen benchmarks are looking good. Dunno what they'll compare it to but it should be pretty decent.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Yeah, there's some decently price B350 motherboards with 6 pci slots. Link: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Prime-B350-Plus-Ryzen-Motherboard/dp/B06X416NJ1/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1487876338&sr=8-19&keywords=am4+motherboard

Definitely easier to resell these than H81 btcs. Depending on the power efficiency, the 1700 cpu may be able to mine XMR pretty well too. (I guess 500h/s)

okay maybe maybe not   needs testing .

the biostar z170  does 4 cards well none has them doing 5 and 6 cards well
the Aorus  z270 from gigabyte does 5 cards well on windows 10  as tested by me

the ryzen board looks nice maybe it will do 6 cards and the cpu will do a solid 500 on xmr.  so it is like a 7 card rig Maybe

The cpus from amd seem costly to me  lowest cost I see is 329

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113428&cm_re=amd_ryzen-_-19-113-428-_-Product

amd only released the first wave of cpus that complete with intel on gaming and multitasking level
1700 is faster than a 6800k at 329$ 100$ less if i remember right the 1700 is 8 cores 16 threads which amd never has done before till now cuz intel finally sold them a lease for it
it also has at tdp of 65W vs 140W
these are mostly for gaming and stuff like that
6900k is $1k cpu and the 399$ 1700x beat it at cinebench
legendary

okay maybe maybe not   needs testing .

the biostar z170  does 4 cards well none has them doing 5 and 6 cards well
the Aorus  z270 from gigabyte does 5 cards well on windows 10  as tested by me

the ryzen board looks nice maybe it will do 6 cards and the cpu will do a solid 500 on xmr.  so it is like a 7 card rig Maybe

The cpus from amd seem costly to me  lowest cost I see is 329

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

Currently I only have 8 cards and am looking for an industrial unit to rent and expand to 50 vega cards when they release. Only way I can mine in Hong Kong, our houses are like 300sqft with increasing electricity price the more we use  Cheesy

Planning to go with the Asrock H81 pro btc since I can get it for $70 usd here and risers directly from china pretty cheap.

Activity: 615
legendary

good point .

I have not built an amd  pc since 2010

Here is what I know on the z270 boards they do 5 cards easy. I tested one works fine with 5 cards.

I am hoping to test a second one this week.

Activity: 672
legendary
What type of GPUs are you upgrading to? And what motherboard and CPU works best? Thank you

I have unique power costs.
Cooling issues.
Space issues.
I want next gen cards as I can not go past 40 cards and 10-12 boards.

You are new.  You have cheap power.  if you can get used  rx 470's from a guy like me  you should.

As for mobos.  I will be testing this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2V0AHI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tested this one

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128966&cm_re=aorus-_-13-128-966-_-Product

I reviewed it on newegg it does 5 cards

If the cheaper one on amazon does 5 cards or 6 cards it would be a good board to use.  these are the newest chipset boards.  They will also cpu mine xmr pretty cost effectively .

or get the low cost biostar z170  on sale for a good price at newegg.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138421&cm_re=biostar_z170-_-13-138-421-_-Product

the older board  that was king = asrock H81  I have one of them  many people get 6 cards to work on that.
Activity: 112
Merit: 18
What type of GPUs are you upgrading to? And what motherboard and CPU works best? Thank you

legendary
@ citronick    we will have excess power at the solar array  starting spring march 21  ending fall sept 21

so buysolar and I will need to figure how we ramp up in the next 30 days.

@ LoneRangir

this new mobo almost certainly will run 5 gpus  as my gigabyte aorus does that.

I need to learn to do xmr cpu mining.  I had some helped and for what ever reason I have yet to run xmr cpu correctly

I have 6  biostar z170 good boards running.
I have 1 h81  does 4 gpus easy  does not like 5 or 6
I have 1 asrock z170 does 4 gpus easy
I have 1 asrock itx z97 does 1 gpu easy
I have 1 aorus z270  runs 5 gpus no worries.
I have 1 pandaminer  runs smOS fine runs Eliovp OS fine.

I have 1 h110  works poorly shuts off every 6 hours I should try it with linux

I have 1 biostar z170 the 80 day rma  does not seem to work correctly  but have only used smOS

The new  board  a z270 is a gigabyte  I will report on it. When I get it.

I have 8 mobile  rx 480's 4gb in the pandaminer
I have 6 msi rx 480's 8gb  in the aorus 3 in the h81 3
I have 2 msi  rx 470's 8gb  in the aorus 1 in the h81 1

I have 14 msi  rx 470's in the biostar and the asrock z170
I have   1 xfx rx 460  slim  in a biostar
I have   1 xfx rx 460 slim in the asrock itx.

I will move the pandaminer to the solar array and hook it up to omOS with the SRR

All the rest I just don't know at the moment.
Activity: 615
Some Ryzen benchmarks are being published today. May be time for a new build, indeed!

Hopefully there will be some decent Mobo choices with enough PCIe slots for a 4 card, 6 card build that does not break the bank. The CPU performance looks great. Is XMR the only real alt worth CPU mining at the moment?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Phil - after you sell off your rigs, you ill build more rigs and put them in the solar farm?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
I am going to do a build with this newer z270 board

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2V0AHI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had coupons paid 65 for it.

I have an intel i5 6400t and 2 sticks of ram

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts about this one. Feel free to share !  Grin
legendary
I am going to do a build with this newer z270 board

I had coupons paid 65 for it.

I have an intel i5 6400t and 2 sticks of ram
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Cheers Phil!

I am awaiting the arrival of my PSU, CPU, and risers to start building my first rig. My buddy and I are putting together a wood open air frame today!

Build:
6x Sapphire RX 470
EVGA Supernova G2 @ 1300W
Biostar TB85
Intel G1840
4GB RAM
120GB SSD

Started with 3 cards which just arrived yesterday. Going to get the other 3 very shortly. Can't wait to get started!
legendary
You opened a new thread Phil?

Yes they get too long to find anything.

I bumped and locked the other 2 so they are easy to find. I placed links to both threads.

reasonable!

Phil have you ever thought about cutting the part of a tower frame that holds mb + gpus for your 2-4 card rigs? I have two spare ones and when I´m finished I´ll post some pictures of course. This will help to hold everything together tight + installing some "case" fans etc.

Please show via photos.
Right now I have  6 biostar z170's partly loaded as I am prepping for newer gpus

Activity: 662

I bumped and locked the other 2 so they are easy to find. I placed links to both threads.

reasonable!

Phil have you ever thought about cutting the part of a tower frame that holds mb + gpus for your 2-4 card rigs? I have two spare ones and when I´m finished I´ll post some pictures of course. This will help to hold everything together tight + installing some "case" fans etc.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: