Pages:
Author

Topic: Third alt coin thread last two were too big. Builds links thoughts etc - page 33. (Read 41854 times)

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Just wanted to report back on the Baikal Mini Miner that I have had almost 1 week now.  This little thing really rocks!  It was BY FAR the easiest mining-related equipment to set up and get running that I've ever had! Literally... just plug in the power and LAN cable, log in to its web interface and amend the already listed pools for your user names, and BAM, you're good to go!

Since that initial config, I have not had to do anything with it for a week!  Only check my returns, which in fact, have been very close to what the calculators say... about .05 to .06 Dash per day. Just got my first payout of .25 Dash yesterday and went to my exchange wallet with no issues.  So, as things are now, that equates to about 2 Dash per month, which at current prices would ROI this thing in about 100 days.  I would totally be down to get at least 1 more of these but now Baikal is out of stock and the secondary market prices are simply ridiculous... most are at least 2x the $300 retail price!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I have a question mining related : do anyone have already got the problem when disconnecting teamviewer leads to the RIG crash and reboot ?

No problem as long as teamviewer remains connected to the RIG , or of course as long as teamviewer has not been connected.
But If I connect to check or do some settings, I can't disconnect the remote access without getting crash of this particular RIG ..

sorry, using tightvnc here.

You may want to ensure that TV version is the same or compatible on both sides.

For me, I use TV from home to my farm's main workstation. - from there its tightVNC all the way.

Since using smOS, I dont need to remote manage the rigs, since all rigs now is centrally managed and can be done in the comfort of my browser at home. Anything needed at rig root level can be addressed using SSH.

I do however need to TV in and manually control SRR if necessary. Other than that, I think I have reached nearly lights out operations and just come by in the weekend to clear the tumble weeds....
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
I have a question mining related : do anyone have already got the problem when disconnecting teamviewer leads to the RIG crash and reboot ?

No problem as long as teamviewer remains connected to the RIG , or of course as long as teamviewer has not been connected.
But If I connect to check or do some settings, I can't disconnect the remote access without getting crash of this particular RIG ..

sorry, using tightvnc here.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Sorry I have been using smOS to check rigs
Activity: 501
Merit: 500

Yeah, I bought about .12 @ about $1,175.  Part of me wants to buy more around that price point but the looming ETF decision seems more and more likely to be pushed out even further and not really sure what that would do to prices.  I've also heard that while they are expected to "decide" on Saturday, the decision won't be released until Monday, which could make for a very interesting weekend of speculation, given that there will probably be multiple unconfirmed "leaks".

Really tough to know what to do but i will probably get in for maybe another .25 or so.  To me, there just seems to be more upwards potential than down but that's just my opinion.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
ah i forgot to add, i kinda use my own mgmt software n those that comes with it.

sorry forgot to add, i am not paying "fees" atm but that's only for my own use. I did pay fees, but i believe i have already paid enough initially + furthermore i have full control of my own rigs.

that's just my own personal preferences tbh. i manage quite a bit of rigs too including those that i host too.
legendary
i dont feel too comfortable pointing my miners into other server then to pool. what's happening in between ?

nothing against tytanick n he made a great piece of software though.

+1

I was sceptical too at first.

But after trying it out..... now enjoying the ease and central management, and damn stable Linux performance - couldn't be happier. The SRR addition made it a better package.

For that "What happens in between?".... who knows..... think Cloud.

Today, I use gmail and yahoomail..... what happens in between or "out there"..... who knows..... but I still continue to use cloud email.

One thing for sure, as long as service is good or exceeding one's expectations, safe, secure, easy... it gets my approval.

For the topic or expensive or not etc. -- I think after dumping Windows for Linux, I got back several more hours of sleep everyday. Best of all, I get to learn something new on Linux everyday. I have had enough skills on Windows in my lifetime.
So what price can you attach to above?

I understand the ease of implementation thing. It takes a lot of time to manage all these machines.

Are you able to under-volt via Linux?

undervolt? using Claymore's power limit settings dont work in Linux for RX cards.

For non-RX cards, no issues, you can set them in smOS overclocking menu.

However, I flash my GPUs with low power rom mods -100mV during Windows era.

And I still use them in smOS Linux environment to good effect - works fine and saves me same or less wattage.

For setting core and mem clocks in RX cards, Tytanick mentioned that he is working on it and talking to another developer to sell the codes to him....  Shocked

More controls only help the software improve.

and I got my panda on zec yes  thanks

nice watts drop  for all gear on zec vs all gear on eth  14 x 240 = 3360    to 12 x 240 =  2880
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
i dont feel too comfortable pointing my miners into other server then to pool. what's happening in between ?

+1

But after trying it out..... now enjoying the ease and central management, and damn stable Linux performance - couldn't be happier. The SRR addition made it a better package.

Today, I use gmail and yahoomail..... what happens in between or "out there"..... who knows..... but I still continue to use cloud email.

One thing for sure, as long as service is good or exceeding one's expectations, safe, secure, easy... it gets my approval.

For the topic or expensive or not etc. -- I think after dumping Windows for Linux, I got back several more hours of sleep everyday. Best of all, I get to learn something new on Linux everyday. I have had enough skills on Windows in my lifetime.

I understand the ease of implementation thing. It takes a lot of time to manage all these machines.

undervolt? using Claymore's power limit settings dont work in Linux for RX cards.

For non-RX cards, no issues, you can set them in smOS overclocking menu.

However, I flash my GPUs with low power rom mods -100mV during Windows era.

And I still use them in smOS Linux environment to good effect - works fine and saves me same or less wattage.

For setting core and mem clocks in RX cards, Tytanick mentioned that he is working on it and talking to another developer to sell the codes to him....  Shocked
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
checking  different bats for my gear.

any one have a zec bat for smOS ?  I am guessing this works?

--no-submit-stale --kernel equihash -o stratum+tcp://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje.Simple2 -p x --rawintensity 1008 -w 8 --text-only

For ZEC mining at NH (2nd highest paying currently at whattomine.com)

Use Optiminer 1.7 or Claymore 12.2

I prefer Optiminer 1.7 because developer has optimised miner for Linux mining.
Also the default settings is very stable on smOS.

-s equihash.hk.nicehash.com:3357 -u .$rigName -p x

Claymore 12.2 is equally good for ZEC, advantage is that you have more controls.

-zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.hk.nicehash.com:33357#xnsub -zwal .$rigName -zpsw x -wd 1 -dbg -1 -r 1 -allpools 1 -tt 75 -tstop 95 -mport 3333

Note that using Claymore miner on the SSL port will further reduce Claymore fees by 0.5% .... replace the ssl with tcp if you dont want to mine through the SSL port. Please note the port number has an extra char "3" prefix.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500

+1

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
@philipma1957, why so many diff config n pools ?

atm i'm back on dwarf for eth n dcr at nh

both was at nh for a bit but thinking on saving up some eth, have a feeling it'll shoot up. manual trade gains a little more than nh direct me thinks.

the pandaminer struggles  at times so I move it around.

also  simplemining os   has  no real easy way to store  setups  so I list them all on site.

I put all my settings on Google Drive for easy access from everywhere. Easy just cut and paste, mainly for Claymore and sgminer settings and syntax.

For Optiminer and Wolf settings.... its is more advanced their miners, and just require minimal input - so thats easy.

Usually I just need wallet address and correct URL for pools with correct ports. Anything else is considered "good to have".

For Claymore, my standard baseline syntax for all his miners is always "-tt 77 tstop 95 -dbg -1 -wd 1 -r 1 -fanmax 99 -fanmin 55 -mport -3333"

At the end of day, I think we should not have the habit of switching pools everyday - it will gather no moss in the long run.

Anyways, I switch between ETH+DCR and ZEC and XMR via Nicehash and get BTC upfront. I have lost faith in the major pools dwarfpool, nanopool etc - with exception of ethpool which I still use to collect ETH. Depending on what happens after the ETF March 11 ruling by SEC, I may revert to my 3 coin strategy on the long term. For now.... all in with BTC.

My 28 rigs (out of 33) selling ZEC hash at Nicehash marketplace gets me around 0.11 BTC to 0.145 BTC per day. I tried ETH+DCR at Nicehash too.... but only get 0.07 BTC max per day.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

+1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Got a new sapphire card, the Nitro 470 4gb.  (This is non-plus nitro model)

They are selling pretty cheap, $165 with a $10 rebate at newegg currently.  $155 with the rebate.

No dual bios, lower stock clocks and no back plate but the power plug is still on the top.  More cost saving measures from sapphire, was slightly disappointment to see them remove the back plate.

Samsung ram and everything is still unlocked in msi afterburner.

They possibility dislike if the voltage goes too low, I did -100 mv and 1050 mhz core then pc locked up.  I got it going again and did -90 mv 1100 mhz core, 1900 mhz ram with 1700 straps and running fine.  Watts in the software shows 70 watts (mining eth) at the gpu core so thats about 120 watts at the plug with 80% efficiency psu.  Seems like a good card and at this price point you can roi pretty quick.  I am replacing a small 290 rig with these cards.
legendary
Mine Mine Mine

both was at nh for a bit but thinking on saving up some eth, have a feeling it'll shoot up. manual trade gains a little more than nh direct me thinks.

the pandaminer struggles  at times so I move it around.

also  simplemining os   has  no real easy way to store  setups  so I list them all on site.

hmmm ... copy settings put it in notepad++ then copy paste whichever settings n run miner ?

looks like some -ve points for panda too.

still considering to test out SMOS but tbh, i dont feel too comfortable pointing my miners into other server then to pool. what's happening in between ?

** also i noticed CDM v8.0 is no better than CDM v7.4 except the ability to dual mine PASC but atm the most profitable would be ETH +DCR n infact i;m getting better speeds on CDM v7.4 compared to v8.0
legendary

the pandaminer struggles  at times so I move it around.

also  simplemining os   has  no real easy way to store  setups  so I list them all on site.
legendary
Mine Mine Mine

legendary
thanks to all for the riser suggestions. I couldn't wait for a shipment from China or ebay at this point... not patient enough with 4 GPUs sitting in a box needing to get onto my rig lol.  So, I ordered 4 from the Amazon seller someone suggested and 4 more from the other one I found that at least looked like the ones Phil sent (the Molex version).  But, I will probably get that 6-pack or PCI from the seller Phil mentioned. Since risers are probably the #1 problem item on these rigs, I think it's a good plan to have a handful on-hand in case they are needed.

On another note, for those of you dual mining ETH + anything but DCR at present, take a look at what DCR is doing today! It's up 50% to just over $3.50 a coin!  So now, it is by far the most profitable 2nd coin to mine with ETH.  Just an FYI for those that might still be doing Pasc or Lib or Sia.

he has a NY location and a China location

mention me and ask for them from ny

Yeah I am killing it with  dcr and eth.
thanks to all for the riser suggestions. I couldn't wait for a shipment from China or ebay at this point... not patient enough with 4 GPUs sitting in a box needing to get onto my rig lol.  So, I ordered 4 from the Amazon seller someone suggested and 4 more from the other one I found that at least looked like the ones Phil sent (the Molex version).  But, I will probably get that 6-pack or PCI from the seller Phil mentioned. Since risers are probably the #1 problem item on these rigs, I think it's a good plan to have a handful on-hand in case they are needed.

On another note, for those of you dual mining ETH + anything but DCR at present, take a look at what DCR is doing today! It's up 50% to just over $3.50 a coin!  So now, it is by far the most profitable 2nd coin to mine with ETH.  Just an FYI for those that might still be doing Pasc or Lib or Sia.
Pages:
Jump to: